Ayleid Artifacts, Items, Clothing, and Clutter

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
Anumaril
-Banned-

Ayleid Artifacts, Items, Clothing, and Clutter

Post by Anumaril »

This thread is for discussion of Ayleid artifacts, items, clothing, clutter, furniture, etc. that may make appearance within their ruins and across Cyrodiil, indicating things of their customs and daily life.

Following are some initial ideas of mine on such objects, mostly being miscellaneous items and artifacts (working on some furniture ideas though). I've taken the opportunity to flesh out the items and explain their place within Ayleid culture and the lore, as I interpret it and how I hope to expand it. If you see terms you don't recognize here, just ask or shoot me a PM and I'll explain my initial thoughts on the concept. As always, criticism and opinions are very welcome.

Great Welkynd Stones

Much larger than their smaller cousins, it's believed that Great Stones acted as the source of all magickal enchantments within an Ayleid city, including the maintenance of lesser stones, and as such, were often protected through any and all means of security. However, over time, many have been looted or destroyed in past wars, leaving the majority of lesser stones within their ruins dull and lifeless.

Welkynd Stones

Aldmeris for 'Sky Child', Welkynd stones are luminous, blue crystals created by the ancient Ayleids. Enchanted and cut pieces of meteroric glass, they are one of the few known instances of Aetherial fragmentation. They were used as a means of storing magicka, and thus, have the capability to restore one's magick more quickly than any potion. When drained, the stones crumble to dust, though some stones whose magick as been slowly drained through lack of maintenance, may be found dead and lifeless within Ayleid ruins. Rumors circulate that the Mages' Guild have interest in such stones, as they are their only means of exploring how the Ayleid managed to imbue such energy within the stones.

Dark Welkynd Stones

Powerful means of security, these black crystals have been the end to many would-be-looters' tales through their powerful elemental spells. Due to many circumstances, these stones are not the most common means of Ayleid defense, are are often found within deeper, unexplored recesses of the Ayleid underground. Drained and empty stones may be found as well, being slightly more valuable to the Mages' Guild than the common Welkynd.

Varla Stones

Aldmeris for 'Star Stone', Varla stones are similar to Welkynd, though glow brighter and with a white light. Their means of use is not to restore magicka, but as far as any scholar can surmise, is to enchant items. Stronger than any soul gem, they are extremely rare, and as such, extremely valuable. Empty Varla stones may be found, but are even rarer than those filled due to their seemingly superior ability to maintain their energy, and are perhaps the most sought-after Ayleid items for the Mages' Guild.

Natural Welkynd Crystal

While void of the Ayleid enchantments placed on stones, naturally occurring Welkynd Crystal veins can often be found in the rock nearby or within Ayleid ruins, and may be utilized by only the most skilled of blacksmiths in crafting light, easily enchantable armors and weapons.

Soul-Maze

Ayleid soul-mazes are ancient devices, the knowledge of which to utilize having long been lost. What is known is that they were capable of capturing Daedra within themselves, thus restricting them death and rebirth to the Waters. They have been known to come in a variety of shapes and sizes, though the most popular is that of an angular metal contraption with a lid, not unlike an ornate music box. While seeming similar to a soul gem, it works much differently, and does not bind the Daedroth's soul. This may be due to some Ayleid's higher respect for Daedra, as well as/or the general use of Varla Stones in place of soul gems.

Eating Utensils

Plates, goblets, and bowls are among the most common clutter one might find within Ayleid ruins, and as such, are not worth nearly as much as other items. However, they do come in a variety of styles, each fetching altering interest in the marketplace. These range from stone (not unline the material their ruins are constructed from), glass, or even the extremely rare pieces crafted from Welkynd Crystal, and likely held by only notable Ayleid lords.

Forks, spoons, and the like seem to have been rarely used in Ayleid culture, save for by their slaves. They instead preferred the use of ringed talons that attached to the fingers, sharp enough to cut and stab their food, and curved enough to function as a spoon when necessary. This form of digit-talon would be applied prior to eating, and often switched out afterward for the popular, stylistic talons part of Ayleid fashion in the majority of city-states.

Example01 Example02 Example03

[Perhaps may be used by player character as a hand-to-hand weapon, similar to Khajiit claws]

Vases and Urns

Ayleid vases were of varying material (Stone, glass, Welkynd) and may now be found throughout ruins and held by antique-appreciating citizens of the Empire. Those in ruins may often be found with ancient, rare living plants still within them, suspended by Ayleid magick. While they did not cremate their dead, it was not uncommon for Ayleid masters to have their favorite or most dedicated slaves cremated and vased; a sign of respect to some slaves of the time, a means to enchain them even after death to others.

Ayleid Coins

Early-Age coins were often constructed with the same stone material their ruins are built with, however, the far more common coin is that of the Late-Age, being constructed out of extremely bright and reflective metals.

Welkynd Lantern

Small, handled lanterns with blue-glowing Welkynd stones within. Softer than a torch, the stone within may likely have been imbued with further magicka in times past, as they flow brighter than the stationary Welkynd one is likely to find within ruins.

Flesh-Sculpting Flenser

Tools utilized in perfection of Ayleid flesh-sculptures, the flenser would strip the skin of instrument-vassals into forms through which differing magic-sound may be amplified and joined in torturous melody.

Alchemical Equipment

While not unlike current techniques, Ayleid equipment seems to have been specifically crafted with their famed Alteration mages in mind. It's likely alchemical work was done by these mages, who would have utilized such magickal arts as telekinesis and levitation to work on many creations at once.

Ayleid Idols

Religious sculptures of the Edeis (Ancestors; of which White-Gold held Ten) and the Adais (Deities, referring to patron saints and other various revered figures outside of the White-Gold pantheon).

[Still working on the White-Gold pantheon and the various other deities of the Hegemony. Will link here when completed and posted.]

Welkynd Key

Enchanted keys made from Welkynd Crystal, no manual use is necessary, as their respective doors will open merely by will of the holder.

White-Gold Compass

An ancient egg-shaped compass always pointing toward the White-Gold Tower, the enchantment on many have either long been worn-off, or broken at some point after their fall.

Ayleid Armor and Clothing

While different, combining them to voice my opinions on Ayleid style as a whole.

Ayleid armor I would hope to look extremely similar to THIS amazing concept art done for PC, however, feathers would play a much larger role than just in armor. They would be very centric to their society, especially in interaction with other city-states. In everything from clothing to armor, location and feather design would be indicative of all things from social and economic status to how many children one has to what their occupation and role in society is. Many clothing pieces would be asymmetrical and incorporate amber glass, many feathers, and silk robes; often leaving sections of their skin exposed and adorning feathered headdresses, understandable considering the sub-tropical nature of Ald Cyrod. Ayleid male clothing was often indistinguishable from female, as they were not a people concerned with gender and sex, in fact, the only true example of any form of social divide between male and female in their society was in the exclusive choosing of women as Vicars in many city-states, likely due to their adoration of Merid-Nunda, who they assumed to be female. It should be said that not only would feathers be included on armor and clothing, but many embraced body modifications in imbuing feathers into themselves, or going so far as to alter their bone structure to allow them more bird-like features such as digitigrade feet.

Headdress
Fledgling Headdress

[Obviously, thousands of different feather combinations on armor is impossible, just a bit of lore to flesh out culture. Hence the need for body modding to be a practice of theirs, as to make the fact armor pieces aren't all different to make sense]

Ayleid Vicar Livery

Ancient robes of Ayleid Vicars, highest priests of most individual city-states. They would be decorated in great feathered robes, designed as such to remove them from the outward appearance of mortals.

Closest thing to my thoughts for the outfit would be the head of THIS oddity.

Ayleid Digit-Talons

Popular, stylistic ringed talons part of Ayleid fashion in the majority of city-states, further suiting their bird-like motif.

[Possibly may be used by player characters as a hand-to-hand weapon, similar to Khajiit claws, see 'utensils' for photo examples.]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Well-written, very creative and highly interesting. And it plays together perfectly with Infragris' previous Ayleid lore.

My favourite part is the Ayleid eating-utensils - a small, seemlingly insignificant part of their daily lives, yet very original and alien, and makes a lot of sense in regards to other aspects of their culture.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

This is very interesting. I also like the note on eating-talons, as well as the idea of unique alchemical equipment - this is very easy to add, and yet a kind of item that (as far as i know) doesn't occur anywhere else. I'm also a big fan of that Ayleid armor concept art.

There are a number of asset claims for Ayleid thing in the Claims board. Some interesting things there. For clutter, I still think there should be a lower-class set of crude clay pottery, to hint at the broader base of Ayleid society.

EDIT: included a rough draft of Ayleid society, history and religion. I don't think I will finish this anytime soon. The history stuff specifically is written from an Imperial mindset. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Ayleid religion.
Attachments
History and Culture of the Ayleid Hegemony.7z
(97 KiB) Downloaded 449 times

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Ayleid male clothing was often indistinguishable from female
If we go full bird, won't it make sense to make male clothing more vibrant and pompous? Elder Scrolls in general already has very small distinction between sexes, so this theme in underexplored.

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Initially, that was my thought, however, I preferred the idea of vibrancy, pompousness, and feather design to be indicative of social, economic, familial, etc. status of individuals. You'd see variations from lowly merchants with dull, less-ornamental garb to Sorcerer-Kings and Vicars, who'd often be engulfed in a mass of feathers, beads, etc. and appear quite other-worldly.

However, the vibrancy and pompousness of an individual of either sex would serve as a tool to attract mates and lovers, much like some species of real-world birds as you said, just in another way, as their garb would display their achievements, abilities, and in some ways their personality. Much more civilized and social of a practice and more unique I think than just having Ayleid women swoon for colorful robes. Bird-influence is my thought, not complete emulation.

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

For clutter, I still think there should be a lower-class set of crude clay pottery, to hint at the broader base of Ayleid society.
I absolutely agree, not sure how that hadn't crossed my mind. Using such substance would be much better than having simple stone as the 'lower-class' material. Still, I definitely see an amber-shade of glass being used for more 'middle-class' clutter, and Welkynd Crystal being used for 'upper-class'.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Anumaril wrote:
Ah I see, makes sense. Although I was thinking not of some one-sided distinction (modest females pompous males), but more along the lines that female fashion would gravitate towards elegance (think crows) and male fashion - towards flamboyancy.
Welkynd Stones
There are different ways to make these
1. Scripted misc object
pros:
+easy to do
cons:
-the effect is not visible to the player

2. Potion
pros:
+Restore Magicka effect visible to player
+Stack in the inventory
cons:
-without one of MPC patches the effect might not be visible for characters with low Alchemy skill
-swallow sound on use
-potion sounds on drop/pick up

3. Scroll
pros:
+Restore Magicka effect visible to player
+Stack in the inventory
cons:
-Open up book menu on equip. Can be scripted not to do this, but this negates stacking
-book sounds on drop/pick up
Varla Stones
There is sadly no way to add new soulgems... Maybe with OpenMW.
Until it's possible, maybe it would be better for Varla stones just to give a temporary bonus to the Enchant skill?

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Welkynd Stones
Unfortunately, I'm not too knowledgeable in the technical department, however, I know that PeterBitt (and abot) seemed able to make them work as they should, as can be seen HERE. Perhaps he can be contacted for advice or permission to use his stones as a resource (as the Nexus page does state for he to be contacted for permission, so I'd assume he wouldn't have too great of reservations regarding it).
Varla Stones
Again, I know little of such technical limitations. However, considering they made Welkynd Stones functional, perhaps Peterbitt/abot might have some input on how such a thing might be implemented.

If it's truly impossible, I'd prefer any other form of workaround as opposed to altering the in-lore functionality of Varla Stones. Perhaps select enchanters and scholars of the Ayleid might be the only individuals with knowledge as to how Varla Stones function, and if brought to them, a simple exchange of Varla Stone and some Septims for an enchanted piece of Elven armor or weaponry may be made (with some excuse such as Elven armor being naturally suited for Varla enchantment, and the scholar having not discovered the means to enchant non-Ayleid pieces. Each scholar would have different, unique Varla enchantments available based on their own separate study of the artifacts. This is a workaround I actually like, as it further expands Varla and Ayleid study, and showcases just how advanced the Ayleid were in the magickal arts. Welkynd are one thing, touch it and take in magick, but you'd need specific knowledge to effectively enchant things with Varla Stones).

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Unfortunately, I'm not too knowledgeable in the technical department, however, I know that PeterBitt (and abot) seemed able to make them work as they should, as can be seen HERE. Perhaps he can be contacted for advice or permission to use his stones as a resource (as the Nexus page does state for he to be contacted for permission, so I'd assume he wouldn't have too great of reservations regarding it).
In this mod, the Welkynd Stone is a carriable light scripted to restore Player's magic when activated from the world. So, it's only usable by the Player and the stones won't stack in the inventory. It's not that bad of an implementation actually, I just wish he made it usable from inventory. Making the stones potions/scrolls would let NPCs use these too, but also add some quirks I described above.
The model looks very nice, but I think it would be better for this project to make their own one, just to keep the visual consistency.
Again, I know little of such technical limitations. However, considering they made Welkynd Stones functional, perhaps Peterbitt/abot might have some input on how such a thing might be implemented.
This is most certainly not doable without using at least MWSE (if it was, Black Soulgem mods wouldn't have to use workarounds).
And yeah, I like your idea on Varla Stone enchantment more.

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Welkynd Stones
In that case, I would think potions best; the pickup/drop noises suit the object more and considering the unbelievable objects you're able to 'consume' in vanilla Morrowind, I don't believe the swallow noise to be too great an issue, players would likely look past it as they do Dwemer metal. It'd certainly be best for NPCs to have the ability to use Welkynd as well. As for the MCP, I think it safe to say the majority of players use it nowadays, and would be more than willing to tick a setting in order to play Province: Cyrodiil.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

There is another problem with the potion way - merchant sell/buy item class. If the WS are made as potions, the Player will only be able to sell them to alchemists, not enchanters. If they are scrolls, then it's okay.
As for the MCP, I think it safe to say the majority of players use it nowadays, and would be more than willing to tick a setting in order to play Province: Cyrodiil.
I'm not sure what the project's stance on the third-party programs is, but I think it would be better to avoid the dependency. And this patch is not a fix after all, just an option.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
PT Modder

Post by TerrifyingDaedricFoe »

Anumaril wrote: Varla Stones

Aldmeris for 'Star Stone', Varla stones are similar to Welkynd, though glow brighter and with a white light. Their means of use is not to restore magicka, but as far as any scholar can surmise, is to enchant items. Stronger than any soul gem, they are extremely rare, and as such, extremely valuable. Empty Varla stones may be found, but are even rarer than those filled due to their seemingly superior ability to maintain their energy, and are perhaps the most sought-after Ayleid items for the Mages' Guild.
To my knowledge it's never made explicitly clear how the Ayleid stones work. We know that Varla means "star" and we know that stars are "the bridges to Aetherius". The Ayleid wells have some connection to the stars, storing magicka and radiating it to the night sky. We know that the in-game purpose of Varla stones is to recharge magic items, and we know that the only other thing that can do this is a soul gem.

My theory therefore is that a Varla stone contains a combination of stored magicka from a well and a soul, which I have decided comes from a priest/priestess of the Aedra. Varla stones are created in a religious ceremony at an Ayleid well beneath the light of the stars and in the view of the planets (which are the Divines) where a priest/priestess offers up their life and soul as a final act of devotion to their Divine and their city-state. I imagine that in almost all cases this would be done in old age after a life of service to spare the priest/priestess from decrepitude. A form of voluntary euthanasia rather than a martyrdom cult.

I'm not sure how much this should be included in the game itself, but it's interesting to think about. Obviously it is also subject to change based on your work on Ayleid religion.
Anumaril wrote: Ayleid Armor and Clothing

...but many embraced body modifications in imbuing feathers into themselves, or going so far as to alter their bone structure to allow them more bird-like features such as digitigrade feet.
I do like this, but I'm wary of over-theming on the Ayleids=birds thing. This could perhaps be a fringe belief, held by Ayleids who take their arrogance and racial-superiority to the extreme. They are not just superior to men and beasts and other elves, they are superior to other Ayleids as well. So much so that they alter themselves to look different from other Ayleids.

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

R-Zero wrote:There is another problem with the potion way - merchant sell/buy item class. If the WS are made as potions, the Player will only be able to sell them to alchemists, not enchanters. If they are scrolls, then it's okay.
Players I would hope, would be directed to the Mages Guild, where research into such Ayleid mysteries would be conducted, and as such, they'd have more use for such items and reward players. Your common enchanter or alchemist would have little use for the Welkynd, as aside from a one-time replenish in Magicka, what is your common merchant going to do with them?
TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Varla Stones
In most cases, the functionality of Ayleid artifacts is not outright stated, and I've attempted keeping it somewhat a mystery. As I wrote, scholars know they have the means to enchant items, but not what their true purpose may have been.

While I really like your concept for their creation, I am of the opinion that no absolute answer be given. Some mystery should remain, and as such, your theory should certainly be implemented, but as a means of scholarly research read through dialogue or a lorebook, as with other attempts at understanding such mysterious things as the Varla and Ayleid Wells. My opinion on their creation stems from something different than the imbuing of mortal souls, having little relation to soul gems, though I'm still finalizing things. It may relate to the 'Shaping' ability Ayleids developed, something I've been putting together for some time.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Ayleid Armor and Clothing
Certainly not all Ayleids went this far, as you said, largely the arrogant and overzealous. Should also be kept in mind that what I've suggested, while popular due to cultural exchanges between city-states, were not equally popular across the Hegemony. There would be other outlying states who'd appear far different, such as the Barsaebic and those under Nilichi, who would have preferred the ornament of flowers over feathers.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote: I do like this, but I'm wary of over-theming on the Ayleids=birds thing. This could perhaps be a fringe belief, held by Ayleids who take their arrogance and racial-superiority to the extreme. They are not just superior to men and beasts and other elves, they are superior to other Ayleids as well. So much so that they alter themselves to look different from other Ayleids.
We have to keep in mind that all things Ayleid are over 4000 years old. The only things that could survive this long would be extremely resilient and highly magical items and clothing - such as the bird-obsessed upper classes would have.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
PT Modder

Post by TerrifyingDaedricFoe »

Anumaril wrote:
TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Varla Stones
In most cases, the functionality of Ayleid artifacts is not outright stated, and I've attempted keeping it somewhat a mystery. As I wrote, scholars know they have the means to enchant items, but not what their true purpose may have been.

While I really like your concept for their creation, I am of the opinion that no absolute answer be given. Some mystery should remain, and as such, your theory should certainly be implemented, but as a means of scholarly research read through dialogue or a lorebook, as with other attempts at understanding such mysterious things as the Varla and Ayleid Wells. My opinion on their creation stems from something different than the imbuing of mortal souls, having little relation to soul gems, though I'm still finalizing things. It may relate to the 'Shaping' ability Ayleids developed, something I've been putting together for some time.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Ayleid Armor and Clothing
Certainly not all Ayleids went this far, as you said, largely the arrogant and overzealous. Should also be kept in mind that what I've suggested, while popular due to cultural exchanges between city-states, were not equally popular across the Hegemony. There would be other outlying states who'd appear far different, such as the Barsaebic and those under Nilichi, who would have preferred the ornament of flowers over feathers.
I pretty much agree with all of this. I'll be interested to see what else you come up regarding Ayleid lore.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

On Ayleid armor, Revenant actually made a higher-res/more detailed version of his armor concept a while back on his Tumblr.

[hsimg=]http://40.media.tumblr.com/0541f0b501d8 ... 1_1280.png[/hsimg]

I like everything else listed here. Forgot about the soul-mazes from Lord of Souls: maybe we could implement them as a cursed item or container in-game that summons an Auroran or some other servant of Meridia when triggered?

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Saint_Jiub wrote:Forgot about the soul-mazes from Lord of Souls: maybe we could implement them as a cursed item or container in-game that summons an Auroran or some other servant of Meridia when triggered?
I like the idea of the mazes being cursed, perhaps as a means to keep the Daedroth within from being unleashed, as the soul-mazes have little purpose aside from as a prison (Though it'd be impossible for the player to unleash the Daedra, considering the knowledge to utilize these contraptions has been lost to time). I'd imagine only dangerous summoned Daedra or Demi-Princes would have been trapped within, given the higher respect many Ayleid would have had for the beings of Oblivion. However, I can see many more (Non-Auroran summoning, but spell-casting-trapped) soul-mazes being found within ruins known to be Aedra venerating city-states.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I think I'll move this to Asset Development.

Moritius
PT Modder

Post by Moritius »

I just leave it here. Arakkoa from WoW - this could be some inspiration, how could Ayleid clothes looks ;).
[hsimg=]http://41.media.tumblr.com/32d299251b4d ... 1_1280.jpg[/hsimg]
<ThomasRuz> A cleansing potion, with a nasty side-effect
<rotouns> Drain Spear 50 / 3600s
<ThomasRuz> We shall call it... the potion of impotency!

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

LondonRook (the author of Dramatic Vivec) is making a Varla Stone model for his project. I asked him and he said he wouldn't mind sharing it, when he's done:
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... 7nxhpX.png[/hsimg]

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Cool, there's also PeterBitt's welkynd stones that we could get permission for:

[hsimg=]https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 880424.jpg[/hsimg]

Remiros
PT Modder

Post by Remiros »

I made something that could be used as a great welkynd stone or varla stone. Image

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

We already have really many of these little stones. But we could add it as a variant, if you want to upload your model. I'd be switching some textures on it to match our stock ones.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Found some interesting Ayleid-inspired art on this guy's blog:
[hsimg=]http://67.media.tumblr.com/1a52da88a428 ... o1_500.jpg[/hsimg]
Flower King Nilichi

[hsimg=]http://66.media.tumblr.com/bfd9cf2fd2d3 ... o1_500.jpg[/hsimg]
The pact of Merid-Nunda

ThomasRuz
HR427 Lead Dev

Post by ThomasRuz »

Quick question,
Initially, that was my thought, however, I preferred the idea of vibrancy, pompousness, and feather design to be indicative of social, economic, familial, etc. status of individuals. You'd see variations from lowly merchants with dull, less-ornamental garb to Sorcerer-Kings and Vicars, who'd often be engulfed in a mass of feathers, beads, etc. and appear quite other-worldly.
Then what is the reasoning behind Umaril the Unfeathered? If I may ask.

Also, would love to do some Ayleid concept for you guys if that is alright.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hello TomazRuz,

feel free to post whatever concepts you have. No need to ask for permission for that.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Just as we do not feel bound to follow the design of Oblivion's Elven armor, we do not feel bound to slavishly reflect the looks of Umaril as a design guide for Ayleid kings in general. In a more general sense, Umaril is a special case what with being a half-god and the chosen of Meridia and these things. His aesthetic sensibilities are likely more inspired by the sphere of Meridia and her Aurorans, rather than those of the lesser sorceror-kings.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Since berry pointed out the issues with the welkynd-lampsources, I'm looking into ways to keep these working as lamps. One slightly more involving approach can be seen below. It will require quite some re-rotation of instances in the game world but should solve all carriable light - related issues. What do you think? Shit or hit?

[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... ndlamp.jpg[/hsimg]

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

It looks rather goofy, I'm afraid. I don't really see the use of making them light sources in the first place, if it causes so many problems. Can't the interior designers just plop a lightbulb near them? I think an Ayleid stone-torch or crystal candelabra would make for a good piece of loot, but it would have to be a different item than the Welkynd stone.

I'm afraid I can't check data atm, how are these set up exactly? Unless I'm mistaken, it should be easy to avoid problems of this nature by making the stones lights that disable themselves when activated and add a different, unscripted welkynd stone misc item to the player's inventory. Loot lists should use the second version, so NPCs only receive the non-glow version. This way, the stones still glow initially, stack in the inventory, and they won't accidentally be used as lights. The only downside would be that they don't glow when the player sets them down, but honestly that's a small price to pay.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

It's radioactive contamination.

EDIT: jk, but how about the second system?

Return to “P:C Asset Development”