Midkarth County (Sky_xRe_09) [berry]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

Midkarth County (Sky_xRe_09) [berry]

Post by worsas »

A claim for updating the area labelled 9 on this map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/stmw0yp43laui ... claims.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This claim is dependant on the outcome of the Markarth claim.

Related discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Location map thread:
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

============= CLAIM UPDATE =============

The original map is now outdated with regard to this claim. An updated outline of this claim area can be found on the map below.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

If that's okay with everybody, I'd like to complete this claim alongisde the MK claim, merging them both for the time being.

My reasoning is there's isn't really enough work to do here for it to be a full-blown claim, plus it would be more reasonable to work on this with a bigger picture of Karth basin in mind.

Additionaly, let's not forget how sexy it would be to have all the exterior area from Dragonfields to Falkheim finished already. :P

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

If you haven't included this claim yet, you can take the cells from the below file.
Attachments
Sky_xRe09.esp
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 205 times

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Sure thing, I'll just move it to claimed but you don't have to upload a file here. Just post it together with the rest in the Markarth thread.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hey berry, after claiming that last bit of druadach highlands and skimming through our old notes, I remember again that we had the great intent of primarily distinguishing the grassy druadach highlands from the midkarth county by making the former a distinctive bushland, while the latter should remain much less bushy and more grassland-like.

Make sure not to place too many aggressive rocks and bushes.. And I'll make sure to do the reverse.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

No worries, I've been trying not to exaggerate here, keeping the changes rather minimal, following the Midkarth conceptualization thread's guidelines. The biggest change I did was replacing the Breton tower in -104,16 with a Nord one, as to my understanding it was too deep within the 'core' Skyrim. I kept the one in -110,18 though.

I plan to post the finished file in the evening or tomorrow, tops.
worsas wrote:If you haven't included this claim yet, you can take the cells from the below file.
Thanks, I had cut them from the rest exteriors file already. Are those any different? I can redo these cells again with that file as a basis.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Thanks, I had cut them from the rest exteriors file already. Are those any different?
Nope, those are just the plain cells cut from the RestExteriors file. I had them, because I was considering taking this claim some time ago. Now I'm working on 08 instead. :D

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Ok, that's a relief. :P The file could still come in handy in removing these cells from the rest exteriors file, right? I think naming the cells of claim #9 distinctively (eg. "DELETEME"), loading this file together with the rest exteriors one, with this one as the active, merging the two files, removing all the DELETEME cells in TESAME and then resaving the rest exteriors file in CS for the landscape refs to disappear as well should do the job easily and sterilely? If so, I can take care of it.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

that would be one possibility. Alternatively, I can handle the cell removal with the help of the quick editor, too. However you like.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Well, I supposed there was a more simple way, but none I could come up with :P Anyway aforementioned method seems to work, I posted the file on the internal boards.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Approved.

Return to “Completed”