[Req] A Bounty Poster

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

[Req] A Bounty Poster

Post by Lord Berandas »

Moved from the old ShotN forums.
Roerich wrote: For the tavern "The Curved Sword" (Int_Karthwasten_70) I need four texts. One of them is finished, but could use some input.

A bounty poster for some bandit leader/murderer/horse-thief - Activating this should give a journal entry about the quest.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

This bounty notice is duly authorised by me, the undersigned Hadnar White-Wind, Guard-Captain of the city of Karthwasten; Keeper-of-the-Peace of Karthwasten, located in Karthwasten County, the Nordic-Reach; in service-through-Thane to Jarla Jona the Ansei-Slayer, of Nordic-Dragonstar; and with the blessing and authority of King Bairda, son of Vyrnod, King of the Reach.

Be it decreed by forementioned authority under his Most Imperial Majesty Uriel Septim VII, and be the people of this realm notified:

that the outlaw [name], late of Karthwasten, Karthwasten County, is wanted under suspicion of crimes against the Hold and the people of that realm;

that the outlaw [name], is wanted under suspicion of Theft, Horse-Theft, Assault, three counts of Murder, Vagrancy, and hosting multiple Prohibited games of Nine-Holes;

and that the outlaw [name] has had a lawful bounty of [xxx] septims placed upon him, thereby offered to any Man or Mer who brings him alive or dead to undersigned Hadnar White-Wind at the Karthwasten Guard Barracks.

This notice signed into effect 4th Morning Star 3E427
Hadnar White-Wind
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I like it. Highly useful as well, there should be a few of these in Karthwasten taverns as well as the barracks..

I'm unsure of whether we settled on 'Barda' or 'Bairda', but that's a small edit. :-D I think "Keeper-of-the-Peace of Karthwasten" should be stricken, though. It becomes a bit repetetive, even if an example of pompous Imperial-influenced bureaucracy. Perhaps the following line as well, so it becomes;
This bounty notice is duly authorised by me, the undersigned Hadnar White-Wind, Guard-Captain of the city of Karthwasten; in service-through-Thane to Jarla Jona the Ansei-Slayer, of Nordic-Dragonstar; and with the blessing and authority of King Bairda, son of Vyrnod, King of the Reach.
Might be a personal preference, but I think it rolls better.

Great job, Lux.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Return to “SHotN Literature”