Dragonstar: Bookseller + Knight (Sky_iRe_Ds6) [Tristior]

View and discuss completed claims
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Dragonstar: Bookseller + Knight (Sky_iRe_Ds6) [Tristior]

Post by roerich »

Another apartment building. The upper door (6a) belongs to a Redguard Knight, the street level door (6b) is home to a Breton Bookseller. The division into 6a & 6b is purely meant to make it easier to discuss the interiors seperately, you can upload them together as claim 6. They should be two different interior cells of course.

6a. Home of Tanin, an ageing female Redguard Knight, loyal to Skyrim. First featured in Shadowkey: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shadowkey:Tanyin_Aldwyr she has served the Reach Hold-Throne loyally for many years, and is currently receiving a hefty pension from the Nordic rule, allowing her to live out her remaining years in comfort. Her apartment also houses a Nord bodyguard by the name of Hrod, as it has long been a goal for Sorgat Dur-Gada extremists to assassinate her.

6b. The shop of a Breton bookseller hailing from Farrun or Jehenna. Moved to Dragonstar after the war, as he was offered to buy and take over the bookshop from the former owner, an Altmer who wanted to flee the chaotic situation. Very interested in obscure and esoteric subjects, like shadowmagic. Has been pestering his upstairs neighbour for years about the Umbra'Keth and stories from her involvement. Should be a cramped, antiquarian bookshop, a bit messy perhaps. Odd things like a vampire skull or a piece of Dwemer clutter might be found half-forgotten on a shelf. The book selection should be mostly common books, but there should be a selection of the more obscure ones as well, like N'gasta and perhaps a volume of Peryiton. This should be an interesting and memorable interior, as there should be a few quest hooks here.

T_Nor_FurnM & T_Imp_FurnSky

Location number 6 on this map:

The exterior can be found here (make sure to use the latest file)
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

This sound well interesting. Mind if I have a claim?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Of course! Grant.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

And here it is. Apologies if there's a bit too much "mise en scene" in the upstairs apartment.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds6.ESP
(35.18 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Amazing. Just FYI this int could easily have been larger, the shells have room for a bit more compared to other Morrowind int/ext scale examples. But tbh. I like these smaller ints, compared to some of the huge empty houses in Karthwasten (which must cost a fortune in firewood to heat up).

I'd like a bit more shelves and webs in the bookstore. Also there's a few more books I'd like to add, and some I'd change. Can I finish it or would you like to? Or should I save my revisions for the review?

Also, I hope you don't mind me being a bit intrusive in some int claims. I tend to terribly abuse my Head of Interiors status.
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Intrusive? Not at all. I'm happy to add them, but at the same time, you know what you want to see in there. So if you make the changes you want and upload it again, I can make note for next time.

And actually, today was the first time I installed OpenMW and actually visited Karthwasten. I did notice the difference in int size. Hmm.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Pretty much everything involving Karthwasten was too big at some point. :D

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Ain't that the truth.

Here is my edited/(semi)reviewed file, which I've already discussed with Tristior.

I added a few nods to Shadowkey:
- "Helmet of Tirasch" added to Tanin's home. Goblin helmet with a decent fortify blunt + night eye enchantment. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shadowkey:Tirasch
- "Asuul's Pendant" added to a locked cupboard behind a locked door in bookshop. Amulet with domination enchantment. At some point belonged to Pergan Asuul. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shadowkey:Pergan_Asuul

Furthermore I added a locked off book room/cell containing arcane, daedric and esoteric books. Among others, a copy of The Peryiton, vol. III. The bookseller can have a dialogue snippet about how the locks isn't because he's afraid of thieves, but he's afraid that these books end up in the wrong hands etc.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds6_roerich edit.ESP
(44.19 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Added to Dragonstar file.
- Taniquetil

Return to “Completed”