Vorndgad Forest Dialogue Update

View and discuss completed claims
Yeti
Lead Dev

Vorndgad Forest Dialogue Update

Post by Yeti »

Claiming and submitting to review. I've updated dialogue for the wilderness locations around the Vorndgad Forest. I've cut down on the number of npcs with unique personalities, to better match vanilla Morrowind, and edited my old writing for content and style. Comments are welcome.

Link

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Looking terrific as always.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

roerich wrote:Looking terrific as always.
Thanks!

I especially liked being able to revisit the Orc camp. I'm not sure who originally came up with the idea to make them die-hard Trinimac worshipers (Dirnae maybe?), but it was a fun concept to write for. It gives them more personality and depth than typical Orcs, and it takes advantage of The Reach being so close to Orsinium.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Agreed! I also like dialogue and lore that connects our confined worldspace with the rest of Tamriel, and the current events unfolding there. Makes everything seem more alive, and is always an immersion-booster for me personally.

I never got to work with Dirnae, but it seems like some of SHOTN's most creative and unique concepts came from him.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Seconded, great job on this. I especially like how you altered Kenovi's quest, making her a captive, albeit not really a hostage. Now this quest makes more sense, before Drytko's motivation seemed a little streched, to be honest.

There's one thing I just remembered, still in need of implementing in regards to VF dialogue - unique greetings (only for spoken to PC = 0?) for Sky_xRe-20_VF_rman/rman2/rman3 and Sky_xRe-20_VF_nord/nord2/nord3, ie. the combatants in a little skirmish between natives and the Bears in -102, 8. I actually forgot about these guys, despite being the man who brought them to life*. :? I just tested the event again, and all triggers just fine, so it can probably be kept as a cool little touch. Still, they need some unique lines to comment the fact they've just been in a battle. It's possible either for Nords or Reachmen to win this encounter, so probably 6 new greetings would be due.

* on roerich's request though, so don't blame me for more work :P

Edit: Also, I had this idea for "Misguided kin" quest, maybe that reasoning could be prevailed in chief's proposal?
Ways of Pig Children - inspired by the words of Uramok chieftain, kill Malacath followers in Malagrok cave. Despite their hatred, the chief doesn't want his tribe to get this done themselves, because giving up to a rage is not what a civilzed citizen of Empire would do. However, hypothetically speaking, if somebody killed these outlaws, the tribe would be quite grateful.
Still, "not giving up to a rage" does sound horribly Warcraft-ish, if I'm to be honest. It may also be too much like vanilla Varro's quest that way.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

berry wrote:
There's one thing I just remembered, still in need of implementing in regards to VF dialogue - unique greetings (only for spoken to PC = 0?) for Sky_xRe-20_VF_rman/rman2/rman3 and Sky_xRe-20_VF_nord/nord2/nord3, ie. the combatants in a little skirmish between natives and the Bears in -102, 8. I actually forgot about these guys, despite being the man who brought them to life*. :? I just tested the event again, and all triggers just fine, so it can probably be kept as a cool little touch. Still, they need some unique lines to comment the fact they've just been in a battle. It's possible either for Nords or Reachmen to win this encounter, so probably 6 new greetings would be due.
About those guys: I think they were too well armored in general, as this is just supposed to be a skirmish/raid by a group of territorial Nord brigands, not trained soldiers. If we could tone down the armor and make the Reachmen mostly unarmored, while still keeping the battle balanced, it would be very favorable to me. Also there's too much Orc stuff here as well. :P I can try to take care of it before I hand over the file, otherwise we can add it to your list if that's okay.
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Sure, feel free to adjust the place how you feel due. Tons of free loot to obtain from this encounter is what worries me too.

The simplest way to keep this balanced, in spite of removing some items from combatants, would be to adjust their skills/attributes, or giving them some abilities, like Sanctuary or Blind. Should be easy to arrange, I think.

Return to “Completed”