Aldkarth Lowlands (Sky_xRe_29) [spineinside]

View and discuss completed claims
spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

Uploaded burned village with flat ground and added an "opened" basement with a dark hole and a basket with apples of some kind of unlucky picker.

Unwanted Bushes removed

Attachments
Clean_Sky_xRe_29 RENEW.ESP
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 197 times

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Love that :) maybe you could try using Redguard wooden fort stairs for the basement rather than the levitation potion, for more permanent way out?

I'm sorry if you're annoyed with my constant remarks. As I've been saying, I absolutely adore this area, just trying to provide some constructive feedback. On many fields your work is much better than my exteriors.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

haha, no problem, it doesn't really contain big changes and as long as I don't need to make a total overhaul it's really ok and I appreciate yours and everybody's suggestions :D

And you're completely right about a leader if it's going to be a human hideout

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

Ladder added
Attachments
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

That's great, though you should either make it an unique reference with noPickUp script attached, or use one of static ladders (T_Nor_SetPalisade_Stair_01 is the most similar to the mesh you used, but there's also T_Rga_SetReach_X_FortStairs_03 or in_nord_ladder_02 for example). The ladder you used is a door, so it could be activated and it would awkwardly rotate then, like all non-teleporting doors do when they are activated.

Edit: I've only just seen the dark entrance in the basement :D genius. Is that another entrance to the cave across the hill, or a way to make the corner darker (if the latter, it should be an unique ref with noPickUp, just like the ladder)? Very clever either way.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

yeah, the dark hole is a proposition of a hidden cave entry, yet i don't know if it would be suitable for human or some hostile creatures.

Ladder changed for T_Rga_SetReach_X_FortStairs_03, blends perfectly.
Attachments
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 214 times

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Looks perfect :)
yeah, the dark hole is a proposition of a hidden cave entry, yet i don't know if it would be suitable for human or some hostile creatures.
How about goblins? They fit in well in ruined neighborhoods, as seen on Scamp's first mesa, above the border fort.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

To elaborate a bit:

The claim looks great, but I was already worried when reading the first time that you intended to orient yourself on scamps current claim. The problem is that scamps claim takes place in a completely different subregion of the Reach (Druacach Highlands) whereas we are in the Lorchwuir Heath (previously Aldkarth Lowlands) within this claim. You shouldn't actually aim for a similar densely cluttered look here in order to promote more distinction between the individual subregions. This was one of the main intends when we started to rework exteriors in the first place. Please, we should really start to keep ourselves oriented on neighbour areas rather than trying to outmatch other exteriors each time. A coherent whole is more important than always reaching for the next peak of detail. Sorry for the critizism. Please don't take it the wrong way. :|

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Hm, yes, it feels slightly off, especially when one's walking from Skyrim_Main's cell with the ruined house, the one you outlined. I didn't have much problem with spineinside cells themselves - I figured Lorchwuir can turn more rocky as it goes towards Hammerfell/Sundered Hills - but the transition itself is crude. Of course that means we're getting another subregion ("dry" Lorchwuir) for the Reach and I know we were supposed to be wary of this...

What can be done about it now, though? How I see it, we could:
  1. add just a few small rock groups to Skyrim_Main's cells bordering spineinside's claim
  2. replace some rock groups in spineinside's claim with larger gray rocks
  3. replace some rock groups in spineinside's claim with dirt landscape textures
These steps together should make things look more consistent.

I can take care of it, after all I was the one to suggest spineinside to make things more detailed, with Druadach mesas as an example, so I'm to "blame" here.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

berry wrote:How I see it, we could:
  1. add just a few small rock groups to Skyrim_Main's cells bordering spineinside's claim
  2. replace some rock groups in spineinside's claim with larger gray rocks
  3. replace some rock groups in spineinside's claim with dirt landscape textures
These steps together should make things look more consistent.

I can take care of it, after all I was the one to suggest spineinside to make things more detailed, with Druadach mesas as an example, so I'm to "blame" here.
Can't we just clear those small rockgroups and put grass there? It is supposed to be somewhat low-detailled grassland. While we are at it, can't we also clear the grass rocks from the claim and take this all as an arduous lesson of having to coordinate ourselves better in future? If spineinside agrees, I'm fine if you handle the claim adaption.

I'm sorry for breaking into this claim and basically destroying half of it. But it doesn't seem like a viable option to adapt previous work to mis-matched new claims each time. It must become part of our routine to closely look at neighbouring (finished) exteriors and possibly keeping those loaded alongside your claim to ensure that we are having a seamless continuation.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

worsas wrote: Can't we just clear those small rockgroups and put grass there? It is supposed to be somewhat low-detailled grassland.
Sure, but that would require a little bit more work I think. But probably not that much work as well, with Aldkarth grass ini still around. I can do it and merge it with Skyrim_Main, if that's ok with spineinside.

Still I'd suggest not to remove absolutely every little rockgroups, just makre sure they aren't a dominant feature anymore.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

Hello back,

I've landed myself in a fine mess with this claim so I have to retouch myself to take a final lesson :D
Sticking to rules I'll bring up the changes.

Edited:
Ok, Im terrible, but now Im back for REAL so...

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

And there we go...
Attachments
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 297 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Looks nice to me. The tents need a replacement, but for the most part this can go straightly into our main landmass. You've been to patiently going through this. Thankyou. :)

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

You guys are more patient than I was in this case :D

Berry, is it ok if i prepare a tent Asset suggested by you? I cannot find it in the data.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

This claim is in Sky_Main, approved.

Return to “Completed”