Imperial Beverages from Vanilla and TR. Where are they from?

Any province related discussion not fitting into other categories
worsas
Project Administrator

Imperial Beverages from Vanilla and TR. Where are they from?

Post by worsas »

Flin
Imported Cyrodiilic whiskey is called flin. This stimulating beverage is imported and expensive, but has none of the unpleasant side effects of other intoxicating beverages. A sharp boost in strength and willpower is what most people experience.
Cyrodillic Brandy
Cyrodiilic brandy, an invigorating and stimulating alcoholic beverage, is imported and expensive in Morrowind, but it is claimed to have none of the unpleasant side effects of other intoxicants. I hear it fortifies Willpower and Endurance. I don't know, myself... I save this for paying customers.
Goya (TR)
Goya is the name given to imported Cyrodiilic bourbon. A strong drink, but one that clears the mind rather than clouding it. A favorite of people burdened by worries and faced with difficult challenges.
Colovian Battlewine (TR) This one actually looks decent. I'd just use it as is.
Colovian battlewine is a kind of fortified wine mixed with juniper berry liqour made in the grasslands of the Imperial Reserve. In the old days the Colovian warlords would drink the battlewine boiling hot before addressing their troops as they believed that the rasp it left in their throats commanded more respect. The drink dulls the mind, but makes one feel quite heroic, indomitable even.
For the Goya, I need to know, whether it should be marked ImpCol or ImpNib in the new data files. Since all of our other beverages have this assignment, I would like to avoid just putting imp infront of it.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

After a short talk with gnomey, he seems to want to change the background and purpose of the Goya to be a native product rather than an imported beverage from Cyrodiil. So we can disregard it for now. We can still discuss the Brandy and Flin, however.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Something that we've overlooked in the province mods is that Flin is supposed to be the Dunmer name for an Imperial imported drink. A search+replace with a differently named doublette in province-only cells could fix that. Cyrodiilic Brandy can probably stay as it is.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Flin being a grain product, it should be Colovian - likely from the Chorrol area (since southern Colovia has its own wine production). I don't think the name Flin is out of place next to other native drinks such as Akul and Aliyew - it sounds Colovian enough. I've no objection to a renaming, though.

For the moment, I would put the brandy as a northeast Nibenese thing, or a product native to the Imperial City itself - explaining its exclusive and expensive nature. It would be made based on imported grapes from the West Weald.

Battlewine - I don't really see the point. We already have scores of different wines - in fact, I've proposed numerous times to replace the TR wines with PC ones, which have higher quality meshes and (imho) better, more realistic names. Also, some of our alcoholic drinks, like Akul, have a similar background:
Akul is a strong Colovian ale, brewn from malted barley and dried mandrake root. It is a bitter, earthy liquor with mild hallucinogenic properties, popular among soldiers and the Colovian nobility. It is supposed to bolster a warlike mindset, and help communion with war-gods like Reman or Shor.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Battlewine - I don't really see the point. We already have scores of different wines - in fact, I've proposed numerous times to replace the TR wines with PC ones, which have higher quality meshes and (imho) better, more realistic names. Also, some of our alcoholic drinks, like Akul, have a similar background:
All of the regular wines in TR are getting replaced with our counterparts, but the colovian battlewine stands outside of that hierarchy and I think it was added somewhat recently (the label is more highres, too). But if if need be, our closest counterpiece would be the Wolfsblood Wine, if I'm not mistaken.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Ah, I thought it was one of the older ones. Maybe replace it with Wolfsblood, though if you think it looks appropriate I have no objections.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

I like the idea of the battlewine- we don't really have an equivalent for port or fortified wine, so it kind of slides into that niche.

Reminds me, I still need to make the rest of the Nibenese liquors.

Return to “P:C Cyrodiil Discussion”