Dragonstar: Order of the Dragon Tooth (Sky_iRe_Ds24)

View and discuss completed claims
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Dragonstar: Order of the Dragon Tooth (Sky_iRe_Ds24)

Post by roerich »

Home to the Redguard "Order of the Dragon Tooth", a warrior-order who relocated to Dragonstar during the War of Bend'r Mahk. They've stayed around since, in order to protect the citizens and the benevolent Crown rulers. Should house guild hall, sleeping quarters, training facilies and possibly a small shrine to Ruptga or another Yokudan deity.

The building was previously known as Geldwyr Manor (known from Shadowkey), but the former owners fled or were killed during the war.

Location number 24 on this map:

The exterior can be found here (use the latest file)
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

I'd like to claim this. I did a test shell and then got completely absorbed, but hey - it's all practice. No hard feelings if you'd rather give it to someone else.

For what I have made, I tried to build the manor first and then show how the Order had occupied it subsequently. I thought about trying to show them excavating the cellar even further (to place a shrine or somesuch) but that didn't really work. I got to the cellar last and still contemplating its layout, as well.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds24.ESP
(16.86 KiB) Downloaded 155 times

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

The layout looks fine to me. I would place some weapon racks on the walls to give the interior a martial feeling. Maybe a sparring area too, with a practice dummy.

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Alright, first pass. Lack of Redguard clutter is a difficulty, especially with the shrine. I improvised it, and assumed the Order did too from stuff left lying around the house (it's to Onsi - hence the daggers).
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds24.ESP
(23.57 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

In the future, we'll have some Redguard tapestries to work with. They can be swapped in once Tamriel_Data is updated.

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

I made some alterations (including realigning some tiles). I'm pretty happy with it now.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds24.ESP
(23.94 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Does that mean this is ready for review?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Alright lemme have a look at this.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Sky_iRe_Ds24 review:

Clean: yes
No-sleep: yes
Northmarker: yes

- light settings way too light, darkened them
- T_Rea_Set_I_Wallmount_01, T_Rea_Set_I_Planks_01 shouldn't be used with Rga. Changed to trim
- Moved and removed some clutter to accommodate the changes
- changed in_nord_ladder_02 for Rga stairs
- moved T_Rga_SetReach_I_TileRailing_01 to allow for better passage
- replaced Light_Com_Candle_15 with orange-flamed one'
- removed T_Note_ReachTravelWarningSHOTN as it's overused (not your fault)
- locked T_SkyNor_Furn_Ch1G050
- replaced T_Imp_Furn_Tapestry_10 with T_Imp_Furn_TapestryBast_09
- replaced T_Imp_Furn_Tapestry_13 with T_Imp_Furn_TapestryBast_09
- I suppose those Imp_navy tapestries will be exchanged for Rga tapestries eventually. Left them for now.
- replaced T_Imp_Furn_Rug_05 with T_Nor_Furn_RugBig_05
- replaced T_Imp_Furn_RugBigXp_02 with T_Nor_Furn_RugBig_14
- entrance floor is very uncluttered, added some benches and stuff
- locked T_SkyNor_Furn_Ch3WpnEp (x5) replaced two with other variants
- moved two chests to allow better passage
- replaced T_Com_Furn_Bed_01 with T_Com_Furn_Bed_02 (x5), as it suits the colourscheme better
- removed T_Nor_FurnM_Bookshelf_01 as it looked a bit random, plus style-mixing
- removed T_Com_Steel_Scimitar_01 (x2)
- lowered T_Rga_SetReach_I_TileTrim_02 due to bleeding into another piece
- that shrine screams Morag Tong/Dark Brotherhood. It would've been a cool assassin shrine, but seemed a bit misplaced for a Rga knightly order. I redid it completely, I hope that's OK! http://i.imgur.com/NynmqDe.jpg
- removed Ebony Scimitar, please don't place extremely expensive and unique objects like this without asking first
- T_Nor_FurnR furniture is probably fine here, as it's used in Karthwasten manors as well. That said I'd like for us to use more com_r in the majority of Ds interiors though, as these haven't been "nordified"
- minor fixes

Very nice interior, the practice/sleeping room in particular is great. I liked the detail with the dusty paintings in the ceiling, alluding to the interiors former use, sometimes these small touches is what makes you remember an int. I added a small flavor note in there (Sky_iRe_Ds24_GeldwyrManorLetter, see below). With the arrival of Tamriel_Data we should perhaps have some guidelines on which _Imp assets that are acceptable to use in Shotn. A lot of the Imp tapestries are way too bright and colourful for Shotn, and should primarily be used in Cyrodiil. In general, you should go for the ones marked 'bast' or 'wool', as those are the ones we've been using in Karthwasten and elsewhere. Same goes for rugs, you should use a Nor_furn rug in 9/10 times.
Spoiler
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
<BR>
My dearest Hasred,<BR>
<BR>
I hope this letter finds you in good health. The journey to Skavyn was troublesome, but we are all here now, in good condition too. Nordic raiders swarmed the Dragonfields, but they dared not follow us into the Dragontails. Diagna be praised. <BR>
<BR>
I overheard soldiers talking about the situation in Dragonstar, and it doesn't sound too good. Please, Hasred, leave Geldwyr Manor behind as soon as you can, and join us in Skavyn. This life is behind us. <BR>
<BR>
We are staying in the House of Yrweca, with many other refugees. Find us there.<BR>
<BR>
- Your Rona<BR>
A bit of a quick review this time, if someone wants to go through it they are welcome. To me this int looks fine now though.

Moving to finished.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds24.ESP
(29.43 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
- Taniquetil

Return to “Completed”