Any province related discussion not fitting into other categories
roerich
Cruel Warlord

The Random Idea Thread

Post by roerich »

Reviving this from the old forum.

[horizontalline][/horizontalline]
Quests:
-I recently finished a murder mystery book set in ancient Egypt, where a character who is a master of poisons says that one can cause any honey produced by a beehive to become poisonous by introducing flowers like rhododendrons to the bees. Since you need honey to make mead, I could see this as a potential quest for either the Thieves Guild (messing up the business of a rival meadery) or Dark Brotherhood (killing customers as per a contract)

Factions:
-a secret fraternity worshipping Jhunal underneath the College of Winterhold
-a group of Breton nightblades scheming against Thian in Solitude

Dungeons:
- An Imperial patrol lost in a mountain pass somewhere in northern Skyrim due to a lavine. They have resorted to cannibalism, and have found an ice cave which they've taken residence in. Should be a creepy int and the starved Imperial soldiers will be hostile. Perhaps the player would be sent to find them as a quest.

Culture:
- Nord Sky Burial. I've given this some thought for a while, and have tried to write up some concepts as well as put something together in the CS. Inspired by an idea in one of the religion threads. Crude stone Dakhmas on mountaintops and the highest cliff outlooks. Associated with Kyne. Should have a special group of maintainers which may or may not be Fryse Hags (or related to them). Lives close to the Dakhma and does the proper rituals as well as the practical arrangements of the body and such.
- Bone carving being a cultural norm among the northern tribes and in the city of Dunstiorr. Tools, knives, weapons carved out of whalebone.

Misc:
- The Pocket Guide to the Empire mentions that King Thain of Solitude has been sponsoring exploratory missions into the Sea of Ghosts. Perhaps one of these can be in the planning stages at the docks of Solitude, with captains recruiting sailors and supplies being procured and loaded.
- Have a special "city" region (i.e. Reach City Region) for each region, which has the same weather settings etc., but different ambient sounds; dogs barking, smiths working with the hammer, people chatting in the background etc.
- How about sporadically encountering other explorers in caves and the wilderness? Well I guess we already have that. But in caverns and caves, it would be interesting to run into a traveler who is lost or perhaps just looking for loot. The point I'm making is that caves and such shouldn't just have bad guys in it who attack you. I'm thinking more along the lines of TESV and how you would run into other travelers in the wilderness, although I never saw any other travelers in caves. It makes the world feel much more real when you see other NPCs doing the same thing you're doing. The Player is not the only adventurer in Tamriel. I probably don't need to ask but we do have enemies that won't automatically attack you on sight unless provoked, correct? Like how TESV has their AI system implemented? Or does the gambryo engine incapable of that?
- A Nord clan of lawless raiders and bandits, living in an isolated village in the mountains. Their leader is named something Red-Tooth and is a bloodthirsty and brutal vampire, after he was bitten during an attack on a vampire nest. Even though none of his men are particularly fond of vampires, but they all fear him too much to do something about it.
- Amber is fossilized Hist resin from the primordial jungle-forest which covered Nirn during the Ehlnofex wars. Some unique amber pieces are fossilized Hist sap, highly valued but does weird tricks on the mind if licked.

Creatures:-
- We were just talking on IRC about having some kind of "Frost-Dreugh" with frost resistance. Could use a similar mesh, texture would be a little more blue-tinted, maybe, and glowing eyes might be a neat addition. Thinking about the connection we can make to Morrowind... it would be a little weird to have all things native to Morrowind magically "disappear" as soon as you cross the border. Near Winterhold and Dawnstar may be a good place for them.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Hestra's Eye

A monolithic set of stones resembling an eye from above. Placed somewhere in the NW Reach or the Sundered Hills. Reachmen witches sacrifice something (goats, babies, reachmen) here every 100 years, and have done so since Hestra's conquering of the Reach in 1E1030. The pattern of the stones and the sacrifice is used to put a powerful curse on Hesta's soul.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

From the old Forum:
One particularly cruel clan could be the Red-Throat clan whose head Gotgareth Whitefinger holds himself a "tamed" Sabertooth lion that is fed with the remainings of hunts and... raids.
Or Kynesbeard-Clan lead by Falix the Swift-Mouthed who utilizes a broken Thu'um to fight his enemies. People who want join the clan have to survive his broken pulverisation-shout (known from the greybeards for pulverising king wulfharth), but in this case, those that do not survive the shout, instead carry away heavy burnings.
The Wolf-Clan btw. could be known for reanimating his warriors to continue the honorful fight for the clan. Those Draugr keep their possessions they had in life and they even keep dwelling their tents until they are ready to lay down their service and get buried.
There are many other smaller groups (clans) living similarly. Sometimes the reignors of holds utilize those groups for their purposes but otherwise avoid them, when possible. Whiping them out? Why as long as they can be useful?
Also, I want there to be an incompetent scholar/archaeologist residing in Markarth Side who thinks the Direnni ruins are actually Dwemer ruins. Just a fun jab at TES V.
The 1st pg mentions Alehouses in Skyrim, so Ale for one is something we still have to look into.
In TES V, Sarthaal is nothing but tunnels and crypts. Our interpretation ought to be more like Machu Picchu half encased in a glacier. The mages at the College of Winterhold would have used picks and destruction magic to make access tunnels, linking different parts of the settlement.
Also simple Word Walls should be found in tombs since they contain texts that give account of the buried. In our case they are not going to reveal words of power to the player though, since that gift is limited to Dragonborn.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Good stuff.
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

An activator. A stone plaque with unreadable Nordish inscriptions to be placed in tombs, describing who is interred there. To be placed in the wall or such next to skeletons, i.e. "Here lies Hrovald Red-Wolf, slayer of Agaara-Gakharar the Giant". Basically a sign for tombs.
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Reviving this to post the ideas I've had during this 2 months with the project:

It begun in the shadows

An idea for alternate way of connecting Skyrim with vanilla game. Rather than putting a teleporting NPC in Skyrim Mission of Ebonheart, how about we employ Shadow magic for that? Now, I haven't played Shadowkey, but telling from uesp entries that should be fitting. Player could encounter some ghostly being wandering around Vvardenfell's wilderness, preferably in some remote spot that hasn't been modded that much (on some Grazeland's road? I can't think of a single mod fiddling with roads of that region). If approached, the being would proclaim to be a shadow projection of Redguard shadow mage of the West. The mage would tell the player how he is occupied with looking for a hero to aid him in his important quest. In case the PC is interested, he offers to transport him/her to his house, so they can talk in more civil way; if accepted, some magical sound effect will play (some unnaturaly quickened creepy whispers, maybe? I imagine Shadow magic to be quite ambivalent moral-wise), the screen will FadeIn black for few seconds, and then the PC would find himself inside some kind of magic circle (Oriphier made some nice ones here or even more here) in some ordinary poor house of Karthwasten, or one of the smaller Redguard hamlets. His host could have similar face to the ones in the lowest row here and I can't help but imagine him wearing that kind of outift (if only more tattered)

What next? I believe some smaller missions for the player would be due here, like "bring me five blossoming Shadow Fly flowers", "bring that note to my friend in Karthgad's inn", "ask Reachmen's matriarch for her opinion on..." and so on - something to get the player familiarized with the Reach. And then? Once all the chores are done, the mage would bid PC farewell, providing him with some kind of credentials saying he's a trusty man, to be shown to a person in charge of the Redguard Resistance. The player could then take his/her own way or eventually deliver the letters or give them away to the Nords. The latter two would start the main quest for the Reach.

Okay, I might have taken it too far now :) anyway, I suggest something among those lines. Currently we are telling our players at the very beginning of their adventure "Ho! Look, Nords & forests!"; what I propose here might help with creating the impression of "Ho! Look, Reach & it's denizens!" and I think that's the point we are trying to achieve reviving that hold. Plus it has that exotic, original feel to it and it's lore friendly (at least I suppose so).

Friendly Arm Inn?

Something really small for a break now. I'd vote for including something like Friendly Arm Inn we probably all know & love from Baldur's Gate, in some wild area, rather than putting there yet another village. It would create similar amount of work for NPCers/dialoguers anyway.

Semi-essential NPCs

The way the essential NPCs are handled in Morrowind is just great, more fitting than in later TES games. It's something we should preserve not only in SHotN, but in PT in general, I think. That being said, I don't think the message from vanilla game fits our needs. It was quite far-fetched even for Bloodmoon NPCs :P and I sincerely hope none of the teams plan to come up with any new prophecy regarding the Nerevarine. How about writing something new, and then add it to each essential NPC's script as a MessageBox triggered on their death?

That new message could be about the feeling the flowing time stops for a while, and then remains flowing, yet altered, something about the CHIM, Akatosh or the Elder Scrolls... don't now, really, I'm not good with the words. Some beings could have unique message triggered on their death, e.g. "You don't think you have slain Harkon of the Volkihar once and for all."

The message could be applied to the NPCs needed for the Main Quests completions & the ones we see in later games (or their ancestors - e.g. Mede family in PC), or just the former.

Amber fossils

Inspired by that discussion between Roerich & JackTheStripper.

How about placing in some deep caves of one certain ancient forest giant blocks of amber with huge animals trapped in amber? We could use mammoth statue from our data, MJY had decent looking humpback whale in mjyanimals statues.rar here, some others - like a jumping sabertooth tiger or a standing bear, maybe even one sleeping dragon? - would be nice too. I imagine stuff like that would look quite nice in our dark caverns, with clever lighting around it.

We can make this amber mineable with ancient nordic pick axe from Bloodmoon (that should be quite more common in Skyrim, unless I'm missing some lore here), though I'd say the output should consist only of regular amber, with maybe some chance for
roerich wrote: Some unique amber pieces are fossilized Hist sap, highly valued but does weird tricks on the mind if licked.
What I'm saying here is - no mimicking Bloodmoon with crafting new shiny armor/weapons from that.
[hsimg=]http://fajnykrzych.blox.pl/resource/mamut_w_lodzie.jpg[/hsimg] [hsimg=]http://www.fossilmuseum.net/Fossil_Gall ... er/PF5.jpg[/hsimg] "To be taken by dragons"

Don't know how much lore accurate that one is...

"To be taken by dragons" is a Reachmen figure of speech, originating back from centuries before, when young Third Empire, struggling from internal frictions, often would forcefully recruit into Imperial Legion big numbers of unruly and fierce Witchmen - not only as an armed force, but to have them under control as well. The young men, send to fight not for their case, not in their country, with rebels, vampires or even Tsaesci, sparsely would return back home. Over the time, the families awaiting for their return - in fact in mourning since their departures - would develop the habit of euphemistically saying that they were taken by dragons; they're gone.

[hsimg=]http://images.uesp.net/6/66/SR-banner-I ... Legion.png[/hsimg]

The times has changed, no-one is recruited into Ruby Ranks by force anymore. The saying still exists though. Nowadays it's gaining popularity in the circles of more radical natives, often in the ranks of Forsworn: they use it to describe any of their kind that went to see "the big world", lives among the other races, or even has close contacts with them. That fellow is as good as dead to them.

New cursed items

Uff, once again time for something smaller :) How about we add to our data some cursed items, just like the ones from vanilla that spawn daedra lord behind your back when picked up, in the form of typical Reachmen offering? We could have cursed honey, cheese, palm fruits, skulls, apples... Rather than summon daedra lord they could summon something more fitting - I suggest Hircine Defender from Melchior's Staffs of the Daedra.

Bone Magic

In the Passwall, Shivering Isles, there lives a Nord, who is obsessed with bones. He seems to believe the life essence lives, runs in one's bones. The best way to hurt a thing? Attack it with the weapon made from the bones of it's kind. Took some screens today for convenience

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/ufkqyjV.png[/hsimg][hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/ZDlXzeI.png[/hsimg][hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/oc8DqCn.png[/hsimg][hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/ddKrv5d.png[/hsimg][hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/aVZOT0C.png[/hsimg]

Now, why won't we make a guild of fellows sharing that philosophy, residing by the town of Dawnstar, of course, in some unique guildhall made of carved bones. I'm not saying they should be as insane as Jayred is (though I belive with that outlook on the world some of them could be pretty maniac; heck, we can even include Jayred Ice-Veins himself in their ranks, prior to him finally falling into Sheogorath's embrace), maybe their beliefs oddly derived over the centuries from the cult of the All-Maker? In their eyes, the pantheistic power the All-Maker represents concentrate in the bones of every living being.

We can have a smith here that would craft the weapons from the bones the player brings him. They can be scripted to deal extra damage to their kind.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

It begun in the shadows

An idea for alternate way of connecting Skyrim with vanilla game. Rather than putting a teleporting NPC in Skyrim Mission of Ebonheart, how about we employ Shadow magic for that? Now, I haven't played Shadowkey, but telling from uesp entries that should be fitting. Player could encounter some ghostly being wandering around Vvardenfell's wilderness, preferably in some remote spot that hasn't been modded that much (on some Grazeland's road? I can't think of a single mod fiddling with roads of that region). If approached, the being would proclaim to be a shadow projection of Redguard shadow mage of the West. The mage would tell the player how he is occupied with looking for a hero to aid him in his important quest. In case the PC is interested, he offers to transport him/her to his house, so they can talk in more civil way; if accepted, some magical sound effect will play (some unnaturaly quickened creepy whispers, maybe? I imagine Shadow magic to be quite ambivalent moral-wise), the screen will FadeIn black for few seconds, and then the PC would find himself inside some kind of magic circle (Oriphier made some nice ones here or even more here) in some ordinary poor house of Karthwasten, or one of the smaller Redguard hamlets. His host could have similar face to the ones in the lowest row here and I can't help but imagine him wearing that kind of outift (if only more tattered)

What next? I believe some smaller missions for the player would be due here, like "bring me five blossoming Shadow Fly flowers", "bring that note to my friend in Karthgad's inn", "ask Reachmen's matriarch for her opinion on..." and so on - something to get the player familiarized with the Reach. And then? Once all the chores are done, the mage would bid PC farewell, providing him with some kind of credentials saying he's a trusty man, to be shown to a person in charge of the Redguard Resistance. The player could then take his/her own way or eventually deliver the letters or give them away to the Nords. The latter two would start the main quest for the Reach.

Okay, I might have taken it too far now :) anyway, I suggest something among those lines. Currently we are telling our players at the very beginning of their adventure "Ho! Look, Nords & forests!"; what I propose here might help with creating the impression of "Ho! Look, Reach & it's denizens!" and I think that's the point we are trying to achieve reviving that hold. Plus it has that exotic, original feel to it and it's lore friendly (at least I suppose so).
I'm not sure about this as an introduction quest, but we could certainly make some reference to the shadow magic stuff, perhaps by adding a shadow gate in one of the direnni ruins with a small quest around it. It could also be interesting to have 2 or 3 of the 7 star teeth somewhere scattered around our Reach.

Also, thinking of Scamps cave claim: How about making that hidden mage Azra Nightwielder?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I like that idea, worsas. Scamp's mage is clearly a necromancer though, but Azra could be experimenting in that field as well.
- Taniquetil

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Wouldn't be opposed to it myself.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

That is a great idea Muspila! Quite an obscure character I'd never heard of before, but seems super fitting with all that crystal and illusions and stuff.

I love it when a plan comes together...
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
PT Modder

Post by TerrifyingDaedricFoe »

So I was reading MK's post on Cathnoquey and lo-and-behold, a titbit of lore for Skyrim appeared.
MK wrote:The Wasabi Run: After the Disaster at Ionith and the retreat of the Cyrodilic navy back to Tamriel, there was little reason for the Empire to keep either resupply stations or legion garrisons in Cathnoquey. That changed with the discovery of “the Wasabi Run,” a trickle of shoals and small islets whose every available surface had been cultivated in swirling garden crops of a tibrol-based wasabi. Wasabi is as lucrative a trade in Skyrim as skooma is to the hinterlands of the south and east, with the added benefit of actually being legal. Withdrawal of the occupying forces from Cathnoquey was stalled in 3E306, to give the Treasury Agents of Outland Holdings time to surreptitiously tally a drake-value annual return based on exploitation of the wasabi gardens. Only a year later, a wholly-endorsed provincial investiture was won by Veto at White-Gold Tower, opposed only by the powerful, and corrupt,“Blackmouth Counts” of the Cheydanene districts.

During the Treasury’s investigations, the Quey naturally denied having created these gardens in their alien and insouciant way, shrugging as if the mystery was really quite obvious. To their credit, the Quey had never been actually seen trading wasabi at market in the thirty years of Imperial occupation. When their “untitled leaders” were questioned how it got there and who its gardeners were, they merely told the Imperials that “it showed up when you did.” Under torture, the origins of the Wasabi Run and its careful cultivation were made even less clear, with variations of a single answer: “you needed something from Cathnoquey, so it gave it to you. You are Quey now, so stop hurting yourself.”

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Yes, thought about it as well. I've talked about includibg wasabi before, but nice to know that it's imported.
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

The Wyrms

A group of mercenaries and reavers, previously employed during the War of Betony and in many of the Interregnum wars. Comprised mostly of ruthless Nords, but also rogues, sellswords, outcasts and veterans of a lot of races. Currently they are found in Haafingar, where they are secretly employed by King Thian for missions that would spark diplomatic outrage, were they done by regular Haafinheim troops. They also work in reeforcing King Thian's spy network across the city, especially in the seedier parts. They undertake murders, kidnappings, extortion, harassment and similar acts.
- Taniquetil

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Fairgrounds pillar (I don't know how correcly translate "Yarmorochny stolb" :) )
http://www.profimages.ru/upload/iblock/ ... 58_288.jpg
Ancient fun for a Market Square. Big pillar. On the pillar put wheel. At the wheel different goodies. Who will be able to climb the pillar, he will be able to take this goodies.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shadowkey:Conc ... #Shadowkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; had plans to add Wormmouth?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

The Wormmouth has been in for years, did you not play our first release? We even have an armor set made out of its hide.
- Taniquetil

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Wow. Cool. No, I didn't play, I wait for full Reach.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Birds provided a helpful guide to finding land. A Viking legend states that Vikings used to take caged crows aboard ships and let them loose if they got lost. The crows would instinctively head for land, giving the sailors a course to steer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longship# ... propulsion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another link between Kyne and sailors? Besides wind.
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Was reminded of this recently
Hereas at the general Sessions of the Peace held for the District of House Hlaalu at the Town of Balmora on the 16th day of First Seed in the year of the Reign of our Sovereign King Hlaalu Athyn Llethan, by the Grace of All Gods, King of Morrowind, Duke of Mournhold and Hlaalu Province; Defender of the People and the Law; Loyal Servant of the Empire; etc.

Arrille of the Port of Seyda Neen aforesaid, hath entered into Recognizance with Sureties, before us his Majesty's Magistrates of Peace, within the said District, whose Names are hereunder written:

We therefore his Majesty's said Magistrates, have hereby Licensed, and allowed the said Arrille to keep a Common Tradehouse, or Cornerclub, in the House wherein he now dwelleth, in the Port of Seyda Neen aforesaid, for three full years, from henceforth next ensuing, or till such other time as shall be by us, or some of our fellow Magistrates thereunto appointed; Provided that if the said Arrille do not from time to time during that time, well and truly observe the Articles hereafter mentioned, then this License shall presently cease, and be utterly void.

1st Item, That the said Arrille shall not suffer any Stranger, or unknown Traveler, to Lodge, or Stay, in or about his House, above one Day and one Night, without making the same known forthwith to the next Bailiff, or other Officer of this Town, to the end that the said Stranger, or unknown Traveler may be examined, by some Magistrate of Peace near adjoining.

2nd Item, That he shall not suffer any playing at Cards, Tables, Dice, Bowls, Nine-holes, or any other unlawful Game, or any Disorder, or Outrage in his House, Orchard, Garden, or Back-side, but shall keep good Order and Rule in his House.

3rd Item, That he shall not suffer any neighbor's Children, Servants, or Slaves to Tipple in his House at all, nor any other to Tipple in his house, otherwise than by the Statutes are allowed.

4th Item, That he doe not suffer any to Tipple in hours of Prayer, or Lesson, on any Emperor's or Festival days, nor at any time after the eighth hour of Night.

5th Item, That he shall not harbor any Rogues, Vagabonds, Tradeless men, nor other suspicious Persons, in or about his House.

6th Item, That he shall not Buy or take to Pawn, or suffer to be Bought or taken to Pawn in his House (to his knowledge) any goods of any unknown Traveler, or of any Neighbor's children, or Servants, or Slaves, or of any man's Wife, without the consent of their Parents, Masters, or Husbands respectively, and if any such Goods be offered to Sale, or Pawn, by any Stranger, he shall make the same known forthwith to the next Bailiff, or other Officer of the Town.

7th Item, That he doe not sell his best Drink above Four Drakes the Gallon, nor the second sort above Two Drakes the Gallon, nor suffer any Ash-Fowl to be Dressed or Eaten in his House, or on any other Victuals prohibited by the Laws of this Realm.

8th Item, That he shall not suffer any Bawdry, or Criminal Conversation, in or about his house, nor shall procure or cause to be Enticed any man to drink in his house, until he shall be Drunk, or distempered with Drink.

9th Item, That he shall not suffer any Luting, Drumming, or Dancing, in or about his house, on any Lesson Day, nor in time of Divine Service, on any Sacred Festival, or Holy-day.

10th Item, That he shall cause this License to be openly fixed up in the Hall-Room of his dwelling House, to the end that every one may see what Articles he is bound to observe.

Dated the day and year first above written.

Undersigned,

Master Velanda Omani Master Nevena Ules Master Dram Bero Master Crassius Curio Master Yngling Half-Troll
We ought to have a few of our variant of these in Imperial-sanctioned taverns and tradehouses, with signatures of the relevant local authorities of course. Other than that, I think there's a lot of RP elements in this that we should remember.
- Taniquetil

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

I was actually thinking about hygiene and culture of Imperials, remembering baths, and I thought about Nords as well. Do you think Nords are using saunas? This is pretty historical and adds a nice touch to the culture, which was never done in Skyrim, so I would've liked to see Nordic saunas in game.

achanguitar
Forumite

Post by achanguitar »

vrolok wrote:I was actually thinking about hygiene and culture of Imperials, remembering baths, and I thought about Nords as well. Do you think Nords are using saunas? This is pretty historical and adds a nice touch to the culture, which was never done in Skyrim, so I would've liked to see Nordic saunas in game.
This would be a great idea, though i don't know how it will be implemented. Skyrim is a cold region with harsh weather, so it's obvious and logical that the Nords using saunas or at least, bathing in hot springs :)
"... Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."
Wulf (Tiber Septim) from TES III : Morrowind

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

There was a sauna in a previous version of Old Hrol'dan. I'm sure we'll see more in more snowy conditions.
- Taniquetil

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Deep snow terrain

Tileable snow plane meshes with collision planes much lower than their visible part. Can conceal enemies lying in ambush (with their fatigue temporarily set to a negative number through a script, so they would collapse and be hidden from sight until Player comes near), could be Draugrs, savages, animals, some kind of "frostbitten wight" etc. Or maybe just pits hidden under the snow - when Player steps on a "trapped" tile he gets teleported into an underground ice cave.
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... 20snow.jpg[/hsimg]

Kinda like what we havein Bitter Coast swamps. Probably more fitting for the most snowy areas (Winterhold? Windhelm?)

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Well that's a damn fine concept art :P I can't help but see the horns of "Dovakhiin" helmet as pigtails :lol:

I love this idea, it would work very well for berserkers I think. How about a whole secret plateau made with this technique as well, somewhere in high mountains (between Hjaalmarch and White Hold?), where snow whales would have their burrows, humming their songs and jumping above the snow surface, just like Cait's standard whales do in a water?

[hsimg=]http://www.jackiemorris.co.uk/images/whalefoxes.jpg[/hsimg]

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

[hsimg=]http://www.novayagazeta.ru/storage/c/20 ... 448_67.jpg[/hsimg]

Rocky beaches with huge bones. Some culture of villages across this beaches can be baced on collection of bones and making stuff from them.

Doomman
Forumite

Post by Doomman »

Have giant's skeletons be found around in Skyrim. They don't need to be as massive as pic related, but discovering a remains of a giant in his last moments would be a pretty cool thing to chance upon.

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/SYn6gwh.jpg[/hsimg]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

re: whale bones: We have previously discussed making bone carving a big part of the northern shore culture, especially in the tiny, rural fishing settlements around Dawnstar. Dawnstar/Dunstior itself is supposed to be centered in and around the skull of a giant sea-drake.

re: giant skeletons: Something I've always wanted to see as well! But won't really be needed until we go further east.
- Taniquetil

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

We're positive that Nords practiced ship burials. So how's about this:

Stone ship called Tjelvar’s grave on the island of Gotland, Sweden, dating from the late Bronze Age (1100-500 BCE). According to a myth described in the Gutasaga, it is the grave of Tjelvar, the first person on Gotland.
Last edited by R-Zero on Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Already added one of these for the Sundered Hills claim. :-D
- Taniquetil

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

roerich wrote:Already added one of these for the Sundered Hills claim. :-D
Awesome! :)

Return to “SHotN Skyrim Discussion”