Lex Imperia [WIP]

Post by Infragris »

1. The Empire is Law, the Law is Sacred
2. The Law is Empire, to be promulgated under the rule of the Emperors Cyrodiil
3. The rule of the Emperors Cyrodiil is Sacred, and legitimate under Law

LEX IMPERIA MARUKHAVARA I: CITIZENS
I.I The Citizen
1. The Citizen is they, born under the benevolent rule of the Emperors Cyrodiil
2. Let Law, Duty and the Exercise of Rights flow freely from the status of Citizen
3. Let Law, Duty and the Exercise of Rights be in accordance to the Citizen's Caste, Race, Class or Inherent Nobility in adherence to the Provincial Codices
4. That all born under the rule of the Emperors Cyrodiil, being all of the Lands and Provinces of Tamriel, and its Protectorates, be considered Citizens the year which shall succeed the period of their majority
5. That all children born of they born under the rule of the Emperors of Cyrodiil, be they children born in the Lands and Provinces of Tamriel, or be they born elsewhere, be considered Citizens from the year which shall succeed the period of their majority; when in accordance to underlying statutes
6. That a Stranger of Strange Lands shall enjoy the same Civil Rights accorded to true Citizens of the Empire in this Stranger's land of origin, by treaty, or by the grace of the Emperors Cyrodiil, or by their Ennobled Representatives
7. That an Outsider of the Principalities shall not enjoy Civil Rights as others, but be judged and treated as according the Codices befitting the denizens of Oblivion

I.II Indigence of Citizenship
1. The Quality of Citizenship may be lost by: naturalization in Strange Lands; acclimatization in Principalities; assumption of public function in either Strange Lands or Principalities; adoption in sodalities which shall require distinctions of birth; enrollment or association in military service of foreign powers, any settlements made in extramundial territories without intention of return
2. The Quality of Citizenship may not be lost by commercial or mercantile establishment, this being in accordance to the natural proclivities of Man
3. A Citizen deprived of their Quality may, at any time, recover it by Sanction and Judgment of Emperor or their Ennobled Representatives

I.III Acts and Declaration before the Imperial Authorities
1. The records of Imperial power shall declare year and day at which they shall be received; the declared name, surname, age, and class of those who shall be therein mentioned
2. The Executor of Imperial power shall insert nothing in the act other than what is declared by the parties relevant
3. Warrants and papers of note shall be marked by glyph, in such a way as to be legible and traceable by Elder Scroll, and deposited in duplicate for the safekeeping of the Resplendent Archives
4. Any act done in a civil court of a Stranger Place by a Citizen of Empire shall be deemed valid, if reduced to writing compatible with Elder Scroll
5. Every act done in civil court of a Stranger Place by Citizen of Empire shall be deemed valid, if acknowledged conformable to Law by diplomatic agents or commissioners of Empire for commercial relations
6. That offense to preceding articles committed by Executors of Imperial power be prosecuted by Blood or Quill, and punished with a fine not exceeding 200 Septims or their lawful equivalent, or death

I.III.i Nascency
1. Declarations of birth be made, within five days of delivery, to the Imperial Executor of the place of birth
2. Be mentioned the day and place of birth, the sex of infant, the name which shall be given, birthsign, and parents and/or witnesses those names and professions, and domicile
3. That of newborn orphans the finder shall carry these to an Executor of Imperial power, or a a Follower true of Maratic Law, or Lesser Saint of Proven Infantine Complexion, and declare these the circumstances of time, and place, and also of the child apparent age and sex, and name.
4. If this the child be born at sea, that the act of birth be drawn up in nine hours, in the presence of a parent, if at hand, and of two witnesses chosen from the vessel's officers, or for want from the ship's crew.
5. If this the child be born on starlit sojourn, that the act of birth be drawn up in nine hours, presence of linear time permitting, in the presence of a parent, if at hand, and of two witnesses chosen from the vessel's officers, or for want from the ship's crew.
6. That the act of taking knowledge be inscribed in the registers, at its date.

[...]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Magnificent. A great way to expand upon and enrichen already existing gameplay. Feels dry, pompeous, and bureauchratic but with underlying hints of Weird Cyrodiil. This would also make a fine addition to locations of Imperial governance in Skyrim, and of course any Census & Excise offices.

I get that the Principalities are the realms of Oblivion, but what are the Strange Lands supposed to be? Landmasses/nations outside of Tamriel/The Empire?

Are you planning on expanding this to cover a wider range of legal subjects?
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

The Strange Lands are indeed all mundial countries that are not part of the Empire, places like Akavir, Pyaondea, etc. I'm hoping to make a couple of codexes like this, to pad out the use of Legal Basics in interiors.

Return to “P:C Literature”