Karthgad Quest "A Forlorn Barrow" sky_qre_kg04_Forlorn [Luxray]

Post progress on your claimed work
Luxray
Cat Herder

Karthgad Quest "A Forlorn Barrow" sky_qre_kg04_Forlorn [Luxray]

Post by Luxray » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:57 pm

You know the cliffside where the Bear Clan’s ancestral barrow is? To the west, on Karthgad's outskirts? Few know there's actually a second barrow there too, up on the mountaintop. I don't think anyone's been there in years.
Villagers in Karthgad speak of an old barrow that sits atop a nearby mountain. Inquiring further, (add a topic for "been there in years" the villagers will say the place has an ominous reputation, and that someone ought to check it out.

Investigating Bathmvall Barrow, the player will find and kill too vampires. Returning to the village, the villagers will thank the player for the deed and direct him or her to the Thane, who will reward the player. If they player talks to the Bear Clan about the vampires, they'll only scuff and tell him or her to buzz off.
What’s that? You found vampires in Bathmvall? That old barrow up in mountains near the village? How awful! You have our thanks for slaying those foul creatures. You should go the thane for a reward.
Note: Delete the current little secret duplicating the above response.

After discussion on Discord vampires to be Khulari "A Redguard vampire clan specific to the Reach in SHOTN". Intelligent vampires who probably talk to you and offer vampirism in exchange for something if you wish. Maybe they could talk about what its like to be a Vampire in the West.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:57 pm

claimed as per Discord

Texafornian: "These vamps are unusual in that they'll be neutral if the PC is a Khulari vampire or a non-vampire (but will quickly aggro if you turn down a deal). Maybe you could work in an angle where they offer to confer vampirism on the PC for a price? I haven't added the infection script yet btw"
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Violet
PT Modder

Post by Violet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:43 am

Some things that I'd like to see (specifically within the dialogue):

The head vamp of the clan is the Ancient Vampire, Elonasia Khulari. She has strong ties to Mannimarco, but is not herself a member of the The Necromancers (but is on very good terms with them). I would suggest a line or two about her, but that might be best left for when the clan is made in full (I'll leave it up to the claimant). The clan's base is in Sundered Hills, and I'd suggest the reason for these ones being in Vorndgad instead of Sundered Hills or western Mhorlan March is because they're trying to expand the Khulari territory (whether that's with or without Elonasia's permission is up to the claimant).

Return to “Claimed”