Markarth: Commoner home (Sky_iRe_Mk21) [Outlander][Reviewed]

View and discuss completed claims
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Markarth: Commoner home (Sky_iRe_Mk21) [Outlander][Reviewed]

Post by roerich »

Home of an old and senile Nord male veteran of the War of Bend'r Mahk. Originally from Kynholm, but settled in Markarth Side after the war. Has had many wives, and even more children. Some of them are still living with him. Despite his old age and less-than-intimidating figure, he is a stern house patriarch.

T_Nor_FurnM & T_Imp_FurnSky

Location number 21 on Markarth claim map 3:

The exterior can be found here (use the latest file)
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Outlander
PT Modder

Post by Outlander »

claiming

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Grant!
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Outlander
PT Modder

Post by Outlander »

first draft of the house. i need some opinions on this:

1. i planned this as a 1-part interior and then realised that the chimney of the fireplace doesn't reach the roof of the interior. i improvised a little bit to "hide" the missing part.

2. i made chambers for two of the veteran's children on the first floor. please tell me if the size is appropriate or if the chambers are too small.

the veteran himself has his room on the second floor. a third child is living either at the other end of the second floor or in the cellar.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Mk21.ESP
(9.56 KiB) Downloaded 159 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

1. i planned this as a 1-part interior and then realised that the chimney of the fireplace doesn't reach the roof of the interior. i improvised a little bit to "hide" the missing part.
usually you add a second chimney and rotate it upside down. But your custom solution looks better, in this case
2. i made chambers for two of the veteran's children on the first floor. please tell me if the size is appropriate or if the chambers are too small.
They are looking like the best you could get in this limited space.

Isn't the interior a tad too dark,, though? Maybe use light sourcese with 256 radius in most places. Otherwise this will be as dark or darker than a cavern.

Outlander
PT Modder

Post by Outlander »

worsas wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:04 pm
usually you add a second chimney and rotate it upside down. But your custom solution looks better, in this case
They are looking like the best you could get in this limited space.

Isn't the interior a tad too dark,, though? Maybe use light sourcese with 256 radius in most places. Otherwise this will be as dark or darker than a cavern.
thanks for the response!

i am not finished with the arrangement of lights. maybe i will lighten up the interior in the settings alltogether, i copied them out of some other MK interior but have a feeling it might be too dark overall.

Outlander
PT Modder

Post by Outlander »

finished.

as mentioned before, the house patriarch lives on the top floor. there is some weaponry stuff scattered around to remind of his days as a war veteran.

his daughter and younger son live in chambers on the ground floor. an older son has a bigger living space in the cellar.

i think the lighting turned out good btw.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Mk21.ESP
(22.29 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Moved to reviewing.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

To merger:
- Exterior shell is moved
- Northmarker needs rotating
- Taniquetil

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

reviewing

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Name: Sky_iRe_Mk21
Clean: Yes
Lighting: Too many lightsources causing visble green bug*
Northmarker: NA
Fits exterior: Yes
Pathgrid: No, added
Illegal to Sleep Here: Yes, correct
Gridsnap: Good
Shell: T_Nor_SetMarkarth_X_House_02

Bleeders:

Floaters:

Other:
replaced deprecated books
*removed most of the standing lamps, altered the base lighting to a warmer setting, used the orange light trick with the fireplace
removed a chest in one of the side rooms to make it slightly less claustraphobic
cluttered the main table
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Mk21 reviewed.ESP
(25.52 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Merging with Markarth Section File.
- Taniquetil

Return to “Completed”