Aldkarth Lowlands|Vorndgad Forest (Sky_xRe_20) [berry]

View and discuss completed claims
berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Thanks for giving this a go, worsas, you are invaluable. :)

Sure, I'll add the mistletoe around. I figured you'd actually be against adding it now, in the spirit of avoiding any unnecessary work :P but it's not a big deal at any rate.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I think having the mistletoe used sparingly would be good. Usually hidden deep in the forest, a semi-rare and magical herb. Sought after by herbalists, shamans and alchemists alike. We could reflect this with the price of the ingredient, somewhere between 40-60 gold.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

The mistletoe is really difficult to spot, btw. not sure if it should be placed too sparingly. Otherwise it might go completely unnoticed.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Finished. This update might not look spectacular, but I ensure you guys the progress here is huge.

Changelog:
  • removed all draft cellnames from wilderness cells; made Jorhod's Lodge a named cell; made it legal to sleep in "The Reach, Abandoned Log Cabin"
  • fixed around one hundred of various bugs all around. Tedious.
  • I tried to simplify the design of the waterfall valley from my first claim; there were just too many various points of interest there. I removed the Direnni tower and the stone circle, as well as the Sky_In_Cave_Rock_04_21_1 stone bridge.
  • changes to Reachmen sacral places: I tried to create an uniform style in which we can create the sacral places of the Reachmen, adjusting cells -109, 6; -110, 10 and "The Reach, Criagach Saide Burial Grounds". Also made some additional detailing and fixing in the latter.
  • placed many leveled creatures around the wilderness, mostly goats and birds around the Druadachs.
  • Karthgad changes: the biggest change I did here was placing this big Bear Clan banner by their lodge. I'd be fine with seeing that go, but I wanted to make it clear for the players the banner is tied with the Bear Clan. Since it's not a labeled activator, it might not be that obvious for someone new to this realm
  • all IDs should be now properly named
About the mistletoe... I'm sorry to say that, but I think it won't work well in current form. I tried to place it on 2-3 trees and it's just so damn hard to spot, even highlited by light bulbs. The branches should be just wider, stronger, and we should maybe aim for more ball-like look, like real life mistletoes, rather than this current branch-like approach.
Attachments
Clean_Sky_xRe-VF_20_fin.esp
(11.08 MiB) Downloaded 206 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I see what you mean about the Mistletoe. I would just leave them as they are for now and see if we have time to fix them later.

Claim 20 finished... That would only leave us with claim 12 now. After that one we won't have to worry about interference with npcing anymore and everyone can work on what he wants. Actually, looking at the claim borders claim 12 only touches with roerichs markarth claim just south of the ferry. One could probably make that claim without having to worry about the markarth claim since that area will stay as it is anyway, as far as I'm considered, at least when it comes ot the terrain shape.

What do you think? Do you have the capacities to deal with 12 still? If needed I could put my hands on it, but I'm not really fighting over it. Just wondering, if that would create some space and time for you to finish Dragonstar maybe, unless you are hoping for a major influx of resources from the data merge when it comes to Dragnstar. I don't know for sure. Just thinking aloud.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Hmm... Claim #12 would be mostly about adding that little farmstead, right (because we did the revising work already, at least for the forest part of this area)? I think I can handle it, then. First I want to get these two quests done though. I'm moving in two weeks and it's possible I won't have an access to CS for God knows how long, so I'm wary of taking any new major obligations. But these three claims? That should work just fine.

I'll try to update the Dragonstar file before that too, but the changes would probably be limited to removing cells Scamp used for revising Mesas, and adding your new Redguard armor to the Crown guards. Also, indeed I think data merge would be vital in giving final vibes to the city, but the majority of work needed here is about finally developing the wilderness around town. So from my side, the need of merge is not that much of a concern, as the lack of time is. :P

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

This claim is in Sky_Main, approved.

Return to “Completed”