The Random Idea Thread

Any province related discussion not fitting into other categories
Gorgle
Forumite

Post by Gorgle »

I'd love to see Nordic huts and houses that have grass roof like this.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Nice. I hope we can achieve a Kittelsen vibe in some of the southern parts of Skyrim.

I tried something similar in the last post in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Gorgle
Forumite

Post by Gorgle »

Kittelsen has a lot of nice art of swampy terrains and rocky coasts as well, so i'd love to see his style in Hjaalmarch and Dawnstar holds.

I'm at the moment writing a thread with Kittelsen art with some fluffy lore text to make it fit into the TES universe, but it seems that I can't make threads yet.

Undertaker
Forumite

Post by Undertaker »

roerich wrote: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:28 pm Creatures:-
- We were just talking on IRC about having some kind of "Frost-Dreugh" with frost resistance. Could use a similar mesh, texture would be a little more blue-tinted, maybe, and glowing eyes might be a neat addition. Thinking about the connection we can make to Morrowind... it would be a little weird to have all things native to Morrowind magically "disappear" as soon as you cross the border. Near Winterhold and Dawnstar may be a good place for them.
Quote from Book Two of 2920, The Last Year of the First Era which first appeared in Morrowind suggest that Dreughs should be living anywhere from Morrowind through Skyrim, High Rock, Hammerfell to Valenwood and Summurset Isles coasts.
dreugh, an underwater race in the north and western parts of the continent. For one year of their life, they undergo karvinasim when they walk upon the land
In Daggerfall they had "low tolerance to frost" though.
Yeti wrote: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 pm
Also simple Word Walls should be found in tombs since they contain texts that give account of the buried. In our case they are not going to reveal words of power to the player though, since that gift is limited to Dragonborn.
Player isn't Dragonborn only if we consider this prophecy
From seventh sign of eleventh generation,
Neither Hound nor Guar, nor Seed nor Harrow,
But Dragon-born and far-star-marked,
Outlander Incarnate beneath Red Mountain,
Blessed Guest counters seven curses,
Star-blessed hand wields thrice-cursed blade,
To reap the harvest of the unmourned house.
to not be 100% true or have different meaning of "Dragonborn", well Gilvas Barelo thought it means just "born under foreign stars and the sign of the Dragon -- the Imperial sign".

-MrWillis-
Forumite

Post by -MrWillis- »

Is it weird that I want a vampire clan on Morthal?

Return to “SHotN Skyrim Discussion”