Creatures Set: Ayleid

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
Infragris
Project Administrator

Creatures Set: Ayleid

Post by Infragris »

These are the basic ideas for various enemy types in Ayleid ruins (in addition to the already existing Welkynd Spirits and a selection of Daedra). Their visual style should be strongly related to that of Ayleid material culture (armor, weapons, objects). These creatures need to be further developed in terms of visuals and behavior. Concept art is welcome. See this post for more information and other sources of inspiration.

Auroran
Golden-skinned Daedra from the Plane of Meridia. The Ayleids worshiped Merid-Nunda as the origin of starlight, essential in their magics and varliance. Little is known of their character or society, though they seem to be utterly devoted to Meridia. Like other Daedra, Aurorans are trapped in the Ayleid ruins by magic and oaths of servitude.

Redeemed Servants
"...pliability of its material, so vital and so obedient to my tools. It was a subject yearning for ascent to the ultimate purpose of its form. A vision of the shape and the (method?) took me immediately and I stilled the form; I stopped its sight and speech and stood it in the working-space. I ordered the servants to stay and bear witness to a Perfect Example and began the dedication rituals."
Redeemed Servants are all that is left of the most prized slaves of the Ayleid sorcerors. While the Ayleid honored their pacts with Meridia, which forbade the usage of profane necromancy, they still longed to master the manipulation of the soul. Their most skilled artificers found a loophole to the laws of Meridia: rather than reviving a corpse by returning a soul to it, the Ayleid prevented the soul from leaving the body in the first place. Through skillful manipulation of magic, metal, and varliance, the mortal body could be twisted and reformed, turning it into a prison from which the soul cannot escape. Using this technique, the Ayleids would turn their favorite slaves in undying shells, forced to serve their will. While the Ayleids were entranced by the art of shaping and transmuting flesh, they also quickly tired of having their slaves leak blood and ichor over their perfect white floors. Most Servants are therefore masked and bound in simple metal armor, or swaddled in rotting silk. Their true corruption, and the perversion of their masters, is thus hidden from view.
Keepers
These servants have been implanted with a Loria Stone, capable of shooting magical projectiles at intruders. While less powerful than a solitary Loria Stone, these have the advantage of being mobile and being more difficult to shut down.

Sentinels
Guardians equipped with Elven weapons and armor of ornamental design (As their purpose in most cases was more to act as decoration and ego-feeding symbol of Ayleid dominance than actual soldiers).

Envoy
Unnaturally fast (bound with innate speed-enhancing spells) and with containers fused into them, these messengers would constantly flee from the player, only ever being found within the ruins whose people were intended to receive its package. On them would often be valuable Ayleid artifacts and decipherable letters the player might take to knowledgeable scholars of Cyrodiil. (Based on the 'treasure-enemies' found within many RPGs, which I find to be a fun concept and capable of leading players into Ayleid traps and other enemies)

Tenders
Servants who maintain the abominations of the Shapers long after the disappearance of their masters, utilizing restoration magic to maintain the creations. (Would effectively heal the generally weak Redeemed Servants, forcing players to develop tactics when fighting groups)
Sorceror-King
And so after many battles with] Umaril's allies, where dead Aurorans lay like candlelight around the throne, the Pelinal became surrounded by the last Ayleid sorcerer-kings and their demons, each one heavy with varliance.
The Ayleid Sorceror-Kings were the undisputed tyrants of old Ayleidoon. Their power was based on knowledge of the Dawn Magics and on pacts with the Daedric Princes, in which they would sacrifice thousands of slaves in return for strange and unsettling abilities. Their gifts warped the Sorcerors physically and mentally, until they were barely recognizable as human: many Ayleid kings would deliberately change themselves to look more like birds, cultivating claw-shaped feet, beaks, and feather-like growths. Others went further, implanting rows of extra eyes, multiple limbs, or other strange perversions. Sorceror-kings reside only in the deepest crypts of the grandest cities, where they rest in their live-bringing sarcophagi (the Ayleids, for all their power, never quite figured out a proper way to become a Lich).

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Nice ideas! I especially like the Redeemed Envoy variation, it's really intesesting. I would advise not to goo overboard with many Redeemed Servant variations, I think having 3 of them would be the best.

Also, how about constructs like Ayleid Statues (like those in Oblivion), I remember you proposed adding those too? Maybe as a set number of non-respawnable guardians for the most important sacred locations.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

The Envoys were Anumaril's idea, I think.

I forgot about the statues. I wonder if it would not be better to use that idea for the Reman ruins, since we have less ideas for them. It would all depend on having actual static statues that look exactly the same, and fixing the idle animations for the statues so that they only "activate" when the player comes near - that way, we can unnerve the player and use them as traps.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=IT&hl=it&v=h0Yji-QHbMA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Archimaestro Antares' Living Statues of Malacath would seem a good proof of concept - DL link on his website if you want to get into the nuts and bolts of how he did it:

http://arcimaestroantares.webs.com/anta ... lemods.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “P:C Asset Development”