Dragonstar: Castle Interior (Sky_iRe_Ds1b) [Tristior]

View and discuss completed claims
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Dragonstar: Castle Interior (Sky_iRe_Ds1b) [Tristior]

Post by roerich »

The middle part of Castle Dragonstar, enterable from the yard through the giant gates. This interior should consist of a large fort-wall-using hall, lots of equipment storage, soldier quarters. It should also have an entrance to the palace (Sky_iRe_Ds1a) and the dungeon (Sky_iRe_Ds2)

Whoever claims this should coordinate with those building Sky_iRe_Ds1a and Sky_iRe_Ds2

Use T_Nor_FurnP and T_Nor_FurnM where appropriate.

Location number 1b on this map:

The exterior can be found here (use the latest file)
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

So like... tentative claim? You can see what I've been playing around with, although the big question is whether mixing the Rga fort and interior styles is appropriate.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds1b.ESP
(13.78 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Interesting! Grant.

I have some ideas for this. First off, mixing the interior and exterior set might be a bad idea. Instead use the fort pieces creatively and use beams and planks for the rest. Secondly I think this interior, as a base, is too big. And lastly I think that a dirt texture might be a better fit for the floor.

I've tested out some ideas in the CS, use what you can:
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds1b.ESP
roerich edit
(15.94 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Okay, here's the present form. Mostly it's just proofs of concept, but I'd love to know if I'm on the right track.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds1b (1).ESP
(27.44 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Hey frens, could I get some feedback on what how to fill this out a bit more? It all seems a bit empty at the moment. Bottom of the tower and the hall in front of the main doors, in particular.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds1b.ESP
(59.71 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

This is looking most excellent. Just what I imagined when building the exterior.

Comments and ideas:
- The armory could do with a bit more Nordic gear, i.e. wooden shields instead of steel shields, more axes, more variation in armor (ringmail, iron, fur etc.)
- T_Rga_SetReach_X_FortStairs should be moved a bit on the y-axis, currently they're bleeding
- You could add a well in the stairwell (hah!), and use some of the empty storage space for water barrels and halfbarrels. Would be quite useful if you're under siege. Also Furn_Com_Kegstand, possibly upsized.
- Downsized logs would also make sense, for repairs and firewood
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Phewph! Here we go, ready for review. I think it really does need some Dragonstar/Jarla Jona banners to finish it off, if we have any of those on the horizon.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds1b.ESP
(82.99 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

This is god damn beautiful. As a makeshifting-aficionado, I'm very impressed.
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Merged with Section File.
- Taniquetil

Return to “Completed”