Markarth: College of the Voice (Sky_iRe_Mk18) [Tristior][Reviewed]

View and discuss completed claims
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Markarth: College of the Voice (Sky_iRe_Mk18) [Tristior][Reviewed]

Post by roerich »

college.jpg
Imperial College of the Voice.
"His Majesty Emperor Tiber Septim. Founded the Imperial College of the Voice in 2E 860. May his voice shake the mountains."
Interiors of the Imperial College of the Voice, found in Markarth. Should include a central hall, two or three auditoriums, a library, martial practice rooms, study rooms, storage. Most of the college is underground. Dorms, dining and common areas of the students (and teachers) are in the "tavern" style building behind the college.

The Imperial Archaeological Society has rented some basement rooms from the college. Claimant should connect the loose IAS rooms in the attached ESP, or remake the rooms in the MK basement set and reuse the detailing. How much to keep is up to the claimant. The IAS area can be a bit smaller.

T_Nor_FurnM and T_Nor_FurnR

Background: The Imperial College of the Voice was originally an Imperial institution through and through. Founded as a martial academy focused on remilitarising the use of thu'um, it has mostly failed to live up to its original purpose. The teachers have very little if any prowess in Kyne's gift, and the institution has not been able to supply the Legion with a steady supply of Tongues. That's more or less the harsh reality, although YR's PGE1 notes are biased and it might have had more success at one point:
"In gratitude, the Emperor has recently endowed a new Imperial College of the Voice in Markarth*, dedicated to returning the Way of the Voice to the ancient and honorable art of war. So it may be that the mighty deeds of the Nord heroes of old will soon be equaled or surpassed on the battlefields of the present day." *"Septim's new college is staffed by hacks and charlatans ~ the so-called Grand Master is said to have formerly earned his living as a street performer in Windhelm ~ the students are scions of the most obsequious Nord families, hoping to curry favor with Tiber Septim's New Order ~"
Nowadays its more concerned with teaching "Nordic virtues", ancient Nordic military tactics, history and the legends of thu'um. There's still Tongues around, but they are rare. The college also functions as a way for the Colo-Nordic nobility of Cyrodiil to up their Nordic street cred and reconnect with the fatherland. A lot of Nordic princes are sent there as well, and it might be a good place to build alliances.

The exterior can be found here (use the latest file)
Attachments
Sky_Roerich_College_IAS.esp
(52.77 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

chef
P:C Head of Exteriors

Post by chef »

bumping past the sundered hills claims

chef
P:C Head of Exteriors

Post by chef »

Cut from the latest Markarth section.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Mk18.esp
(55.21 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Granted to Tristior. Godspeed
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Ready for review.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Mk18.esp
(118.55 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

reviewing

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Pushing back into development.

The claim exceeds the 1000 ref limit interiors have and needs to broken up into multiple cells for performance reasons. For a standard shell I would maybe do this myself, but this shell has too many parts and will likely involve redesigning certain sections, so is better handled by the claimant.

Minor in comparison note, the Talos tapestries used are the ones from TR's "Talos Cult" (the ones from vanilla who want to kill the emperor), I am assuming the placements deliberate given that hall being disused but just want to be sure of that.

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Split.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Mk18.esp
(126.86 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

Reviewing

Vern
PT Modder

Post by Vern »

reviewed

Name: Sky_iRe_Mk18
Clean: yes
Lighting: sunlight too high, swapped out having six window lights for just two with larger radii
Northmarker: correct
Fits exterior:
Pathgrid: mostly good, removed extra nodes and overlapping paths
Illegal to Sleep Here: yes, correct
Gridsnap: 4 grid

Bleeders:

Floaters:

Other:
replaced the T_Nor_SetMarkarth_I_Floor_01 in the caern with T_Nor_SetCastle2_I_Wall_01 possibly not ideal but did look better in the circumstance
added a cave wind sound to the cavern
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Sky_iRe_Mk18b
Lighting:
Pathgrid: mostly good, added some nodes around the stairs.
Gridsnap: was off grid, made it 16

Bleeders:

Floaters:

Other:
rescaled the books, scaled up the shelves to accommodate.
fixed scaled miscs
deleted some random entries out of some of the larger series with less relevance to the college, to encourage exploration on the players part.
deleted the entire poison song series as its a very morrowind-centric series, replaced with the " Grand Alliance" series
removed the extra volumes from the codified law collection, kept the core set as its approved for control use in places of studies, but its encoded and censured nature makes large copies outside of specific institutions improper.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Sky_iRe_Mk18c
Lighting: Settings good, added extra light sources to the IAS room since it looked overly dark. Braziers were causing greenlight so swapped to their alternate. (Same radius but greenlight was less noticeable, doesnt make sense to me either)
Pathgrid: removed extra nodes in several rooms, added pathing to the IAS room.
Gridsnap: was off grid, made it 16

Bleeders:

Floaters:

Other:
replaced the sabres with a pair of Nordic swords (local education) and a Katana (fun). Those sabres are subject to revamp due to their style being inconsistent with other items.
fixed scaled miscs
replaced the portrait of sobeski with a less identifiable one.
put a door on the IAS room
deleted the closet in the IAS room, blocked the shelves beside and behind it
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Mk18 reviewed.esp
(174.94 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Merged.

Return to “Completed”