PC_Data - Requests

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Sorry for not reacting here. My mind is currently mostly busy with preparations for the data merge and I tend to postpone anything else. Thanks for taking over, Infragris.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

No problem, it shouldn't just be you making these things in the first place. I think I have an idea that will give maximum flexibility and still avoid file bloat. I'll have to see.

Another delivery: Ayleid platform and cave pieces.
Attachments
ar_plat&caves.7z
(7.99 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

Moritius
PT Modder

Post by Moritius »

There could be some Ayleid-cave connector (something like Dwemer in vanilla). It could help (especially me, with this goblin cave claim I'm doing :D).
<ThomasRuz> A cleansing potion, with a nasty side-effect
<rotouns> Drain Spear 50 / 3600s
<ThomasRuz> We shall call it... the potion of impotency!

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

There are separate floor and ceiling pieces in data (pc_in_impruinr_fl and pc_in_impruinr_cl). Can't the problem be solved with these? If not, I might need a couple of screenshots to illustrate the issue.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I see what you need. I'll quickly make those.

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

With the amount of rugs we have in most places, I would like to see a Wooden Rug Beater, I believe it would be a very interesting piece of clutter in the houses while it shouldn't be too hard to create. Just for additional details of how everything works in the society. Not a priority by any means, but could be a nice addition.

Examples:
[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/plxtxBu.jpg[/hsimg][hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/RmJOp2w.jpg[/hsimg]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_beater

P.S. Could be set as a blunt weapon :)
P.P.S. Hopefully no one minds my small request. If you don't find it interesting to make or important, just ignore this message

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

God, those things remind me of my grandmother.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I swear I'm still working on this, the model is just being a huge pain in the ass. There's some kind of subtle asymmetry thing going on that is absolutely ruining this business.

What would be best:
  • Several different tower models with one or two door openings on each level?
  • A single modular tower with different parts that have to be dropped in??

Moritius
PT Modder

Post by Moritius »

We deserve this (I'm also waiting because I want to claim one). And then... another settlement will need our help :D.
<ThomasRuz> A cleansing potion, with a nasty side-effect
<rotouns> Drain Spear 50 / 3600s
<ThomasRuz> We shall call it... the potion of impotency!

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I like the look of all these pieces, and I can see how they would greatly benefit the look of our Ayleid ruins. I sincerely hope we will have all of them and more, in due time. But we only have a restricted number of modelers and texturers, so I would appreciate it if you could make a shortlist of essential pieces that we can focus on in the short term.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Since they are the easiest of these things, I started with the requested corner pieces today.

Do these pieces fulfill your needs when combined with PC_In_Ar_WHall3Way01 and PC_In_Ar_WHall4Way01? Or did you think of a different kind of corner?
Attachments
ayleid_corners.7z
(52.9 KiB) Downloaded 325 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

The very first and the very last pieces from your overview already exist in the shape of PC_In_Ar_WHall3Way01 and PC_In_Ar_WHall4Way01. The second and third variant can be created by rotating pc_in_ar_rwallexw04.nif. The fourth and fifth variants are pc_in_ar_rwallexw02.nif and pc_in_ar_rwallexw03.nif.

I would much like to see more unique elements in our ayleid ruins beyond the bethesda-designs you posted. But Iit needs some rest and inspiration to do it justice. We have already put so much into this mod project. It would be great, if we could finally see it bear fruit in shape of a full release of Stirk. I know you are aware of the importance and I appreciate your effort that has gone into release relevant things, which is one of the reasons, I wonder, if it wouldn't be a better thing for me to look after your quest files to see, if I can extinguish the bugs, they still have.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'll upload new models piece by piece, so you can have a look while I move forward.

You need to make the double doors activators and add the same script to them that the direnni double doors in skyrim-data have. That will make them work. Those dubious xnif.files just need to be put into the same folder with the other nifs, but you don't add them to the cs.
Attachments
ayleid_doorstuff.7z
(3.76 MiB) Downloaded 283 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'm not sure, if I'll manage to make the remaining pieces for the next update. I've been really stressed out lately but I'll see, if I can do it. Maybe it depends on if infragris wants to finish the galleon stuff for this data update aswell. I would maybe use that time-gap to make those pieces then. Also, Roerich wanted to suggest some changes on the markarth tiles yet, if I'm not mistaken.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

The galleon pieces are my next priority, but I can't really tell when they will be ready. The interiors are being fiddly.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Here is what I have so far. Let me know what you think about the grate variants with the glowing rim, if I should keep them or stick with the default grate instead.
Attachments
ayleid_stuff_2.7z
(4.43 MiB) Downloaded 297 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

So unless someone objects, I'm going to ditch the glow-framed grate variant. After some ingame tests the effect these glowing additions should give, isn't really there.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I think that's the right decision. The glow isn't really convincing, I think. The doors themselves are very impressive, though.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I have not forgotten about this model request, but I've been struggling with the design for a while. This is what I currently have:
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... s/well.jpg[/hsimg]

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I think a square shape might look better, with a little pyramidal roof up top.

Thinking about it, didn't Necessities of Morrowind have a good imperial well model? I don't know how they are in terms of permission, though.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I've been hoping you would forget about the broken variant, since I knew it would be very difficult to pull of well, but it's done nevertheless. See the internal download section.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Would it be anyhow possible to get all needed models and model updates for Stirk posted until the end of this week?

Then I could start to create the last PC_Data- update and Stirk could finally get finished aswell. Our content gets older and older each day and just getting this little windswept rock behind ourselves would be a great relief.

Also, I could finally put the first version of Tamriel-Data together for testing.

Edit: @Infragris: I would also need the creature/levelled creature - entries you made for Stirk.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Leveled creatures and the tiger lily update are in data update. I won't get the goldenrod meshes ready by the end of the week, sorry. I have a major project due by the fifteenth of august, and it will be impossible for me to dedicate much time to the npc files until then.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Alright, thanks for posting what you have, nevertheless. I'll be a bit more patient then.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Very small proposal/request: could someone make an alternate version of the "pc_dice_vr.dds" texture where the one pip is replaced with a decorative red diamond?

Return to “P:C Asset Development”