PC_Data - Requests

Model, texture and sound development of P:C
worsas
Project Administrator

PC_Data - Requests

Post by worsas »

Feel free to use this place to request additions to PC_Data.

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

Can we get "Sky_In_Rock_04_29" ported into PC_Data? I use it quite often in my SHotN cave claims and would use it in PC caves too if we had it. It's the rectangular one. Thanks.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Tes96 wrote:Can we get "Sky_In_Rock_04_29" ported into PC_Data? I use it quite often in my SHotN cave claims and would use it in PC caves too if we had it. It's the rectangular one. Thanks.
I would like to keep that one SHOTN-exclusive.

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

worsas wrote:
Tes96 wrote:Can we get "Sky_In_Rock_04_29" ported into PC_Data? I use it quite often in my SHotN cave claims and would use it in PC caves too if we had it. It's the rectangular one. Thanks.
I would like to keep that one SHOTN-exclusive.
Why?
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Why?
Because they give caves a certain atmosphere that I would like to reserve for Skyrim.

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

worsas wrote:
Why?
Because they give caves a certain atmosphere that I would like to reserve for Skyrim.
Okay, sounds good.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

A reverse request: I've gone through the current PC_Data library for books that need to be removed. Lots of new books are additions from Skyrim and Oblivion, and occasionally refer either to gameplay mechanics not present in our version of the world, or to historic events from Morrowind. I've erred on the side of caution and also included books that have little to do with Imperial culture and Cyrodiil - I'd prefer our literature to have a clear purpose in he gameworld. The following books should be removed from PC_Data:
- PC_bk_aevarstone-singer: specific to Skaalculture, which is almost unknown in Cyrodiil
- PC_bk_capndugalsjournal...: a unique set of books found in the Thieves' Den DLC for Oblivion - an area which we will not be adding in our mod, unless I am mistaken.
- PC_bk_Herbane...: three books detailing creatures found in Skyrim. These creatures do not appear in Cyrodiil. It is also implied to be written after the events of Oblivion.
- PC_bk_HorkerAttacks: Horkers are featured in Bloodmoon, but they are not hostile.
- PC_bk_mythormenace: this book talks about events of Morrowind (the Nerevarine, the Thieves Guild questline) in the past tense.
- PC_bk_tamrielicartifacts: this book is almost completely identical to two vanilla books: Famed Artifacts of Tamriel and Tamrielic Lore. As all these artifacts are only found in Vvardenfell, we have no need for this. We can write our own Guide to the Artifacts of Cyrodiil, once we have a couple stored up.
- PC_bk_TheBookOfTheDragonborn: written in 3E 360, after our time period. The whole Dragonborn thing is really none of our business.
- PC_bk_thesecretwordsofvivec: there is a reference to Sotha Sil's death, which dates it after the events of Morrowind. It's also really not appropriate information for our Cyrodiil.
- PC_bk_travellersguidetoempirev1 & 2: these are a variant of the PGE 1. Well-written, but superfluous if we're going to include the PGE 1 and 3. Also, very long.
- PC_bk_varietiesofdaedra: another reference to the main quest of Morrowind being finished.
- PC_BookSkill_conjuration3: the Doors of Oblivion has been included twice. I'm not 100% sure about this one, as it is implied to be written after the events of Morrowind. It's a case of interpretation, though. Possibly, we could include the writer somewhere in the Imperial City - or even have a quest which leads to the publication of this book.

There are also a couple of books which we may decide to keep, but will need editing:
- PC_bk_followersofthegrayfox: will need to be edited, depending on what we do with the Thieves Guild.
- PC_bk_guideto...: series of guides to the Cyrodiilic cities. Will need editing to mention new features and layouts of our cities.
- PC_bk_manualofspellcraft: needs some slight editing: the book claims that spellmaking and enchanting is restricted to high-ranking Mages - these services are freely available in Morrowind. I'm also not very fond of the "personalized" scrawlings: books like this have multiple copies, and should avoid this kind of unique detail.
- PC_bk_modernherectics: this warrants either a rewrite or complete removal, depending on what we do with our Daedra cults. Either way, this information is no longer correct.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Infragris wrote:A reverse request: I've gone through the current PC_Data library for books that need to be removed. Lots of new books are additions from Skyrim and Oblivion, and occasionally refer either to gameplay mechanics not present in our version of the world, or to historic events from Morrowind. I've erred on the side of caution and also included books that have little to do with Imperial culture and Cyrodiil - I'd prefer our literature to have a clear purpose in he gameworld. The following books should be removed from PC_Data:
- PC_bk_aevarstone-singer: specific to Skaalculture, which is almost unknown in Cyrodiil
- PC_bk_capndugalsjournal...: a unique set of books found in the Thieves' Den DLC for Oblivion - an area which we will not be adding in our mod, unless I am mistaken.
- PC_bk_Herbane...: three books detailing creatures found in Skyrim. These creatures do not appear in Cyrodiil. It is also implied to be written after the events of Oblivion.
- PC_bk_HorkerAttacks: Horkers are featured in Bloodmoon, but they are not hostile.
- PC_bk_mythormenace: this book talks about events of Morrowind (the Nerevarine, the Thieves Guild questline) in the past tense.
- PC_bk_tamrielicartifacts: this book is almost completely identical to two vanilla books: Famed Artifacts of Tamriel and Tamrielic Lore. As all these artifacts are only found in Vvardenfell, we have no need for this. We can write our own Guide to the Artifacts of Cyrodiil, once we have a couple stored up.
- PC_bk_TheBookOfTheDragonborn: written in 3E 360, after our time period. The whole Dragonborn thing is really none of our business.
- PC_bk_thesecretwordsofvivec: there is a reference to Sotha Sil's death, which dates it after the events of Morrowind. It's also really not appropriate information for our Cyrodiil.
- PC_bk_travellersguidetoempirev1 & 2: these are a variant of the PGE 1. Well-written, but superfluous if we're going to include the PGE 1 and 3. Also, very long.
- PC_bk_varietiesofdaedra: another reference to the main quest of Morrowind being finished.
- PC_BookSkill_conjuration3: the Doors of Oblivion has been included twice. I'm not 100% sure about this one, as it is implied to be written after the events of Morrowind. It's a case of interpretation, though. Possibly, we could include the writer somewhere in the Imperial City - or even have a quest which leads to the publication of this book.

There are also a couple of books which we may decide to keep, but will need editing:
- PC_bk_followersofthegrayfox: will need to be edited, depending on what we do with the Thieves Guild.
- PC_bk_guideto...: series of guides to the Cyrodiilic cities. Will need editing to mention new features and layouts of our cities.
- PC_bk_manualofspellcraft: needs some slight editing: the book claims that spellmaking and enchanting is restricted to high-ranking Mages - these services are freely available in Morrowind. I'm also not very fond of the "personalized" scrawlings: books like this have multiple copies, and should avoid this kind of unique detail.
- PC_bk_modernherectics: this warrants either a rewrite or complete removal, depending on what we do with our Daedra cults. Either way, this information is no longer correct.
Very good. I'll remove these right with the next update. If there remain interiors with these, one can use the version with the deprecated containers to deal with them.

I was foolish enough to add "the Doors of Oblivion" and possibly a few others to Skyrim-Data at some point. However, I'm not responsible for the book additions in PC_Data. I usually try to ensure that a book addition makes sense in the context of our time frame and the version of Tamriel, we are in.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Ayleid Scrolls! Included are bookart files for ten Ayleid texts, to be used for magical scroll loot in Ayleid ruins. Also two .esp files: one has the scrolls set up to be included in data, the other is a test file which adds the scrolls in a chest in Seyda Neen. For now there are no actual enchantments associated with these scrolls.

[hsimg=]http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a58 ... sz0zmr.jpg[/hsimg]
Attachments
PC_Ayleid Scrolls.7z
(118.01 KiB) Downloaded 327 times

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

Would these be appropriate to add to Smoke Hole Cave were a couple Sload may potentially reside?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Not really - these are just examples, no actual scrolls with magical effects have yet been added. Also, these are explicitly Ayleid artifacts - while it is of course possible for others to get their hands on them, we want to keep them somewhat exclusive to Ayleid ruins for the time being. Lastly, Sload can't read, because they are gross slugmen.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Just posting it here, so I won't forget about it.
Why don't we have an indoor version of the "PC_Ex_GC_CM_Win_01" windows already?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I would like to let you know that I have just finished creating a massive update of the SHOTN-Data files, which I have been working on for the last three days. I'll not jump into creating the update for P:C just now, as I would like to have 1-2 days of something else before I move onto the next massive task. But it is very high on my priority list, though.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Leon wrote: And while we have a new imperial fort set; "PC_in_imp****"
Those assets are way more diverse compared to the vanilla "in_imp****" and therefore we might need a version which uses
those new models with the vanilla textures so that those models extend the vanilla imperial tileset.
Our own imperial fort set is intended to replace all instances of the vanilla forts, at least in the west of the province. We have lighter textures than vanilla in pretty much all places, which I think works great to show the climatic difference between the very warm Cyrodiil and the more northern Morrowind and Skyrim. But I figured that the texture of our own imperial set looks a tad too clean ingame. I'm going to tweak the textures yet.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Leon wrote:My interior claim PC_i2-25 is bound to the vanilla tileset because the exterior of that claim also uses the vanilla tileset.
Right now it does, yes. But those pieces will get replaced via search&replace on the next occasion along with all other instances of the vanilla imperial fortress objects in the gold coast.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Leon wrote:We also need a GC version of this tower (interior), for Brina Cross ect.
Wait - there is no such tower in Brina Cross, is there?

Also, as far as I can remember, the Brina Cross towers don't even have doors. Maybe it doesn't make sense, but maybe it would also be effort spent on things that will be completely overlooked by most players.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

But this interior mesh doesn't fit the exterior models, so simply reskinning it won't do it. We'd have to come up with a new mesh, which raises the question if that's really worth the effort.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I think it's worth making an interior for those towers. Even if we don't do anything with the Brina Cross towers, doesn't mean we won't need the tower interior somewhere else.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I think I'm still going to make a further retex of the stirk houses for the gold coast buildings and anvil houses, which should be a bit rougher in appearance than the stirk interiors and include those towers, too.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

That sounds like a good idea. Stirk's current textures feel a little too sophisticated for a simple fishing town.

griff
PT Modder

Post by griff »

would it be possible to include the Sky_WindowLight_128 into PC data please. there's been talk of the projects making a seamless world but when it comes to lighting nearly every interior is different.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Leon wrote:It's nice to have a GC version of the interior tower, but we also need a GC tower version where there are two holes, one for the entrance to the exterior, and one for the skywalk.
Can't you just put doorframes in that place? I wanted to make variants with holes first, but it seemed very inflexible compared to just using teleporting doors. It was already tough to make a functioning stair for this narrow tower and I'd like to work on something more enjoyable next.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

We currently have "The Madmen of the Reach" in PC_Data, which makes reference to the Forsworn. We'll probably remove all references to the Forsworn at SHOTN and just go by calling them Reachmen or refer to them by more specific tribe names. We used to refer to the Forsworn, but it arose concerns on the part of other people and it's a bit unclear, whether they only came into existence in the fourth era, as claimed by UESP, or not.

Another book from TES V is "The Alduin/Akatosh Dichotomy". In my opinion it would be better to remove it, aswell. We'll not touch the topic of a possible disparity of these two at SHOTN and we haven't included the book over there, either.

We are getting so many new, well-written books that we can easily find substitutes for their instances in the gameworld.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Yeah, we can do without those. Books like that would just become redundant if the player can journey between Cyrodiil and Skyrim.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Author wrote:We also need icons for the pirate maps, Pirate Cutlass, Goblin Axe and the icon of the Pirate Saber needs to be redone.
The pirate saber icon seemed to be fine ingame (although the cs-preview picture seems kaputt), so I haven't changed it. But I have added all missing icons to the data files.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

CS preview icons can often appear buggy, but be fine in game.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I think it makes sense to keep using the vanilla cellar tiles for now. I'll see about the imperial tower issue. I'm maybe going to upload a quick update of the data files this week.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

The Anvil chimney should be ok for the gc-retex of the com houses.

There will be substitues for the missing imperial stuff, you mention, including the doors.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Author wrote:Can we have Sweetrolls?
Here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... oll_01.nif

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Author wrote: Also, Worsas, I really want a GC tower version with holes in them (interior) so that we can finished Brina Cross.
I'll do this if nobody else is working on it.

Return to “P:C Asset Development”