Karthwasten: A Lost Sister

View and discuss completed claims
Yeti
Lead Dev

Karthwasten: A Lost Sister

Post by Yeti »

latest rumors wrote:A missionary from the Imperial Cult chapel went missing months ago. She hiked out into the Druadach Highlands to proselytize the Natives and never returned. Her fate weighs heavily on Dada-Dar, the chapel priest.
Dada-Dar wrote:Our lost sister

Many, many moons ago, the kind Carincia Pontus set out to preach among the native tribes. A hopeless undertaking if there ever was one! Dada-Dar now fears she will never return from the clutches of those devils. You are a traveler, are you not? Would you search for her?

No

Very well. In these dark times, few laypersons would take on such a noble burden.

Yes

The spirits of the Nine will bless you, friend! The last we heard, Carincia Pontus was on her way to the village of Haimtír, high in the Druadach Highlands. Perhaps, that is where you could start your search? But do not be too quick to trust the natives. Guard yourself against their witchcraft.
Dada-Dar, priest of the Imperial Cult in Karthwasten, will plead with the player to search the Druadach Highlands for a missing missionary, Carincia Pontus, who disappeared while preaching to the native Reachmen. He will suggest the player start searching in the village of Haimtír.

Talking around the village, the player will find out that the woman came to them "talking about strange gods" and was last seen heading towards the nearby Braign Camp.

Visiting the camp, the player will learn (perhaps after raising someone's disposition) that the tribe chased the "foolish woman" away, pelting her with stones and shouting insults. Vaguely, they'll say she fled back into the mesa, heading to the southwest. "Go. Look for her in the caves. Maybe you find her bones. Haha."

Searching in that direction, the player will find the Black Teeth Caverns (in -111,5), where Carincia Pontus has been taken captive by goblins. Clearly traumatized by all that has happened to her, she'll refuse to leave the cave on foot and will ask the player to bring her a scroll of divine intervention, saying she lost hers while running from the Braign tribe. Once, she has a scroll, she'll teleport back to the chapel.

Returning to the chapel, Dada-Dar will shower the player with praise and reward him or her with five scrolls of Divine Intervention, to help the player survive the wild lands of the Reach. When spoken to again, Carincia Pontus will thank the player and admit that she's given up on the poor savages of the Reach.

The quest should also be structured so that the player can save Carincia Pontus if he or she stumbled upon the cave, without needing to talk to Dada-Dar.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

I'll claim this one please
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I was hoping this would be picked up soon. Granted.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Written this quest up and will implement soon pending any comments.
For now Haimtir doesn't have generic npc dialog but the NPCs are in place, so I should still be able to implement the quest pretty easily without having to whip up the whole town.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zjn ... sp=sharing
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Greet job on this, Luxray. I only have a couple changes I'd suggest making.

-- Make sure Haimtír consistently has the accent above its second "i" since that's how the cell is named in Sky_Main.
-- Jhorcian's dialogue might need to be tweaked a little to fit with how I've written him. Here's how he talks in my draft for Haimtír's dialogue:
"Yes? Want to trade? My kin bring me good wares to sell. You try Gyrrg? Strong Reach brew. Make you relax after hard work."
so his dialogue could be changed to something like this, similar to your excellent Braignan dialogue:
"Carincia Pontus was her name, yes? Came here a while back. Talked about her Imperial gods. Wanted us Pachkanan to worship them too. But she found no luck here. She talked of visiting the Braign Camp, I think, south-east of here. Braignan don't like outsiders. Who knows how she got on."

"Yes, I saw the woman you talk of. But you are rude to charge in, expecting me to tell all. Maybe I like you better, I tell more?"
I plan to update Sky_Main with Haimtír's dialogue, but I don't think that will cause any problems. You're only adding a new topic for NPCS in the village, so I don't see how anything could be overwritten.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Sounds like a better way for Jhorcian to talk. I'll definitely use your input for him. Same for the accented I. I was just being lazy :)

Yeah, this quest shouldn't conflict with too much in Sky_Main and should require pretty few merging edits.

I'll work on the .esp implementation once the xmas relatives have gone in 3-4 days.
Thanks!

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

OK, it should be ready for a good testin'
I've played through it and it seems to work alright, please point out any errors you find.

The only conflict I found playing it alongside Sky main was that Carincia got doubled in the Black Teeth Caverns. So that might need fixing when merging.
Clean Sky_qRE_KW02_LostSister.ESP
(37.61 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

This has been merged into Sky_Main. Please move to Completed.

Return to “Completed”