[Necromancer/Evil Wizard Book] The Six Truths of Shadow [Merged]

Violet
Lead Dev

[Necromancer/Evil Wizard Book] The Six Truths of Shadow [Merged]

Post by Violet »

The Six Truths of Shadow

by Pergan Asuul

Listen well, for the light has eyes everywhere you look. The eyes of misfortune is the light that guides the blind peasants and fools to their miserable bright deaths. If you wish to be like a candle, swaying in the breeze, radiating your will on those who haven't asked for your dominance, judging those who seek comfort in the natural state, bathing in the lustrious veil of darkness. Put down this book, for you are a simple puppet of they who weep fake tears in the bright, oppressive sun. However, if you seek to understand your self, and the refractions and reflections of therein, then perhaps you may not be so blind anymore.

There are but six truths of Shadow.

The truth of Sight.

The eyes are but limiters to your full vision. They rely on the eternal oppressor of sun, forsake their knowledge and see not with these faulty tools, but with corners of your mind least observed. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of Warmth.

Heat, warmth, fire; these are all meaningless. You no more need to rely on these than you do the disappointment of Jode and Jone as they rest after a night of splendor and beauty. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of Life.

Life is a shackle upon which knowledge is strangled out with not so much as a whimper by the common man and clergy of dead gods and bored villains. This is something the blasted Mannimarco couldn't see, as he fell for the lie of sight at birth. Under the so called "King", the only way to forgo the shackles is to trick the dead god, but this is as false as the dragon Grammirlo (pronounced Gram-Mir-Lo), or the deceitful loyalist in clouds for you mundanes. There is no need to trick Arkay when you can retreat in the cool veil of shade, for the Enemy can not see you nor can he phathom your existence. Azra knew this, but he was too much of a coward to maintain the eternal solitude. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of the Serpent.

They claim the Serpent has no month, charge, or creed. While the Imperial scholars and Altmeri Star-gazers are correct in that the Serpent is not charged with a single month, they are incorrect in saying that it is a void. The Serpent is The True Shadow, the Shadow of the Shadow sign. This shade of a thousand mirrors dances through the sky unrestrained by the chains that bind the lesser signs to the etherial glow of the rigidity of Magnus. For this reason, The Serpent is the true sign of Shadow Magic, Azra himself was born under this sign and studied its ways to learn the truth. The Shadow is not the sign of shadow, but the shadow of the Serpent. The Bird - the emissary of the True Light - wishes to cage the Serpent, to bind it into slavery, as does the living wish to do to those who know these truths. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of the Veil.

The veil is the ideal robe. The void of the in between, which is the frame at which the Plain of Shadows is arranged into. It is this frame that you must first see, upon this first sight, your second sight will begin to emerge through the gates of Shadow. Upon walking through that frame, which is arranged into the gates, you may speak to your shadow selves and absorb him or her. When they are consumed, so you shall be made whole. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of Shadow and Light.

"A light strikes a rock, and the shadow is a record of their clash, past, present and future", my teacher, Azra, would always say this to us in her lectures. However, the shadow is not the only the record, but the natural order. This darkness that came before the light, and exists beyond it, is the shadow, the eternal shadow. Some gods, such as Nocturnal, Namira, and Shagrath, understand this beauty, while others, like Magnus, Riana, Ephen, and Meridia, despise this natural stasis. The empty bliss of despair is this stasis, the nature of the True Shadow, whereas the spark of the Light unseen to most is the True Light; whose agents, like the Bird, screech and pillage and muck up this eternal bliss. This truth I pass on to you.

When those of you who read this gain the understanding therein, you may do some truly wonderous things with your shadow - and the shadows of your shadow. Azra may have been the first to gain this knowledge, but not even I have fully refined it even after the centuries. Your growing understanding, and your actions as a result, will likely strengthen not only yourselves, but the Eternal Shadow as well. Just as the destruction and persecution of us strengthens the oppressive regime of the Eternal Light. Use your shadows to mend your wounds, sneak out of Arkay's grip, and grow your own grip around the throats of The Enemy. Command your shades and bind your runes to the Serpent's path. And may my shades guide thee to the Eternal Shadow.

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

[Here are some tweaks and changes, offered for your consideration]

The Six Truths of Shadow

by Pergan Asuul

Listen well, for the light has eyes everywhere you look. The light is a beacon of misfortune that guides the blind peasants and fools to their miserable deaths. If your wish is to be as a sputtering candle, radiating your will on those who resist your dominance, judging those who seek comfort in the natural state, and bathing in the lustrous veil of darkness, then put down this book. You are a simple puppet of those who weep fake tears in the bright, oppressive sun. If, however, you seek to understand yourself, and the refractions and reflections therein, then perhaps you are one who may cast off the fetters of blindness for good.

There are but six truths of Shadow.

The truth of Sight.

The eyes are themselves blinders to your full vision. Nourished as they are by the fruit of the eternal oppressive sun, you must forsake their knowledge and see not with these faulty tools, but instead with those corners of your mind least observed. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of Warmth.

Heat, warmth, fire; these are all meaningless. You need no more rely on these than you do the disappointment of Jode and Jone as they rest after a night of splendor and beauty. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of Life.

Life is a shackle by which knowledge is strangled with not so much as a whimper, by bored villains and the common clergy of dead gods. This is something the blasted Mannimarco could not see, as he fell for the lie of Sight at birth. Under the teachings of the so-called "King", the only way to forgo the shackle is to trick the Enemy, but this is a falsehood as false as the dragon Grammirlo (“The Deceitful Loyalist in Clouds” in the grating tongue of Men). There is no need to trick the Enemy when you can but retreat within the veil of shade, for within Shadow Arkay cannot see you, nor can he fathom your existence. Azra knew this, but his cowardice was too great to maintain eternal solitude. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of the Serpent.

They claim the Serpent has no month, charge, or creed. While the Imperial scholars and Altmeri star-gazers are correct to maintain that the Serpent is not charged with a single month, they are incorrect in saying that it is a void. The Serpent is the True Shadow, the shadow of the Shadow sign itself. This shade of a thousand mirrors dances through the sky unrestrained by the chains that bind lesser signs to the aetherial glow of rigid Magnus. For this reason, the Serpent is the true sign of Shadow Magic; Azra himself was born under this sign and studied its ways to learn the truth. The Shadow is not the sign of shadow, but the shadow of the Serpent. The Bird - the emissary of the True Light - wishes to cage the Serpent and bind it into slavery, as do the living to those who hold these truths. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of the Veil.

The veil is the ideal robe: the void of the in-between, which is the frame upon which the Plain of Shadows is arranged. It is this frame that you must first see, as upon this first sight, your second sight will creep through the gates of Shadow. Upon walking through that frame, which is itself the gates, you will at least encounter your shadow selves. When they are consumed, so you shall be made whole. This truth I pass on to you.

The truth of Shadow and Light.

"A light strikes a rock, and the shadow records their clash, past, present and future," my teacher, Azra, was fond of saying. However, the Shadow is not only the record, but the natural order. This darkness that came before the light, and exists beyond it, is the shadow, the eternal Shadow. Some gods - Nocturnal, Namira, and Shagrath - understand this beauty, while others - Magnus, Riana, Ephen, and Meridia - despise this natural stasis, the empty bliss of despair and the nature of the True Shadow. The spark of the Light unseen to most is the True Light, whose agents, like the Bird, screech and pillage and sully this eternal bliss. This truth I pass on to you.

When you, reader, gain the understanding herein, you may do some truly wondrous things with your shadow - and the shadows of your shadow. Azra may have been the first to gain this knowledge, but not even I have fully refined it even after the centuries. Just as our persecution and destruction strengthens the oppressive regime of the Eternal Light, your growing understanding - and your actions that result - will strengthen not only yourself but the Eternal Shadow as well. Use your shadows to mend your wounds, slither out of Arkay's grasp, and in turn fasten your own grip around the throats of the Enemy. Command your shades and bind your runes to the Serpent's path. And may my shades guide thee to the Eternal Shadow.

Return to “SHotN Literature”