Infragris' Workshop

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Looks great, what's the polycount compared to the original out of curiosity? I have to think losing the pillars makes a difference.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Can't check now, but the filesize is about three to four times smaller. The original model had a lot of hidden geometry and stencil properties attached. Pruned it all off.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Working on the new galleon interiors:
Attachments
pc_in_galleon_upperlvl_03_02.nif
(260.61 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
galleon upper level.jpg

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I'm afraid wall and floor placement is very different. I tried working with the old models but they were pretty much a lost cause. That being said, I think your ints can be salvaged with a bit of work. Actually, I was hoping you could do some new ones based on the ship names and designations discussed on the Stirk NPC threads, since some of the ints don't really work for Stirk (like the prison ship, for example). We could still keep the old ints for the Anvil ships, of course.

Interior walls, dedicated trapdoors, etc is in the works. I didn't know TR had them, I'll have a look at their work.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Infragris, do you think I should maybe make the dock retexes for Anvil while you are busy with the galleons?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

If you got the time, sure. Not doing anything with them right now.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Here are some thoughts on this dockset:

- Making a completely separate version for Anvil seems like a waste. There is only one texture about these that is anyhow stirk-specific: The purple frame to the left and right. I don't see it as a big problem to use it around Anvil as is.
- The bottom of these pieces needs to go more than double as far down to meet up with the seafloor around Anvil.

If you don't mind, I will just edit the stirk docks to meet these needs and leave it at that. :)

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Sounds good to me. We could use this tileset for most of the Gold Coast, I suppose. No real need to make texture variations for something as basic as this.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Galleon interior tileset:
Attachments
galleon int test.jpg

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Great work, this is something all three province mods should benefit from.

I should probably mention at this point, that I went ahead with your Talos statue and used blender to add a collision object and to merge many of the nitrishapes it had into one, not just to optimize it but to make the changing of the texture path for the skyrim version less of a hassle. You should best keep the previous version somewhere, as it will be easier to edit than the version in the data files.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Wip new goldenrod. Not quite sure about the flowers. Opinions?
Attachments
grod_pic.jpg

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I like it. I'm not sure, if the florescence shouldn't be a bit less broad, but I'd be fine with keeping it as it is on your screenshot, aswell.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Early WIP Colovian Fur cuirass. Thought?

EDIT: plus another test for the shrines.
Attachments
shrine test.jpg
fur cuirass.jpg

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I like that cuirass. I have no problem with these shrines, except that you should make the edge hard for the broken variant. in blender you can achieve that either by turning that area of the mesh solid or splitting it from the rest. But it doesn't really look broken right now.

millysoose
Forumite

Post by millysoose »

Maybe it's me, but those shrines just feel out of place in that picture. I think it's a combination of the vibrant candlelit color and the general texture of the mesh.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Kynareth statue:
[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/OhAXAZI.jpg[/hsimg]

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Since nobody else posted so far, let me just say how lovely this statue looks. Good work.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Damn, that looks really good Infragris :) My only small critique is that the polycount on the bird may be a little high with those individual feathers, but it looks great so I won't complain too much - it's not like you're going to see 50 of these things in the same room :P

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

The bird isn't as high-poly as it looks: it's basically one of the Skyrim ambient birds with a simplified mesh. The file is about the same size as the Talos statue.

Anyway, it's is finished for now. The shapes should still be merged, but I think I'll leave that until after the UV is finished. Saint_Jiub, could you do the textures for this one?
Attachments
statue_kynareth.7z
(505.72 KiB) Downloaded 263 times

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Like you even have to ask :P

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Progress update:

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/OZF03G8.png[/hsimg]

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/zXpX5bO.png[/hsimg]

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Looks great! You really nailed the facial expression: Kynareth is not really supposed to be a happy goddess. Any problems with the mesh?

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

The only thing I've noticed is that her left knee needs to be brought forward since she's standing on her toes on that foot - right now, the effect is that her left leg is shorter than the right:

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/BsWBIht.jpg[/hsimg]

Other than that, it looks great :)

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

DL link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n21q7txjepsab ... h.zip?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if you have any suggestions or revisions :)

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Question for ya -

Up til now, I've been going with a very traditional Greek "white marble" look for the Divines statues, which given that the subjects are very Greco-Roman looking themselves, isn't quite sitting right with me. It also doesn't gel with the only vanilla instance of Imperial religious sculpture, the statue of Akatosh in Ebonheart: http://i.imgur.com/fnRm7hV.png So with that being the case, what do you think about going for a look for the statues more along these lines? http://i.imgur.com/Qb1FsAF.png

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

For my view regions could have different textures. Greec-style (actuall roman copies of greek statues because 99% of greek statues you see in musems is actually roman copies :D ) really cool for west colovia etc. This statue can be really cool for some more east cities

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

There's no sense in making regionalized statue retextures: they do not define or are defined by their environment in the way that houses or nature are.

@Saint_Jiub: I'm not entirely sure about using the Ebonheart statue as a design guide: it is meant to go along with the ebony pillar in the middle, which is of allegorical importance for the EEC's ebony trade. The darker Morrowind style might clash with our lighter color palette, too. On the other hand, I'm not really all that attached to the neoclassical look either, and your new texture does look very good. The most important thing is that they match up with the wayshrine assets: if you can get these to agree, I'd be all for it. You could try editing the wayshrine textures, if you're up for it.

EDIT: have you considered something like a bronze style?

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

Maybe regional statues make sence because materials in different regions are different?
But you know better :D

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Ted, the problem with that is that these statues aren't necessarily going to be used in only one spot so they need to be universal to some extent.

Infragris, I'd considered it but ultimately decided against it because the marble look is, pardon the pun, somewhat set in stone. I always try to keep my detail work (shading, highlights, etc.) and the texture overlay on separate layers, but inevitably it all ends up on the same layer - a change like the one I posted is pretty easy because I'm just painting over what's already there, changing it from marble to bronze would be considerably more work because I'd basically have to start from scratch. As far as Akatosh is concerned, the texture itself for that central column is named as tx_marble_black - is it described as ebony anywhere in game?

If you're OK with it, I personally think editing the wayshrines will be the best solution, it'll soften the Roman inspiration and help bring them a little more fully into our world. Would you have time to do a small model edit and flatten the top of the Akatosh statue's base so that ours can stand on it a little more easily?

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

But statues can have regional versions...
But yeah, this is just my silly opinion

Return to “P:C Asset Development”