Vorndgad Forest Quest: Divided Loyalties (Sky_qRe-VF01)[Texafornian]

View and discuss completed claims
Yeti
Lead Dev

Vorndgad Forest Quest: Divided Loyalties (Sky_qRe-VF01)[Texafornian]

Post by Yeti »

Tondollari had claimed this. Not sure if he'd still want it. I ask him, since he's been active at TR lately.

Divided Loyalties

Kenovi is a Reachmen huntress visiting Jorhod’s Lodge; a Bear Clan affiliated hunting settlement in the midst of the Vorndgad Forest. Despite the Bear Clan’s racist attitudes, she is good friends with the lodge’s patriarch Horgard. After a little hesitation, she will confide in the player, explaining how her friendship with the good-natured Nord has divided her loyalties.

Two Reachmen marauders are lurking on the outskirts of the lodge, looking to retaliate against the Bear Clan for past crimes against their people. Drydo and Kovko are Kenovi’s uncle and brothers respectively. She knows that they are going to attack the lodge, and she doesn’t know who to side with: Horgard or her uncle and brother.

Kenovi asks the player to carry a message to her family members. They will refuse to spare the Nords, saying they want to sever Kenovi’s ties with the outsiders. Here the player has two choices.

Path #1: Convince Kenovi to side with her family. The player joins the Reachmen marauders when they attack (Kenovi refuses to take part). They attack the lodge, killing Horgard and the other Nords present. The Reachmen will occupy settlement, hold the remaining Nord, Lorlne, captive and Kenovi will mourn Horgard’s death, shed no tears for others, and try to think about moving on.

Path #2: Convince Kenovi to warn Horgard. After talking to him the Reachmen will attack and the player can assist the Nords in defending the lodge. In the aftermath, Kenovi will be saddened by the deaths of her uncle and brothers, but will admit they brought it upon themselves. Horgard will appreciate Kenovi for siding with him over her “honor-less kin” and pledges that she will always be welcome there. Even Ordolf, Horgard’s racist brother, will be less antagonistic towards her.

Path #3: Killing the two brothers on spot before doing any of this will result in Kenovi refusing to speak to player.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

The above description is a little outdated. In the current file, Kenovi was found trespassing on the Bear Clan's hunting grounds and was taken captive. The other two Reachmen mentioned in the claim want to rescue her, but she doesn't want any blood spilled. Horgard is now Jurgar Bear-Biter and the location of the quest is called Blood Paw Lodge. Also, Ordolf isn't a unique character anymore, just a generic Bear Clan hunter. Same goes for Lorlne, who is now a NPC named Lorja. Otherwise, the structure of the quest can remain the same. Dialogue should hint at Kenovi's growing affection for Jurgar, and make her choice difficult.

urm
PT Modder

Post by urm »

Characters:
1. Jurgar Bear-Biter -patriach or the Bear Clan's Blood Paw Lodge
2. Kenovi - reachmen huntress
3. Drydo - Kenovi’s uncle
4. Kovko - Kenovi's brother
5. Lorja - a member of Blood Paw Lodge
Storyline:
1. Kenovi was found trespassing on the Bear Clan's hunting grounds and was taken captive.
2. Drydo and Kovko are lurking on the outskirts of the lodge, looking to rescue her
3. Despite her being a prisoner and racism of other lodge settlers, Jurgar treats Kenovi well, and she is slowly growing fond of him. Thus she doesn't want any blood spilled.
4. She knows that reachmen are going to attack the lodge, and she doesn’t know who to side with: Jurgar or her uncle and brother.
5. Kenovi asks the player to carry a message to her family members to prevent the attack. Drydo and Kovko will refuse to spare the Nords.
6. Player can convince Kenovi to choose either of the sides of the conflict. No matter the result of this dialogue the Player has following choices:
6.1 Join the reachmen in the attack on the lodge. All the Nords are killed, Lorja is being held captive, reachmen occupy the settlement.
6.2 Warn Jurgar about the coming attack. Reachmen will attack the lodge, but Nords will be prepared and easily defeat them.
6.3 Kill the two reachmen yourself without talking to Jurgar.
7. If the Player did not drive Kenovi to any decision, she is saddened by the deaths and will refuse to speak with the Player. if the Player chose the side opposite to the one they convinced her to side with, she will commit suicide, the Player can find her body (maybe a note too?)

reorganized this a bit
what do you think about 7?

urm
PT Modder

Post by urm »

Also which tribe are Kenovi, Drydo and Kovko from? Am I right to assume that some of their kin will join them after the lodge is taken over in #1?

urm
PT Modder

Post by urm »

I guess I will end up claiming this one.
this is my current work on the quest states (not finished yet):

10: I met a reachman huntress Kenovi, captured by the Bear Clan at the Blood Paw lodge. Her family will surely try to rescue her, but Kenovi wants to prevent the violence and asked me to carry a message to them.
20: I talked to Drydo, Kenovi's uncle. He refused to listen to Kenovi's and mine arguments alike and will attack the lodge. I should come back to Kenovi with these news.
31: I persuaded Kenovi that supporting her kin is the only way, but she refused to take part in the fight.
32: I supported Kenovi in her affection for Jurgar, but she will not fight against her kin.
101: I agreed to join Drydo and Kovko in their attack on the lodge.
102: I warned Jurgar of the coming attack and will take part in the fight on his side.
103: Not finding two reachmen much of a threat, I killed both Drydo and Kokva before they had a chance to attack Blood Paw lodge.
111: I agreed to join Drydo and Kovko in their attack on the lodge.
112: Despite my agreement with Kenovi, I warned Jurgar about the coming attack and will help him with the lodge's defence.
113: Instead of helping Drydo and Kokva, as promised to Kenovi, I killed them both before they even reached the lodge.
121: I have assured Kenovi that I will help defend the lodge against Drydo and Kokva, yet ended up joining them in the attack.
122: I warned Jurgar of the coming attack and will take part in the fight on his side.
123: Not finding two reachmen much of a threat, I killed both Drydo and Kokva before they had a chance to attack Blood Paw lodge.
205: I have killed Kenovi, nobody will have to spill blood for her now.

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

1st version (WIP). I've been adding stuff to it piece-by-piece... Haven't been able to really playtest it yet.
Attachments
Sky_qRe_VF2_1009_2137.ESP
Requires latest Sky_Main
(54.9 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

- Bug fixes.
- Added a couple of Reachmen NPCs that appear if the player follows a certain path.
Attachments
Sky_qRe_VF2_1023_1205.ESP
Requires latest Sky_Main
(58.63 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Merges into sky main, afaik, and should be moved to completed

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Moved to completed.