Dragonstar: Nord Barracks (Sky_iRe_Ds15) [Tristior]

View and discuss completed claims
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Dragonstar: Nord Barracks (Sky_iRe_Ds15) [Tristior]

Post by roerich »

Nord barracks, mirroring the Crown barracks on the other side of the wall. Should have some beds, training room, mess hall, armory etc. Should also show some more traditional Nord warrior culture compared to the Redguard surroundings. Think Boar-Snout clanhall in Karthwasten.

T_Nor_FurnP

Location number 15 on this map:

The exterior can be found here (make sure to use the latest file)
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

I'll pick up this one too, if that's okay. I think having two different projects at once will let me switch between them with fresh eyes (rather than getting frustrated with one and having to come back to fix it later).

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Great! Grant
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

On a second note, could you make the entire basement of this a jail with 4 big cells? Shadowkey had a separate jailhouse in Dragonstar East. This is thus a barracks for the city guard and the main jail. The castle has a dungeon too, but it is used for important prisoners and treasure.
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Here y'are. I used the Helseth banners because I saw them on the castle (although that might have changed since I last checked) - I do know they're probably placeholders.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds15.ESP
(46.59 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

This is looking good as always, but again I have to say that this is much too small - it should be almost double this size. The T_Rga_SetReach_I_TileAddon_02 indicates the size of one T_Rga_SetReach_X_House_05, and you've only used one here. Perhaps see the Karthwasten Guard Barracks for inspiration.

For now, I'm unsure about changing it. Mostly because we need to move forward. But keep it in mind for the future - we don't want too much difference in interior dimensions between different cities, and Morrowind interiors have always been larger than their exterior shells, so don't worry about it not fitting 1:1. Always opt for a tile more in the exterior in that case.

If you want to extend it, feel free.

Other than that, I really like this interior - it has just the right atmosphere for some battle-hardened Nords serving as guards. The jail is really cool as well, but keep in mind that these thin hallways can be troublesome to navigate for NPC's. Generally stick to the size of one floor tile, with a few exceptions.
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

That's all really good feedback - thanks. I'm heading off on holiday tomorrow, so I won't be able to extend it myself, but I will indeed keep that in mind for future interiors.

With the narrow hallways, I was going for a claustrophobic feel and playtested to make sure the PC could navigate them. I definitely don't think we should put an NPC in there (we could put a table and chair for the turnkey upstairs, maybe?)

Hope that's okay.

Iskuss1418
PT Reviewer

Post by Iskuss1418 »

Is this finished?

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Speak to Roerich. The exterior has drastically changed, and I think there's still ongoing work for the interior.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I tried to alter the exterior to better fit the interior, but there's still some minor changes to the interior decoration in the future.
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Would you like me to make those changes, under your direction?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Thanks, but no need. I consulted my Clever-Man, and he told me to alter the exterior to the interior instead of the reverse.

Merged with Section File.
- Taniquetil

Return to “Completed”