Morrowind Concept Art Helms

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
Infragris
Project Administrator

Morrowind Concept Art Helms

Post by Infragris »

Okay, so these were posted about a minute ago on tumblr, but they are really important: Morrowind concept art for the imperial-style helms.

Original post here

Various styles, including the famous Colovian Fur Hat (here the "Colovian Arrow-Catcher). Also an Imperial Studded Leather Helm, Ruby Ranks Legionnaire, and Nordic Grub-Fur and Falkreath helm for our SHotN brethren.

Alternate iron helms and various styles already in-game.

Steel helms, Kvatch (!) and Oloman (!!) Anvil styles, very relevant to our current work. Also a pretty sweet gladiator helm.

Imperial Chain styles: Strident Coif, some Nordic stuff, and Newtscale styles. Also note Niben tattoos.

it goes without saying that these must be included, especially the Kvatch and Oloman styles. Unique-looking steel and iron helms could be our version of the bonemold variants, but for counties instead of Great Houses. The Newtscale hems are also very important.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

I think Anvil guard has a hemlets something like conquistador hemlets Image
And standart imperial guard uniform. Maybe with yellow skit and city flag on cuirass.

Sutch had similar uniform, but orange maybe and hemlets like this Image
Archers looks like this h[img]ttp://fc04.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/130/f/f/ff5251553da2dfad06f124ee29a77c3d.jpg[/img] but in chain hemlet Image
Colovian legion uniform is standart imperial uniform with red skit. Archers in leather armor, not in the chain mail.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Biboran wrote:I think Anvil guard has a hemlets something like conquistador hemlets Image
And standart imperial guard uniform. Maybe with yellow skit and city flag on cuirass.

Sutch had similar uniform, but orange maybe and hemlets like this Image
Archers looks like this h[img]ttp://fc04.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/130/f/f/ff5251553da2dfad06f124ee29a77c3d.jpg[/img] but in chain hemlet Image
Colovian legion uniform is standart imperial uniform with red skit. Archers in leather armor, not in the chain mail.
I'm not sure if you are aware, Biboran, but we already have a city guard armor for Anvil. That aside, I wouldn't use a late medieval spain armor style for Cyrodiil, because it would probably strike one as an odd conquistator that found his way into the nirn universe. I don't mind the other two helmets, though.

Thanks for linking all these drawings, Infragris. A great source for nordic and imperial helmets alike.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

I'm not sure if you are aware, Biboran, but we already have a city guard armor for Anvil
Sorry! I do not know what has been done and what has not been done. I only know that you are now going to work on Sutch. Or something like that. :)
Can you show on the map that you have done and what is not, if it is possible? And armor of Anvil guards. And Stirk also has unique armor?

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Bonus: A few years back, I found a mod, Silicon Bros Items, which actually contains the Oloman style helmet, and received permission from the author to use any of the models in that compilation. It's the mesh I used for the Nibenese Bronze helmet, in fact (although that set's about to get a complete conceptual overhaul, so we should definitely use it).

There's a couple other pieces that will be worth looking at as well, for PC as well as SHoTN.

EJRS
Forumite

Post by EJRS »

I have a more or less finished version of the Kvatch helmet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0lsivffm1435 ... m.rar?dl=0. I've never really modelled before so it's not top-notch, but it'd be yours to use if you'd be interested.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

EJRS wrote:I have a more or less finished version of the Kvatch helmet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0lsivffm1435 ... m.rar?dl=0. I've never really modelled before so it's not top-notch, but it'd be yours to use if you'd be interested.
I saw your helmet on the officials and already thought about contacting you about them. MK/1st pg - style stuff is always welcome around here.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Looks great, will we be able to use the other ones you're making as well?

Also, do we want them using vanilla textures or should I take a peek at retexturing them?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

That looks really good. It's using the vanilla textures right now, yes? I think it makes sense to keep it that way. It would be fun to expand the normal iron, steel and chainmail sets with customized helmets and such, to mirror the House-affiliated Bonemold variants.

EJRS
Forumite

Post by EJRS »

Infragris pretty much perfectly voiced my thoughts on the subject. In this case, vanilla textures also turned out to work really well.

Of course I'd be happy to let you use the other ones I'm working on, just give me credit where relevant ;).
I'm 90% done with one newtscale variant: that one might need a new texture, though. It's currently set up to use the newtscale cuirass-texture, which works alright for the scaly bits, but doesn't give much to work on for the metal frame.

EJRS
Forumite

Post by EJRS »

Here is the nearly completed mesh for the newtscale helm, if you'd like to take a look. Bear in mind, UV-work is a bit of a mess, especially on the inside, since it's set up to repurpose a cuirass texture.

Oh, and if anyone would have any thoughts: how rigid do you imagine newscales as being? Are they more like a very tough snakeskin or more like lamellar plates? For the ground mesh, if the helmet was leaning backwards, supporting its weight against the newtscale-skirt, would the latter spread out?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I think the scales would indeed spread out a little bit with the helm leaning backwards. The metal should maybe be given a different texture to make it look more metallic?

Return to “P:C Asset Development”