Stirk NPCs [Infragris]

View and discuss completed claims
Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Leon wrote: Are you sure that you can handle my lists of terror?
Here's a little reminder of my error report list's at TR, and yes, keep scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/forum/viewto ... 373#307373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And yes I fixed them all by myself because no one want to do that kind of shit, I guess the same will happen here at P:C.
[...]
I fixed like 1500 errors in TR and you still won't trust me? Damn you're hardcore...
I'm not sure who exactly you are trying to impress or what you are trying to prove (I never said you'd have to do any fixing), but I can assure you that all of your work is greatly appreciated. My post was rather a general reminder to everyone, it wasn't directed at you personally.
Quite honestly, if you find anywhere near as many errors in the Stirk exterior as you did there, I must be doing something wrong.

Ah, and thanks for doing these pathgrids. That really is work that nobody wants to do, so we should be glad to have it out of the way (I know we haven't agreed that you should be doing pathgrids... but I guess they're pathgrids, so we'll make an exception ;) ).

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

No, the entrance to the barrow doesn't exist yet. I didn't know whether one of us would step ahead and make an additional tomb in the first place. The person who will place the barrow entrance and link it to the tomb will have to take care of the northmarker aswell then.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I have looked at you barrow and I have performed some changes, mainly to cover up such seams as seen on the uploaded screenshot. Seams like these should always get covered with PC_In_Col_BarrCor1 or PC_In_Col_BarrCor2.
I also noticed the two rugs you sank into the bottom. I assume that they are supposed to be decomposing, so I have not done anything with them. I think that it works quite well with PC_Furn_Rug_Big_05, while PC_Furn_Rug_Big_04 doesn't look withered in the slightest. If I was you, I would only keep PC_Furn_Rug_Big_05 and remove the other one. Other than that, nice work.
Attachments
colovian_barrow_textureseam.jpg
PC_i1-ColBarrow02_worsas.ESP
(14.38 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

There is something I have spoken about with Scamp on irc: The seaground of the Abecean.

This is currently a huge area with a lot of underwater landscaping but little purpose for the player. We should encourage people to discover those underwater places by adding additional treasures on the seaground. 20 or more (mostly strongly) enchanted items buried in the seaground across the Abecean would be a good number. These treasures could be searched for by using 'Detect Enchantment', a spell that barely has any purpose in the vanilla game. Also, players may possibly get to see some of the underwater landscaping that way.

Does anyone have ideas for certain enchanted items or artifacts? They should be relatively powerful, as they will be hard to find and require a bunch of waterbreathing potions from the player to retrieve. Alternatively, it would be possible to add a weaker enchanted item and surround it with other worthwhile objects.

The local Stirk dialogue could have rumours about treasures found on the seaground.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
PT Modder

Post by TerrifyingDaedricFoe »

They could be relics of the ayleids, washed away from the sunken ruins by currents.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

How about a shipwreck with some artifacts of Bendu Olo?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

All Flags Navy remnants and such things is a great idea, or at least a number of sunken ships (military or merchant) from different ages and races (Colovian, Altmer, Redguard, Bosmer etc.) Some of them with ghosts, other with aquatic enemies. Should there be Dreugh around here?
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Sload I would think.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

This is getting a little bit off topic. I suggest we move discussion about new additions to Stirk and the seafloor to a new thread.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Leon wrote:If we can get all the interiors connected to their exteriors and adding the NPC's; then we could begin with the questing phase.
I don't know who got the main Stirk file, but the sooner we get this done the sooner we could begin with quest designing. :ugeek:
The npcs are being worked on by Infragris in a separate file. The main file with Stirk and the interiors is the one we are passing around in this thread and nobody is currently working on it. You uploaded the latest version.

Someone still needs to add your barrow to one of the islands and connect all currently unconnected doors. Also, this interior needs to be merged in and connected to the Ayleid Ruin of Wormusoel. After that the interior cells should receive their final names and Infragris npc file (when he's finished it) needs to get merged in and npcs added to their places aswell as their possessions being assigned to them.

And at some point in this whole procedure someone should take the effort of adding the treasures to the seaground as discussed.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Those files are dirty and unfinished. I uploaded them simply as a backup in case I tumble under a bus or something. I do not recommend merging them in anything you may hold dear.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Oh,okay. See, maybe this entire line of conversation shouldn't happen in the backyard of this NPC claim. I am easily confused.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Difficult to say. One the one hand, I'm pretty sure I could push a functional dialogue plugin out by next weekend or the week after, based on the prep work which was done even before I started with this plugin. On the other hand, I dont actually have the time to finish something like that by next weekend: I've recently given my four week's notice to my boss and he has responded by giving me every night shift until the end of October. I'm a little overworked at the moment.

More to the point, this dialogue claim de facto includes a lot of basic groundwork for the province as a whole, and I am not at all sure how well a basic, TR-style dialogue plugin will respond for our needs. Every mention of Morrowind needs to be scrubbed from the most elementary of responses. Not only are here a ton of dialogue topics to be filled in, there is also the framework to keep in mind: every piece of dialogue has to be accessible from main rumors and lore topics.

A question: how many people are willing to take up a basic quest claim? I think there are bout nine quests in total for Stirk, sort-of-including the main questline. I cannot finish all of them myself. I can provide outlines based on what was proposed on the old forumes, if people are willing to take them on.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

A question: how many people are willing to take up a basic quest claim? I think there are bout nine quests in total for Stirk, sort-of-including the main questline. I cannot finish all of them myself. I can provide outlines based on what was proposed on the old forumes, if people are willing to take them on.
I'd be generally interested in trying to implement a quest. I have been reading about it a number of times, but I've been lacking an idea and concrete incentive for starting work on one.

Regarding the general dialogue framework: Wouldn't it be sufficient to cover up all vanilla dialogue spoken despite the noLore variable all cyrodiil npcs have set on them? There are a few baddies from the official extensions like 'Solstheim', 'Almalexia' that still show up against all odds. Any general dialogue we want to have, we can create at need whenever there is a keyword in a spoken piece of dialogue that lends itself for a topic entry. However, we need to store general dialogue in a place where it is available for everyone so quests or new npc claims can build on top of them. And we need some kind of naming convention for journal entries, scripts, etc.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

If it's not too late, I'd recommend writing all dialogue out in a Google Doc before implementing it in the CS, to make feedback and edits less of a headache. This is the approach I plan to take for writing dialogue moving forward here and at Tamriel Rebuilt. Everyone with a link should be allowed to read and add comments to the document, though I believe it would be best to set it so only one person can edit the main text, to keep its content somewhat curated.

I'd also recommend limiting NPCs with unique to dialogue to about 20-30 percent of the population. There should be a healthy number of generic NPCs walking about to create an anonymous backdrop for the unique NPCs to stand out from, if that makes sense. Trying to write unique dialogue for an entire settlement can also very likely drive a person insane. Trust me, I've been there. :lol:

I'm a huge fan of your lore and literature contributions, Infragris. I can't wait to read what your write for Stirk's NPCS.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Leon wrote:These are the three ships, interiors, at the Stirk docks.
I will make the pirate ship and the shipwrecks around the island later on.
They look quite nice. I'm only not sure about the skeleton in the prison ship. There must be really grim conditions, if prisoners are left in their ship prison for decaying.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Maybe it would make sense to write up dialogue together. We will not only have informative topic responses, we also need many personalized greetings and topic responses from important and remarkable personalities on the island.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I could pitch into such an effort. Perhaps organize an Google Doc?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Alright, here's a text file dump. Have a gander at your favorite subjects, or ctrl-F the word "Placeholder" for unfinished stuff. Sadly, the dialogue conditions can't be exported this way (except the speaker ID), so some things might look strange: you have to imagine that many responses are subject to strict class- and location based limiters. there's also some dirty edits of vanilla topics in there.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTj ... niCkdE/pub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Due to *circumstances* I haven't been able to put as much time into this as I would like. As a matter of fact, I'm in a major crunch for the next couple of days, but, gods willing, I will have some time to wrap things up next week.

Some points to consider:
  • I'd like to include a fast travel option from Vvardenfell in the release, if possible. I wrote up a little mock-up somewhere before, where the player can catch a ride on an EEC ebony shipment from Ebonheart as a hired guard (since normal travel tickets to the other side of the world would be a little expensive). This is something that has little effect on the island itself, so anyone can do it if you want.
  • We should do something special for when the player first arrives on the docks of Stirk. Perhaps have the dockmaster notice you (by way of forcegreeting) and redirect you to the Census & Excise office, where the clerk does a little variation on Sosius Ergalla's paperwork routine. Purely optional, of course.
  • In the same vein, perhaps a quick introductory quest that guides the player to prominent characters would be nice. I'm not sure what shape tis would take, though.
  • The largest gap is in personalized answers and topics for the personalities of Stirk, which is closely related to quest stuff. it is my opinion that we should avoid personalized LGNPC-style answers unless there's a clear quest involved or if there is some important info we wish to impart.
Attachments
pc_stirk_topics_infragris_v0.31.ESP.7z
(17.2 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Due to *circumstances* I haven't been able to put as much time into this as I would like. As a matter of fact, I'm in a major crunch for the next couple of days, but, gods willing, I will have some time to wrap things up next week.
Sorry for all the pressure, man. I hope you do well.

I'll get started with some dialogue writing attempts this evening. Let's see what we'll end up with.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Here is my little contribution (now off to bed!):
Towering along the northern edge of the Imperial Province the Jerall Mountains separate the tropical forests and meadows of the Heartland from Skyrims tundras and ice-crowned peaks. While the southern fringe of the Jeralls is a densely vegetated area, little more than gnarled oaks and rudimentary pine saplings survive in the high zones along the boundary with Skyrim. Outside of the towns of Bruma and Artemon the Jeralls are sparsely populated and the Nords have left visible traces in custom and handcraft of the locals.
The Bruma Floodlands is an area to the west of the Lake Bruma known for its thick mangroves and dense network of waterways. The Red Ring Road of hundred bridges poses the only halfway secure route across this region, for which reason boat travel tends to be the preferred mode of transportation. Despite these adverse surroundings, several towns have sprouted along the shore of the great Lake Rumare, housing a multitude of native industries.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Needless to say, this dialogue is excellent. We really ought to put together similar province-wide dialogue over at Skyrim: Home of the Nords.

Some spell-checking. I highly recommend typing dialogue in Word or Google Docs prior to posting it into the CS. It's super convenient for editing and reviewing text.

Abecean Sea
everpresent -> ever-present

Akatosh
otherworldy -> otherworldly

Akul
brewn -> brewed

Altmer
isolationis -> isolationist

Argonian
dunious -> dubious

Arkay
through -> though

Bosmer
undercivilized -> under-civilized

Breton
excentricities -> eccentricities
breton -> Breton

Cocious Hassell
intellegent -> intelligent

Colovian Highlands
synonimous -> synonymous

Dunmer
sovereignity -> sovereignty

Go Nogro Wine
honeylike -> honey-like

Imperial Blades
ther -> there

Imperial corruption
theats -> threats

Imperial cult
the the Eight Divines -> the Eight Divines

Imperial guilds
al -> all
possesive -> possessive

Imperial Legion
outlawsand -> outlaws and

Julianos
he -> He
worldy -> worldly

Kynareth
Her priest -> Her priests
o observe -> to observe

Mehrunes Dagon
strenght -> strength

Nine Divines
te -> the

Ora Demergatur
burough -> borough
mismanagment -> mismanagement

Redguard
accomodated -> accommodated

Sload Oil
sophorifics -> soporifics

Talans Heritage Wine
their wines very sweet -> their wines are very sweet
aquired -> acquired

Tiber Septim
worldwith -> world with

Ungorth
brewn -> brewed
openend -> opened

Victus Pilious
knowledgable -> knowledgeable
succesful -> successful
succesful -> successful

Wolfsblood Wine
considerd -> considered

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Here are two more attempts:
The Iter Mir is a remote, volcanic landscape close to the borders of Cyrodiil, Black Marsh and Morrowind. The region is famous for its hot springs and the Lake Corrup, whose sulphurous water is a demanded good by alchimists across the Empire. Towards north the region gradually turns rockier until its hazardous woods give way to the high pasturages of the Valus Mountains.
Framed by the Valus Mountains to the east and the Heartland to the west the Serican Mors circumpass the second-largest jungle body inside of the Imperial Province. Its plateau landscape is crossed by two major rivers and littered with the fields of Nibenese rice farmers. The city of Cheydinhal, the very crown of the region, is a melting pot of most-different cultures and industries.
Feel free to disregard or modify these dialogue entries to your liking. Some of this is entirely made up, such as the name of the lake or the Serican Mors being a plateau landscape.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I like those region descriptions, they're pretty close to how I picture them myself. The Serican Mors as a plateau landscape should work out well, though i would like to keep the forest itself free of villages and farms, save for the rivertowns and defended cities. Most civilized Nibenese have an almost pathological dread of the deep jungles. The nearby eastern Heartlands or the Valley of Altars would work better as urbanized areas or Ascadian-Isles style farmland.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Update:
The pc_stirk_NPCs_v0.43.esp file contains the NPCs (obviously), but also all Greetings info and some generic topics like My Trade, Background, and NPC-specific dialogue.
The pc_stirk_topics_v0.42.esp file contains the previously posted topics, somewhat cleaned up and expanded.

Still left to do:
- Adding the NPCs to Stirk landmass with AI packages
- Further cleaning and fleshing out of the generic topics and talking points
- More unique dialogue
- Spellcheck, general testing
Attachments
pc_stirk_NPCs_v0.43.esp
(182.38 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
pc_stirk_topics_v0.42.ESP
(66.77 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I could look about adding the npcs, but I haven't done much with npcs yet and my mind has been occupied with other things lately...

For the time being I'll look through the file and see, if I can come up with some further dialogue entries.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I can do it myself, I just need to find some free time.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

UPDATE:
- Added NPCs with basic AI packages to the city and island.

To Do:
- Set up merchants and trainers
- Set up travel links between Vvardenfell and Stirk
- Expand individual dialogue packages
- Finish and merge basic dialogue topics
- Check Alarm settings and animations (possible custom animations?)
- Finish unique books (pirates notice, Imperial Decree etc.)
- Tweak location names (barrows, some of the houses)
- Testing, testing.

How do we feel about using some custom animations for sitting, praying, stuff like that? I'm think Antares' anims are free to use.
Attachments
Stirk v3.7.ESP
(32.59 MiB) Downloaded 174 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Good work, Infragris. I'm only uncertain about some of the three-level apartments only having one npc in them. I think that a mininum of two npcs could prevent players from collecting everything unnoticed. Also, objects need to get ownership assignment.

Tombs, caves and the ayleid ruin still need to be given their critters. I have only taken care of sea creatures, previously.
How do we feel about using some custom animations for sitting, praying, stuff like that? I'm think Antares' anims are free to use.
Feel free to point me at the ones the seem fitting to you. I'll include them with the next update.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Select all -> assign ownership -> "Shady Smuggler"

I'll look into moving some people from the docks and the bars into the apartments. Those places are a bit overcrowded anyway. Talking about the apartments, I was wondering if we could tweak their names a little bit: "Albuttian Apartment" or "Albuttian Family Apartment" instead of "Apartment of the Albuttian Family"?

I have to say, I really like the new barrows interiors. Very atmospheric.

Return to “Completed”