[Note] Imperial Travel Warning: The Reach [added]

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

[Note] Imperial Travel Warning: The Reach [added]

Post by Lord Berandas »

Moved from the old ShotN forums.
French Ninja wrote: Imperial Travel Warning: The Reach
Location: Pinned on notice boards, signposts, outside city gates, Imperial controlled areas ect

Promulgated under the Authority of the Ministry of Commerce of the Third Empire of Men and under the auspices of our noniced blessed Emperor, Uriel VII, patron of Cyrod and the lands beyond the jungled shores of the Niben, the travel warning to the western nordic Reach has been continued for the 31st time since the War of the Bend'r Makh began. While the conflict can no longer be labeled as high-intensity since the sedecially cursed traitor Jagar Tharn has been put to voracious justice, skirmishes continue between the Holds of Solitude and Markarth and the citystates of Elinhir and Jehenna. All merchants traveling between the provinces of Skyrim and High Rock or Hammerfell are highly advised to hire martial protection in the form of the Fighters Guild or any other Imperial-sanctioned mercenary guilds. Organizations not officially registered with the Empire are not recommended, due to reports of bandits, deserters, and Forsworn insurrectionists posing as mercenary guilds and robbing their employer once out of the reach of local authorities.

This travel advisory is in effect until further notice.

Rislav Orens
Provincial Governor of the Reach
19 of Sun's Dawn 3E427

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Another text mentioning the forsworn.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Just change 'forsworn' to 'Reachmen' and this text is fine.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Agreed.

Btw, where should Rislav Orens be located? Markarth?
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Shouldn't he reside in one of the imperial fortresses?

Where is that weird surname from, btw? The name sounds nordic, but the surname doesn't.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

He could be in the fort near Falkirstad, but I think he'd be better off close to places of power and governance. He's an Imperial administration official, not a legion official after all. I can give him a mansion in Markarths Imperial quarter, if you want. I think the name sounds very Colovian.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

I think the name is pretty colovian, see Rislav the Righteous.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I think there must be a more specific name for "provincial governor". He will either be a part of imperial nobility, like Vedam Dren on Vvardenfell, or part of the imperial administration. I'm not sure, if imperial nobility would have a great presence in Skyrim, where there is native kingdoms and counties. But imperial administration will most certainly have a presence.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

The Administration: taxation of production, transport and possessions (different taxes than the nobility), record-keeping, managment of state possessions and industries. The administration acts as civil governance in places where traditional nobility is weak or nonfunctional. They are represented by governors, prefects, and agents in the field.
I think provincial governor or praetor would be the most appropriate titles. We should ask Infragris to chime in on this, perhaps.
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I'd say make him a local Imperial magistrate for The Reach. Provincial governor makes it sound like he's in charge of a whole province.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

That makes more sense. We have a document with Imperial administration titles somewhere on the old forum, but I think we should follow P:C and TR's Imperial hierarchy structute.
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

I was going to step in saying we have an example of Richton being a Provincial Governor of Stros M'Kai only, but then it dawned on me he was a Provisional Governor in fact. :P Oh well.

I agree "Orens" makes weird surname. It rings a Dunmer bell to me.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

But this example from old empire on 2nd era, not Septim empire.

urm
PT Modder

Post by urm »

Kind of a necro, I guess.
While the conflict can no longer be labeled as high-intensity since
Is it me or is this wronglish?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

This text has several issues, but thanks for the reminder
- Taniquetil

Return to “SHotN Literature”