Door chimes, wrong door orientation

Any province related discussion not fitting into other categories
R-Zero
PT Modder

Door chimes, wrong door orientation

Post by R-Zero »

I recently made a mod that adds door chimes to imperial stores and taverns on Vvardenfell and was wondering if perhaps we could roll this one into P:C too? I think it would fit Cyrodiilic mercantile-oriented culture really well. Currently it works through replacing certain door variants with ones that have bell jingling mixed in their Open sound, but I just made a variation that only relies on a single separate object placed inside the needed cell, for less conflicts.

While I was making this mod, I noticed that in vanilla MW the same door shape is used for both interior and exterior loaddoors, and because of that the doors don't really correspond to each other. It seems, P:C load doors suffer from the same problem, which is easily solvable by making an additional flipped variant of the loaddors for the use in exteriors and automatically replacing the ones that are already wrong.

[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... titled.jpg[/hsimg]

What do you guys think? Not that it's a big problem, but stuff like this is better be taken care of early, if ever.
Last edited by R-Zero on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

I love the idea of bells/chimes on the stores, personally :)

Regarding flipping the door models, my only concern is how much work would be involved with revamping the already completed interiors - we should definitely fix it for Anvil and beyond though.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Saint_Jiub wrote:I love the idea of bells/chimes on the stores, personally :)

Regarding flipping the door models, my only concern is how much work would be involved with revamping the already completed interiors - we should definitely fix it for Anvil and beyond though.
Thanks!
I think a simple tes3cmd script would do the job.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

While I'm making door variations, would anyone object if I replaced some door handles with less retarded ones too?
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... handle.jpg[/hsimg]

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

feel free to do that. :D

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I barely care about Stirk, Ayleid ruins or Colovian tombs anymore - just give me more of those sweet, sweet new door handles.

Actually, let's drop this whole thing. Project Door Handle Replacer should be the next big community mod!
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

roerich wrote:I barely care about Stirk, Ayleid ruins or Colovian tombs anymore - just give me more of those sweet, sweet new door handles.

Actually, let's drop this whole thing. Project Door Handle Replacer should be the next big community mod!
This sounds sarcastic as hell :D But I'll take it at face value. Thanks.
Posted the door meshes in question to the Data Contribution thread.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I was just continueing the level of excitement put forward in your picture. :-D Seriously though, it is looking great.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Return to “P:C Cyrodiil Discussion”