Infragris' Workshop

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Infragris wrote:Got bored today, made a little doodle for a Hermaeus Mora shrine. I don't know how readable this picture is, sorry. Sort of kind of based on depictions of Ganesha.

For the Daedra statues, I'd like to get away from the classical standing pose that the other statues all use. I picture them as old, bronzed shrines in an Indian or Japanese fashion, only approachable from the front, with ornate, brightly colored backdrops.
Very nice direction! These would fit much better in Nibenay, and maybe the shrines in Colovia could be more classical-looking?

Other than East and South Asian, some Middle Eastern stuff could be a good inspiration too: Image

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Infragris wrote:For the Daedra statues, I'd like to get away from the classical standing pose that the other statues all use. I picture them as old, bronzed shrines in an Indian or Japanese fashion, only approachable from the front, with ornate, brightly colored backdrops.
I love that design and your idea behind the shrines. I'd like to assume many are relics of the Ayleid, so perhaps some of their design and materials might suit that possible origin, being of Meteoric Iron and Glass. Some would be newer and of bronze or other materials, I'm sure, but I'd think it interesting for at least a few to reflect Ayleid culture.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

I like this- the Mehrunes Dagon concept I posted before is more to hammer down the appearance of the deity himself, we can definitely stylize it into a manner like what you're talking about.

Speaking of Ganesha, does anybody remember what entity this MK picture was supposed to be? It's called The Head of the All-Muhks, and I remember speculation (possibly fueled by MK himself?) that it was supposed to be Clavicus Vile. I know dog imagery is his thing, but it would be kind of cool to incorporate some of the obscure lore here. Otherwise, maybe a Marukhati spirit or guardian of some sort?

[hsimg=]http://www.pearltrees.com/s/pic/or/-100477138[/hsimg]

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Saint_Jiub wrote:The Head of the All-Muhks
As far as I know, it's supposed to be Clavicus Vile. At least, that's what the majority of people I've seen speaking about it have said. Apparently, Vile is the head and Barbas is the elephant-thing.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

It was your Dagon concept that gave me the idea: it reminded me a lot of depictions of Kali, another god of destruction and energy. That and Oblivion's statue of Mephala with all the skulls.

I also remember that picture being identified as Clavicus. It seems a bit over the top for mainstream cults, but one maybe of the deepwood Nibenese cults could worship All-Muhks.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Saint_Jiub wrote: Speaking of Ganesha, does anybody remember what entity this MK picture was supposed to be? It's called The Head of the All-Muhks, and I remember speculation (possibly fueled by MK himself?) that it was supposed to be Clavicus Vile. I know dog imagery is his thing, but it would be kind of cool to incorporate some of the obscure lore here. Otherwise, maybe a Marukhati spirit or guardian of some sort?
There's also a Mephala concept by MK, in the same bizarre vein, but it's kinda NSFW so I dunno if I may post it here.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

We don't have major reservations against posting NSFW stuff, as long as it is clearly labeled as such in the link or uses the Spoiler2 thingo.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Oh, okay, here it is then: [hsimg=]http://forum.wiwiland.net/uploads/galle ... 2_1088.jpg[/hsimg] Pretty interesting imagery this one.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Nice use of the spider theme. The legs and such. For the rest of it, I'm going to propose a small social experiment: why don't we try to find out what exactly happens if we never speak of it again for the rest of our lives?

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

Hahaha! :lol: I personally think it's not bad, quite demonic. But too much for any TES game published yet :P

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

This is good and unic stuff. Stuff like that made morrowind realy uniqle game and tes lore deep. This is horrible but I like it.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Infragris wrote:Nice use of the spider theme. The legs and such. For the rest of it, I'm going to propose a small social experiment: why don't we try to find out what exactly happens if we never speak of it again for the rest of our lives?
While I would totally love to see a statue of this in the game, I think I understand your point :lol:

Moritius
PT Modder

Post by Moritius »

Infragris wrote:...

Nice use of the spider theme. The legs and such. For the rest of it, I'm going to propose a small social experiment: why don't we try to find out what exactly happens if we never speak of it again for the rest of our lives?
But that's cute piece of art. If you are blind :lol:.
<ThomasRuz> A cleansing potion, with a nasty side-effect
<rotouns> Drain Spear 50 / 3600s
<ThomasRuz> We shall call it... the potion of impotency!

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Infragris wrote:It was your Dagon concept that gave me the idea: it reminded me a lot of depictions of Kali, another god of destruction and energy. That and Oblivion's statue of Mephala with all the skulls.

I also remember that picture being identified as Clavicus. It seems a bit over the top for mainstream cults, but one maybe of the deepwood Nibenese cults could worship All-Muhks.
Ha, that's exactly what I was going for! It was all I could do to refrain from giving him a kilt of severed arms.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

By the way, I found the knight- of the lillly armor on my hd lately, apparently having forgotten to add it to the data files. Is it still up-to-date, so I can add it after the data merge?

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

My understanding was that we were scrapping the knightly orders, so we might want to think about current uses for the armor before we add it to data.
The knightly orders, as they are present in design documents and planning up until now, need some rethinking. The current knightly orders are based on two sources: the old Daggerfall lore which had an order per Divine with its own quests and progression, and the Oblivion knightly orders like the Knights of the White Stallion etc. Implementing the Daggerfall knights was, in hindsight, maybe not such great idea: this concept of knighthood is very much based in the Breton/medieval Europe setting which we wish to move away from, and has little relevance for Cyrodiil. The Oblivion knights draw from the same inspiration, and were (in my opinion) not the most relevant addition to the game. If possible, I would like to scrap these factions in favor of more culture-specific groups.

There are a couple of other mentions of Cyrodiilic knights, like the upper ranks of the Legion, the Blades, and the Red Templars. These have a more military identity, and in the case of the Blades adhere more to a far eastern/samurai aesthetic - no problems with these.

My proposal would be to cut any ties with the knights as depicted in Daggerfall, and retool the knightly orders as circles/lodges of nobility dedicated to a saint or multiple saints. This would give these groups a more overt Imperial identity, focus on fleshing out the Saints of Cyrod, and (if we add them mostly in Colovia) counterbalance the weird Nibenese totem-spirits with a typical western type of religiosity.

Opinions?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Not in its current shape, either: it's still pretty WIP if I remember. Without the knight angle, we can retool it as generic variations of normal silver armor, that can be used anywhere, for anyone. Making nine unique armor sets for these minor factions was kind of dumb, in retrospect.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

I wouldn't say dumb, but maybe more ambitious than we need to be. Sorry I never got a chance to play with the textures btw- once we decide its fate I'll take another look at it.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Wouldn't really need new textures in the new scheme - unless if you want to make silver armor variants with different colors and emblems (like the Duke's Silver Armor from Morrowind). That could be cool.

Attached here are some crude attempts to make Ayleid furniture. Never really went anywhere, and I'm in no mood to continue working on them.
Attachments
Ayleid furniture.7z
(24.2 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

The galleon models always annoyed me, so I took out some time to mess with them: shaved off a ton of polys, flattened the decks, removed some (imho) unimportant details. This should make the model less resource-intensive and easier to use. Also working on the interiors and a shipwreck version.

I think this version could also be used as a base for a new warship model, since the current one is utterly useless. Thoughts?
Attachments
galleon_wip.jpg

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I think this version could also be used as a base for a new warship model, since the current one is utterly useless. Thoughts?
The current warship is also a tad too big. I have always been wondering what they are used for, being these obviously resource-intensive beasts. Are the imperials involved in any kind of open sea conflict?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

worsas wrote:
The current warship is also a tad too big. I have always been wondering what they are used for, being these obviously resource-intensive beasts. Are the imperials involved in any kind of open sea conflict?
A couple of them are used in Anvil. But yeah, they are too big, ugly, lack detail, etc, etc. I think it useful to have something like them around, since the Imperials do have a navy and the galleon feel too much like merchant ships. But if we can't supply a better model, they should be removed entirely.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I've been thinking that these warships could, in in-universe-terms, be used to carry a larger amount of legionaries, should ever the need arise. This would justify this huge scale a bit. But I'd downscale them, nevertheless.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Straightened and lower poly ships. Models are untested, but I thought I'd post them here in case anyone wants the have a look. I'll post them in data contributions once I find the time to make the shipwreck and interiors. This should make a serious difference in performance.
Attachments
galleons_wip.7z
(144.52 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Well, my framerate at the stirk docks is gonna be a trainwreck regardless (4 FPS with the existing meshes), but installing these meshes seemed to give me a 1-2 FPS boost :D

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Those are much better than the old ones. If you need my help at making collision objects for them, let me know. You should ideally be able to climb those stairs in the final version.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Update: trying to use ship stairs will now delete your savegame.

achanguitar
Forumite

Post by achanguitar »

Infragris wrote:Made another statue, based on TR concept art. This one can serve as Talos/Tiber Septim, but it can also be added here and there in the world. If there's one dude the Imperials should have a lot of statues of, it's ol' Tiber. Think I'll see if TR want to use it for Ebonheart.

I still suck at texturing, though.

Saint_Jiub?
Damn, that Talos is amazing. Love to see him in Cyrodiilic (legion) armor style. But i agree the texture is to "clean" if someone want to place the thing in College of Voice in Markarth.
"... Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."
Wulf (Tiber Septim) from TES III : Morrowind

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Reworked Stirk docks assets. This is a basic set with corners, 4-way, 3-way, endcap, etc. The dock pieces are slightly wider and no longer have the side pillars attached, making it easier for players and NPCs to navigate them. This will require some alterations to the Stirk harbor. Still need to edit the stone pillar bits to align better with the new set, and I think I'll make a sub-set with only one side for ease of use. Probably won't do stairs and bridges, that's a bit out of my league. With a texture change, this set can also function in Anvil, solving the repetitive block problem there.

Once all pieces are complete, I'll add this to data contributions.
Attachments
Stirk docks.jpg
Stirk Docks.7z
(7.66 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

I agree, superb work!

Return to “P:C Asset Development”