Any province related discussion not fitting into other categories
Scamp
Lesser Daedra

SHotN Region Names

Post by Scamp »

So far, we've had the name of the hold in region names like so:

The Reach, Druadach Highlands

In my opinion, this is undesirable for two reasons:
  • It is inconsistent with vanilla and TR, which always put "Region" behind the region name
  • Some regions like Falkheim require two regions for one region - so to say - since they span multiple holds.
Generally, it seems like borders between holds should be made clear through appearance of folk and tone of dialogue and topics, not by the name of the region.

Thus, a new scheme for region names is proposed:
  • Druadach Highlands Region
  • Midkarth Region
  • Falkheim Region
  • Kilkreath Mountains Region
  • Solitude Forest Region
  • Ridgelands Region
I would like to get some opinions on this. I have already uploaded a file containing appropriate regions here that can be used when working on exterior claims.
If this is the new way to go moving forward, existing regions in Sky_Main will need to be updated as well.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

So if I understand correctly, this would make the way SHOTN handles region names identical to the way vanilla, TR, and P:C does it? Then I'm all for it. Seems like a good idea all-round. It's not like the player can just intuit the fact that they crossed a political border, while a change of geographic region is fairly easy to see.

If there's a need to clearly demarcate the different political areas, you could put border stones or something like that near prominent roads.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I vote in favor of this!
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

+1

Let's change it!

Return to “SHotN Skyrim Discussion”