Additional Modelling

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
worsas
Project Administrator

Additional Modelling

Post by worsas »

Some progress on the additional fish variants. The little fish is still in need of a name. I'm also not yet settled on the appearance of the other two generic fish speces that are still to come. Any proposals are welcome.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Skyrim had Cyrodiilic Spadetails, though I would suggest we just call them Spadetails.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Been trying to make a crossbreed/reskin of small slaughterfish and siamese fighting fish.

And another fish, initially intended as a sardine / african glass catfish crossbreed. But it looks very different from the rest, so I'm hesitant to use it.

I'm not too happy about the two new creations. I think I might just retexture the very top fish for the obligatory variants that we still need. The spadetail sounds like a freshwater fish to me. It wouldn't be using a fork tail at least.
Meh, I feel like having wasted a lot of time today.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Not a waste at all, I think a lot of these fish would fit nicely in the freshwater areas of the Nibenay.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Fishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ESO lists the Spadetail as a lake dwelling fish, so it definitely will be a freshwater variant. Aside from the spadetail and the longfin (which both look great btw) though, ESO also gives us:

Saltwater:
Topal Fanche
Emperor Angelfish (this should be renamed if we do use it though for lore reasons-- Dragonfish? Jillfish?)
Jewel Fish (your little fish)?

Freshwater:
Rumare Bream
Nibenay Trout
Glassfish (Your catfish?)
Yellow Perch
Rainbow Fish

Swamp/Sewers:
Trodh
Sewer Eel

There are more, but these are the ones that stood out to me.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

For the Abecean Sea specifically I'm thinking I could make a slim, zebra-like striped fish and one with higher back. The Angelfish would be a possibility. For me the biggest thing for these generic, passive fish is to have a tropical seafish character. But there is so much that could still possibly be done for a tropical sea vipe, like jellyfish or swordfish, seacrabs and more exotic mussels.

Should the new slaughterfish be reserved for the Nibenay or could it have an appearance in the Abecean Sea as one of the few hostile fish around here?

I also made a slightly less intruiging, silver-colored variant of the jewel fish. Suitable for the Abecean Sea?:

*Blubb*

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I'd prefer to have the new Orangeback Slaughterfish exclusive to the Abecean and west-Colovian waterways - the east already has many new creature concepts, while the west is sort of lacking in them. I think I remember reading something about Rumare water serpents somewhere.

For the exotic mussels: anybody here played Dishonored? Remember the poison-spitting artichokes? A static enemy with a ranged attack would be a novelty for Morrowind.

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

worsas... These look really fuckin good. Seriously good work.

I get what you mean about one or two of the textures. But damn! Keep up the good work!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

A quick change in plans. I'll probably not make further saltwater fish for the Abecean Sea now. The striped fish announced last time will be a fresh water fish, it just didn't become a good salt water fish in the end. But now it can be used together with the cat fish.

See here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... edfish.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@Infragris: missiles or target spells unfortunately don't work underwater, so we are forced to stick to melee creatures. I've been thinking about a hostile, glowing jelly fish for the deep water regions of the Abecean, just so we can have something hostile to encounter in the deep.

I've also been looking and looking through Caits sea fish. There are some of them that look quite nice and would only require a slight tweak of the texture. There is a blue marlin that I would be rigging to my new fish skeleton and animation, for example. But I'm currently not sure how well it will work, if a player would feel immersed by seeing it or just bothered by the oddness of the animation and limited behaviour.

At the moment I think it makes sense to close in and look for suitable names for the silver fish, the catfish and the striped fish. The catfish could be called 'bearded springer', for example? Or would you guys prefer to go with the ESO name? I personally don't feel too strongly about them, but I don't mind using them either.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Or a "Fringed Leaper"? It means the same as a Bearded Springer, but has some kind of je-ne-sais-quoi,no? Fishes in the Abecean could have Colovian-sounding names, like a Vver-Swimmer or a Kvalkfish, or maybe refer to Colovian hang-ups, like a Soldier-Fish, Traitor-Fish, ... The same could apply to the eastern fishes: a Joy-of-Khet would be a fish native to the Men-of-Khet tribe fishing ground, while a Chrysophant would refer to the connection between wealth and the river (litterally a "gold-bringer", though you could also call it a gilded ruler or priest).

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

I was toying with the idea of jellyfish as well, what about a critter called a Thras-wight and we can have a local superstition about them being the souls of drowned sailors?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

This sunday I have worked on improving and differentiating our Stirk houses from the Anvil ones a bit. But we'll have to reposition some exterior objects once again, when using these.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... %20024.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Those look very nice. Really has a fishing town feel to it somehow.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Today I've been fiddling around with yet another roof support made of dark wood. I just had a picture of that in my mind and had to try it out. Later on I ended up replacing much of the other wood with that dark wood.

I like it so far, but placement-technically it isn't completely unproblematic.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ebxb3yqrx319 ... _21la?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I'm still going to make the purple trim texture less noisy than it is now. And unfortunately I had an idea for a completely different window design for stirk that would look thousand times better in my imagination. But I'm still going to see if it's worth the trouble.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Uploading the experimental stirk window I had been making in between, so we can repurpose it for Sutch.
Attachments
experimental_windowt.7z
(83.36 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

A quick modification of the mooncrab so it's less of a reskin:
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... update.jpg[/hsimg]

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

That is just about the cutest crab in the world.

On the topic of crabs: I noticed Ashtaar's Oblivion mod had a very small blue crab creature in it which, given a retexture, could serve very well as an ambient creature (and fill out the shoreline lvld lists). Has anybody contacted him for permissions yet?

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Looks really good, I like that you gave animations to the pincers too :)

Could we use the small crab from SHOTN, or retexture it? If it's an Oblivion mod, converting it might be a pain.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Sorry, I meant his Doors of Oblivion mod. It's for Morrowind.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

That crab is from a modder resource somewhere, maybe cait. Sure, it would be a nice ambient creature.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Small thing I noticed on the mooncrab animation: when it crawls into its shell, the hind legs poke out a bit at the back. Hardly noticeable, though.

Return to “P:C Asset Development”