The Reach - Direnni Ruin B (Sky_iRe_DH08) [Luxray]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

The Reach - Direnni Ruin B (Sky_iRe_DH08) [Luxray]

Post by worsas »

A major Direnni Fortress at -109, 8.

The exterior file can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... _claim.jpg[/hsimg]

The fortified holding of a Direnni lord, close to the border of the Direnni Hegemony.
This claim should cover the Barracks and Servant quarters marked B in the screenshot.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Claim. I'd quite like to build a ruin with my afternoon
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Vingardium Grantiosa
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Having a bit of trickiness with this direnni set,

Pic 1: relative tower floor layout relative to the dome (reasonable size I would suggest)

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/wqHfvjB.png[/hsimg]

Pic 2: I'm having to double up on stairs, just to get the next floor level above where the walls and ceiling are for the previous floor.

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/NjIDuJU.png[/hsimg]

Is there some better way to make transition between levels so this doesn't end up overwhelmingly huge? Underground, it doesn't matter so much, but for these above-ground ruin parts, it is a bit tricky.
Advice please :)
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Maybe it would be best to make the dome accessible via a trapdoor here. I need to create a different doorway that allows you to get there via the regular loaddoor.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

I might just extend the floorplan sidelong by 1 tile. The issue is that the towers are 2-3 floors high plus dome on top, so stairs are necessary some place. I might just have to bite the bullet and upsize slightly. I'll make a shell up tomorrow and post the file for discussion.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Another solution could be to remove the floor on that mesh. Something that would be useful for me as well.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Finally doing this now that the dome issue is fixed (and i worked out a floor plan that actually suited the ruin and pleased me) -- file in the next few days!

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Here's the shell. I wildly underestimated how big these were in the past, file now reflects the real size of these towers.

I think it'd be best to build the 3 towers first, and then connect them at the end with berry's underground section. I'll probably claim the other 2 after this one unless someone else wants to have a crack.
sky_int_direnniruin_02B.ESP
(31.83 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Last edited by Luxray on Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

This shell is a great asset for any future direnni ruin. Should save many people a lot of effort.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Indeed! Great stuff. I might have a go at one of the other towers, but I'd use your shell for sure.

Remember to include the window panels on the side.
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Yes I spotted that and fixed it already ^_^

Edit: I updated the file to the fixed version.

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/7NzjygU.jpg[/hsimg]

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Nearly done, have an update
(39.3 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Nice to see some progress here. You should maybe add bigger lightbulbs to the ceiling lamps in the top level. And maybe add a couple of the empty direnni lanterns to the barracks quarters. The direnni soldiers will have needed some kind of lightsource in their days.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

This is looking excellent so far.
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Good ideas worsas, there needs to be more lightstands and misc objects for sure.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

That mess hall with the tables and windows really feels great. Add some more webs and it will surely look like it's been abandoned for eras.
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Here's a much improved design, stealing roerich's ideas for more interesting details. Much happier with how this is looking now.

Feel free to suggest any further needed additions, as well as ideas for sound design in these Direnni ruins, as I have noticed they are quite quiet, without an opportunity to add obvious soundmarkers.
(50.99 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
[hsimg=]https://i.imgur.com/bbaA8Jy.jpg[/hsimg]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Steal away, this is getting better and better. I suppose this has been locked off until the player picks the lock?
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

I don't know what sort of lock levels we should apply to various bits, can easily be adjusted later on I guess, or if you have ideas, shout out.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I'd like to see one or two towers being abandoned since the Direnni left and with high locks on exterior doors. The remaining one(s) should have some sort of enemy squatting in them. This int would be one of the abandoned ones. For enemies here we could either go with undead and Daedra, or we could go another route and have them completely abandoned (save for a few rats perhaps). The real challenge here would be the locks. I think having a few dungeons like this would be a memorable experience, with the eerie atmosphere these interiors can have.

Another thing - I'm not sure this int should have a Magus Console. I didn't picture these as being in every dome, but perhaps one in every fortress or something like that. IMO it would be better suited for the Mage tower here. Elfstone doesn't have one, but that's because the Nords smashed it to pieces after taking the keep. Can't have dangerous Elf magic around your throne. Worsas made these though, so perhaps he has a better picture of their use.
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

I thought I read that the idea was to have a magus console in every dome, like some kind of network. But if it needs removing, just say and it can surely be replaced with something else.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Finished, ready for you to merge with the Mirilstaren underground berry
(55.79 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Return to “Completed”