Druadach Highlands (Sky_xRe_17) [Scamp]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

Druadach Highlands (Sky_xRe_17) [Scamp]

Post by worsas »

A claim for updating area 17 on this map:
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... claims.jpg[/hsimg]

Please, stick to a minimum of required changes.

Region Discussion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=645" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

I'm taking all the claims! Hah! (Claiming)

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

3 X grant!

Enjoy
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

There is a cave entrance somewhere hidden on the backside of this or one of the neighbouring mesas, which should get removed.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Whoo, more Scamp's magic coming soon! Neat.

Let me know which cells you're grabbing from my ongoing claim, so I can remove them from my file. I'm not doing any work in these areas, so just serve yourself. :) Also note there is an interior (Sky_claim_berrial, I think?) in one of mine border cells here.

I think some cells from this claim (according to the claim map) are still included in my Dragonstar file? They should have a "delete" word in their names iirc. You can grab these if you want, along with the southernmost cells from Dragonstar claim, or you can leave them to me. Regarding them, I know of an ugly seam in the cliffside of this mesa, south of Dragonstar, somewhere near that Reachmen camp I added to that narrow canyon, that badly needs covering.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Certainly no magic here, since I'll not be making many changes.
berry wrote:[...]my ongoing claim[...]
Hm... which one? As far as I can see, the only claims I need to steal cells from for the whole mesa would be Dragonstar, berry 02 (which is in Reviewing) and berry 01 (I guess I'll just take them from the file I recently edited for those waterfalls).

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Yes, but both my Druadach claims are included within my forest claim (currently claim #20). I needed them to finish the road network, and I did some fixing (cliffs, vertex colours, misplaced grass) at the same time.

I haven't touched these cells since claim #11, so getting them from that file should be ok.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Last thing that I keep forgetting about: Can you delete the instance of Sky_Ex_Ruin_Nord_Tower_01, if it's still there. We'll use something different for nordic fortress ruins.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

worsas wrote:Last thing that I keep forgetting about: Can you delete the instance of Sky_Ex_Ruin_Nord_Tower_01, if it's still there. We'll use something different for nordic fortress ruins.
Sure thing.
berry wrote:Yes, but both my Druadach claims are included within my forest claim (currently claim #20). I needed them to finish the road network, and I did some fixing (cliffs, vertex colours, misplaced grass) at the same time.

I haven't touched these cells since claim #11, so getting them from that file should be ok.
Ugh, I must admit all this merging of different claims and files spread all over the place is making my head hurt. I get your point that it's much easier to work this way depending on what you're doing. Still, for someone who hasn't paid attention all the time it's very hard to follow which files are the latest ones to use right now. Anyway, I think I get it now. Cheers!

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Scamp working on exterior claims again? Exciting!

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Yes, but I'm currently being very slow with it. I promise I'll hurry up with this when I got some coding stuff out of the way.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

No problem, Scamp. You certainly don't need to apologize to me for taking your time, considering how long I've taken on Karthwasten's NPC stage. I'm excited to see what you come up with, no matter how long it takes.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Well, I believe we settled for keeping the amount of changes in these old mesa areas to an absolute minimum, so your excitement will have to wait until I get my hands on the next mesa ;)

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

worsas wrote:There is a cave entrance somewhere hidden on the backside of this or one of the neighbouring mesas, which should get removed.
So, is it this one in -110,3? Cave Reach 33?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

So, is it this one in -110,3? Cave Reach 33?
Yes, that seems to be the one. We should put it in a place where players are more likely to come across it. The same goes for one of the two cliffside caves I added to the farmland mesa back in the days.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Ok folks, here it is. I suppose Worsas should take a quick look and see if fits his vision on what had to be done with the mesa region. If it's good to go, we can send these claims to review (everything in one file here, splitting this up again would be too tedious).

Changelog:
  • reduced container plant average amount so that it's about 30
  • fixed bugs introduced by recent cliff changes
  • removed ex nord tower 01
  • fixed texture seams
  • replaced boulders and rocks with dirt on top where there shouldn't be boulders with dirt on top
  • resized trees so that the average scale is 1.0
  • removed cave 33 (the interior was empty anyway...)
  • added some detail here and there
  • maybe other things I forget about
Attachments
Scamp_Mesa_Remastered.7z
(877.12 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Everything looks very polished to me.

I noticed something I seem to have forgotten about in our new region planning for Druadach highlands B: The Persarine. it would have needed to get removed and only kept in Vorndgad Forest and Aldkarth Lowlands.
But since the Persarine has been switched for the Bearclaw Flower in Vorndgad Forest, I think it would be great just to keep it here, so we still have two regions the Persarine can be found in.

Also: I think we should consider giving the Druadach Highlands B a separate name, after all. It's strikingly different from Druadach Highlands A. The region is completely flat, more or less and the container plant composition is also different. Maybe Druadach Plateau?

Other than that let's try to connect to this mesa via Druadach Highlands as quickly as possible. We already have all interior finished for this mesa and it would be a more than impressive showcase to have a piece of connected land that big. :D

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Have we? I don't remember that we've interiorised those Redguard village houses on that mesa, it's entirely possible that they were done and I have since forgotten though. :)

Yes I agree we are churning out the overhauled and finished areas, well done Scamp, looks great.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Thanks. Regarding the name, I thought it was supposed to be Western Highlands (some of these cells had that region name applied to them previously), though Druadach Plateau seems to be a very fitting and unique name to me.

I remember making these mesa house claims available for claiming a while back. You can still find these on the old forums.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Lol I even made some of them. Nevermind :)
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Great to see more progress. I took a quick run around in-game, and apart from few bleeding grasses in ruins in Haimtir everything is nice and smooth.

As for the names, I like Druadach Plateau(s), too, it has this Breton sound. I like the name Braig Cnoss as well, that roerich I think came up with for Mesa # 1. How about taking following approach in regards to the naming pattern:
  • Braig Cnoss + yet unnamed Scamp's Mesa #2 + the third mesa = Druadach Plateaus; Reachspeech names are used by the tribes and Orcs maybe, while the Plateaus term is more official, academic, used mostly by Bretons, Redguards and Altmers.
  • Druadach Plateaus + Druadach Highlands + Worsas Canyon = the Druadachs; this term would mostly be used by Nords and even more outlandish citizens of Tamriel. These people wouldn't really care about differentiating one part of this area from another, it would be shun down as a whole as a bad, dangerous place - for example a Nord commoner in my chicken quest speaks about "the cursed Druadachs"
I also tried to make a Reachspeech name for Worsas Canyon, using invaluable Hrafnir's article. What about Caiar Druad - a canyon that was born from crying, lamenting?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

berry wrote:Great to see more progress. I took a quick run around in-game, and apart from few bleeding grasses in ruins in Haimtir everything is nice and smooth.

As for the names, I like Druadach Plateau(s), too, it has this Breton sound. I like the name Braig Cnoss as well, that roerich I think came up with for Mesa # 1. How about taking following approach in regards to the naming pattern:
  • Braig Cnoss + yet unnamed Scamp's Mesa #2 + the third mesa = Druadach Plateaus; Reachspeech names are used by the tribes and Orcs maybe, while the Plateaus term is more official, academic, used mostly by Bretons, Redguards and Altmers.
  • Druadach Plateaus + Druadach Highlands + Worsas Canyon = the Druadachs; this term would mostly be used by Nords and even more outlandish citizens of Tamriel. These people wouldn't really care about differentiating one part of this area from another, it would be shun down as a whole as a bad, dangerous place - for example a Nord commoner in my chicken quest speaks about "the cursed Druadachs"
I also tried to make a Reachspeech name for Worsas Canyon, using invaluable Hrafnir's article. What about Caiar Druad - a canyon that was born from crying, lamenting?
These all sound like great proposals to me.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I like the name Caiar Druad as well, but I'm not as happy with the name Druadach Plateaus. Druadach Mesas is a tiny bit better in my ears, but I'm not fond of that either.

A bit late to say this, but actually I'd rather have the term "Druadach Highands" apply to the region as a whole (the southwestern Reachlands), and the name "the Druadachs" only to the mountainous formations.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I'd rather just call it all the Druadach Highlands too.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

We should of course have names that are not cell names but placenames mentioned in dialogue and lore, like Braig Cnoss or Foyada Mamaea in vanilla.
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

If Druadach Plateaus sounds wrong to you, I have no problem with keeping it all named Druadach Highlands. I only thought it would do this different region setup more justice to give it an own name.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

This claim is in Sky_Main, approved.

Return to “Completed”