[Book] The Herbalists Guide to the Reach [WIP]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

[Book] The Herbalists Guide to the Reach [WIP]

Post by roerich »

The Herbalists Guide to the Reach
By Juren Lecanne

The wild Reach is home to a selection of unique flora, not found in any other location on Tamriel. Many of these often sought by alchemists and herbalists alike for their distinct features and qualities. This guide intents to inform about the whereabouts, alchemical and herbalist uses, as well as the cultural and alchemical history of some of these plants.

Aspyr Tea
Aspyr Tea is a plant commonly found in most regions of the Reach, including the Druadach Highlands and the Sundered Hills. All attempts of growing it elsewhere has proved futile, and a reason for this hasn't been discovered yet. The plant is recognized by its pale, beige leaves, and it rarely grows taller than to the knee of a grown man. [more here]

The dried leaves are a valuable alchemic ingredient, and are reportedly sold as far away as the markets of Senchal and Lilmoth. Trading in Aspyr leaves was banned by the Imperial Guild of Mages in the years 3E47-3E250, as it was included in the 'Prohibition of Unlawful and Dangerous Alchemy Act of 3E47' compendium, on accounts of the association with forbidden Reach-magic.

The tea leaves are heavily associated with Reachman culture. The witch-men brews a strong hallucinogenic tea of the dried leaves, which renders the user blinded but reportedly having powerful visions of Mythic proportions and exo-Nirnic vistas. The tea is drinked recreationally in a watered down version called 'Gyrrg'. In the more potent form it is used as a part of ancient rituals, as the Reachmen believe that they can consort with their heathen gods by entering a savage state of psychotic, shamanistic revelry by drinking the dangerous substance. The dried leaves are usually found in Reachmen dwellings, and the superstitious folk believe that the leaves guard the hut from evil spirits. They are to be used with caution by alchemists unfamiliar with the effects of Reach-magic, and in combination with certain unnamed herbs, they are able to produce a potent poison.

Dragynia

Forsythia Tromja

Vicar Herb
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Very WIP. Feel free to correct my grammar and anything else. :-D Also, if you have some suggestions for the other plants, please let me know.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Return to “SHotN Literature”