Dragonstar: Yoku Crypt (Sky_iRe_Ds37)

Claim Interior work
roerich
Project Administrator

Dragonstar: Yoku Crypt (Sky_iRe_Ds37)

Post by roerich » Sat May 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Yokudan crypt traditionally used by the Crown rulers of Dragonstar.

Should be a cave interior with some makeshifting done, to give the impression of a Redguard crypt without us having the necessary assets present. Redguard crypts are described as being sometimes more lavish and larger than their houses, but I don't think this should be the case here on the border of Redguard lands, but if a talented interior modder can pull something off, please give it a try.

Either we use a cave for this, or we can perhaps the disguise the Imp crypt set in some way...

Location number 37 on this map:

The exterior can be found here (use the latest file)

Tristior
PT Modder

Re: Dragonstar: Yoku Crypt (Sky_iRe_Ds37)

Post by Tristior » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Well okay, here's my look at the Yoku Crypt. Not strictly a claim, yet. Also please note that I flubbed the naming convention in both the file and cell name.

This is just a shell, testing out the tiles, and there will be much to make it Redguard-y and to distinguish it from a Cyrodiilic tomb. Each spoke off the fountain room is intended to have big stone sarcophagi (something like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 14a368.jpg) and it would be nice to do some creative lighting (maybe a beam of light coming down into the fountain). If you can suggest anything - ANYTHING - that could stand in for these things I would love to hear it. I'm aware I've already mixed far too many sets already just making this.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds_37.ESP
(8.54 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

roerich
Project Administrator

Post by roerich » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:05 pm

If Infragris is fine with the Redguards using this set here, then it's okay with me.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:15 pm

The imperial crypt? Well, not much to do about it, and the set does feel somewhat generic. By all means use it.

Tristior
PT Modder

Post by Tristior » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:31 am

Any suggestions for the other stuff? And like I said on Discord, I'm a little worried that the Imp Crypt set will get updated and utterly invalidate anything I do here.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:28 am

Hmmm. Some of the design notes for the underground of Sutch called for the use of unique pillar and wall meshes, combined with a cave tileset. If you can hold out for those, it would likely be the best choice for this interior.

roerich
Project Administrator

Post by roerich » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 am

That sounds like a great solution, and a way to further justify the Sutch set. Let's put this on hold for now.

Tristior
PT Modder

Post by Tristior » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 am

Agreed.

Return to “Unclaimed”