View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

Stirk NPCs [Infragris]

Post by worsas »

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I'd like to claim this for the time being.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

That is great news!

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I've poured all of the current info into a quick .pdf file, attached here. The total number of NPCs is 98, plus a random number of Town Guards and Pilious Guards. Currently, about twenty people are wandering around outside, mostly around the docks (I'll likely move at least another five out of their homes and on the streets somewhere). Classes denoted with an * do not yet exist, but would be useful to have: they are Scribe, Sailor, Fisherman, and Beggar.

Racial demographics:
  • Imperials 55
    • Colovians 39
    • Nibenese 6
    • Colo-Nords 3
    • Colo-Redguards 7
  • Redguards 14
  • Bretons 7
  • Altmer 6
  • Bosmer 6
  • Nords 4
  • Khajiit 3
  • Argonians 2
  • Dunmer 1
  • Orcs 0
Services:
  • 1 Alchemist
  • 1 Bookseller
  • 1 Clothier
  • 4 Trainers
  • 3 Healers
  • 1 Pawnbroker
  • 2 Spell Merchants
  • 2 Publicans
  • 2 Savants
  • 2 Ship Transport (Anvil & Ebonheart)
  • 1 Fast Travel Point (Divine Intervention)
  • 1 Smith
  • 1 General Trader
  • 1 Weapons Trader
  • 3 Tavern & Inn Traders
Overview of character changes:
  • Llaldir: formerly one of the nameless servants of Victus Pilious. A Bosmer housekeeper.
  • Volrine Wael: same as above, Breton housekeeper and cook.
  • Syro Neminus: formerly nameless, scribe working in the Town Hall and living in one of the apartment blocs. Assistant to Cocious Hasell.
  • Tynellion: High priest of Kynareth. Changed from Altmer to Bosmer (there were too many Altmer and not enough Bosmer in town, accounting for the near presence of Valenwood). Should not impact his character profile at all.
  • Haki: female Redguard, Knight-Forester. Priests of Kynareth were all male, didn't feel right for a feminine goddess. Also made her a member of the Knights-Forester, the temple guards of Kynareth. Replaces former IC priest Hakon. Note: this character will need unique Knight-Forester armor.
  • Ledaia Pelladia: removed "mistress of the Emperor" background, now just a normal retired noblewoman
  • Baranch & An-Anik: formerly nameless sailors on the Magnificent.
  • Resta Nigilus: captain of the Blessed of Stendarr. Upgraded to Shipmaster, now in charge of transport to Anvil.
  • Vilsa Lachverius, Haron the Peddler & Maelin: formerly nameless sailors on the Blessed of Stendarr. Haron sells amulets and other Daedra Worship trinkets on the docks, introduces these cults and their legality to the player.
  • Jo'Ra Ra & Asharib: sailors on the Snarleyohwl.
  • Edwyn Niniel: no changes to himself, but the house he guards is called the Vantinius Manor, owned by the Vantinius family from the Capital. The head of the Legion on Vvardenfell is a member of this family.
  • Josette Leclerc: named her shop Leclerc Fine Garments. Not sure if these shops have a name already, didn't encounter them anywhere.
  • Fennias Maxim: named his shop Maxim: Smithy & Repairs.
  • Jocylin Clodius: named her shop Harbor Gate Pawnbrokers.
  • Alva, Marina & Hesta: changed from Redguard to Colo-Redguard (did this for a couple of people, can't remember which)
Attachments
Stirk Demographics_v.1.0.pdf.7z
(68.84 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Whenever you come across something that needs to be added to PC_Data so you can continue with the npcing of Stirk, post it in the data request thread. Otherwise it might be forgotten about. The same goes for any of your books you are happy with.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Aren't paupers basically beggars?

Nice work on this so far, Infragris. These demographics look good.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Good point, yeti. Didn't see it in the lists.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Do we have naming conventions for NPCs and the like?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

How about using the naming conventions from the latest wip file?

Many of the npcs have been set up by TDF previously and I have changed them to the imperial race and extended/fixed dialogue filter scripts to account for the two subraces. You can find all of that in the previous thread, if you follow the top link. You will probably rework a lot of the stuff in that file, though. The naming scheme has been set up by TDF, so if there has been an official naming scheme at some point, it is found in that file.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

BTW, I am still working on this. I picked up a new job a couple of months ago, and it has sapped a lot of my free time. Progress is slow, but steady.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Infragris wrote:BTW, I am still working on this. I picked up a new job a couple of months ago, and it has sapped a lot of my free time. Progress is slow, but steady.
I wonder, if it made sense to work on the sea life around Stirk in a separate plugin that becomes merged with the NPCs later on. For example I would like to try to implement small fish swarms and other stuff to make it as interesting and as little dodgy as possible and look what else can be added to flesh out the general atmosphere.

Are you currently still writing the dialogue in advance or are you already doing CS work? If you work with the previous npc file, you could work work around the missing island of Stirk by adding a temporary interior cell called Stirk for dialogue filtering and clean it out with TESAME later. Vanilla has got an interior cell called Solstheim to have a dialogue filter for the whole of Solstheim, for example. It is a hackish, but functionable way to work around the limitations of the CS.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

If you do CS work... make sure you use this version. Doesn't have the pirate lair yet since it hasn't been reviewed, but the rest should be good to go from my point of view.

If you feel like you need to make any adjustments to layout/clutter/whatevs, give the word or just go for it. I don't think I remember what the deal was with all those _PC_FILLMEIN trader chests... I guess you might be supposed to fill them with appropriate things for the respective merchant to sell, that would make the most sense to me right now.

A little bit of a changelog here if anyone's interested...
-less banners & tapestries here and there
-adjusted some cloth lines
-merging of interiors and exteriors
-containers have been replaced with appropriate ones, some have been removed altogether
-some minor fixes (a lot of them related to error reports)
-signs have been replaced with our versions
-fixed lavander and wheat
-replaced all small dunmer chests with our versions
-ivy adjustments
-removed dunmer items here and there
-clutter density has been further reduced/optimized.
-exterior design changes (added new "backyard" area for the manor, adjusted very poorly decorated backyard in the upper quarter, ...)
-additional 'reviewing' (as a result, more minor bugfixes)
-grass adjustments
-added loot here and there Oh, before I forget, there's an interior garbage dump cell where I put everything I removed from the exterior. Interesting to see for everyone, I suppose, but I merely forgot to remove it. You might want to do so if you happen to clean the file anyway.
Attachments
Stirk 3.0.7z
(6.05 MiB) Downloaded 237 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

@worsas: feel free to start populating the sea, I don't think that'll lead to conflicts. I'll use your tip for the dialogue filtering cell, thanks.

@Scamp: thanks for the file. I think there will be a couple of world edits related to quests and personalities, but I'm going to see what is feasible first. One thing that could already happen is if someone could go through some of the shops and add/replace the new clothes and armors here and there. I remember seeing some rather dunmer-inspired shoes and robes at the clothier, for example.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Ah yes, the new clothing came after I made these changes... I think. Right now I'm rather short on time - is there anyone who could make these replacements?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'm currently editing scamps Stirk file, so I can remove a bunch of needless containers from PC_Data next. I'm also replacing the vanilla interior doors for our own stirk interior doors where they are left.

I might even do some of the clothing and fish static replacement while I'm at it. Depending on how quickly I can finish the current update. I'll be gone for vacation for two weeks beginning with this saturday. In any case I wish to finish the next Data update before I leave.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Small update on the Stirk file, but needed in order to avoid disappearance of some containers with the next Data version.
- replaced deprecated containers with newer equivalents
- replaced the vanilla interior doors with the correct stirk interior doors made by MwGek

I would have liked to do some more on this file, but I need to leave just now so I can depart timely tomorrow. :D
Attachments
Stirk v3.1.7z
(5.82 MiB) Downloaded 209 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Thanks, worsas. Have a good time!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Here is a version of the Stirk file where I have looked into fixing gaps and floating objects coming about by the recent book removals in PC_Data.esm.

This will be incompatible with Infragris' WIP file, if he has started to populate or even rename the interior cells already. I meant to start replacing the fish statics with our new fish containers and ingredients, but I thought it would cleverer to upload this file and ask for the status of your work instead of possibly wasting even more effort.
Attachments
Stirk v3.2_worsas.7z
(5.81 MiB) Downloaded 207 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Thanks for the update, worsas. I haven't started populating things yet - in part because I suspected these kinds of changes could happen.

Included are some WIP files to guard against computer failure:
pc_stirk_npc_infragris_v0.30.ESP: this is a file with all normal Stirk NPCs (excluding the pirates). In theory, these should all be finished. In practice, I'd like to keep them close for the time being: some outfits might need changing, and some minor NPCs might get cut in the final stages. Don't merge yet.
pc_stirk_topics_infragris_v0.31.ESP: just dialogue topics in this one. This file hasn't been cleaned, and a lot of dialogue in here is early draft: spelling errors, missing variables, disordered dialogue entries etc. Once finished, this should offer our NPCs a wide variety of topics to talk about.
Attachments
Stirk NPCs_0.31.7z
(24.88 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Does that mean I can move on and place the fish statics around and add fish to the water parts of the island for now? I think i could easily get that done over the weekend.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Go for it. Populating the island should be the easiest part of this claim.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

It seems as if the variable condition of your dialogue entries was broken. I get this error on loading the plugin:

And having finished loading, the variable condition referring to the variable in the PC scripts is gone. Perhaps that happened in that mentioned cleaning process.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

As I said, the file is still pretty dirty - it has not been cleaned and should not be used yet. The problematic dialogue entry is a placeholder, so the variables haven't been double-checked for errors. The plugin should be readable in the CS or in MWEdit.

EDIT: the specific problem here is that the offending variable has "active" instead of "PCNolore" in the second column. Probably mis-clicked when setting this up. It's already fixed for the next version.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Btw. I'm already pretty far along. I have done a lot of fixes and tweaks to the interiors, filled imcomplete containers, replaced the fish statics, added some of the newer armors and clothing to places and put a big amount of moon crabs and seagulls along the beach. Right now I'm spreading levelled creatures over the ~160 cells of the Abecean, basically copying the same three levelled creatures from one cell to the next, rotating them a bit and so and so forth. After that there will be some more specific additions of hostile sea creatures aswell as swarms of soldier- and jewel fish in chosen places.

But most importantly, I have developed spontaneous plans of adding 1 or 2 Colovian Tombs on the Island. They are relatively quickly made and they would be one more innovation over what people have seen years ago.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

A tomb or two would be a nice addition. Sounds like you're doing great work.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Here is an update, which incorporates most of what I wanted to do with the file.

- I added many levelled creatures to the sea and the air. There are more than 2000 levelled creatures spread across the Abecean Sea now. I have added variants of the regular fish with a smaller wandering range so they will stay together and appear as a swarm to the player.
- There were a number of errors in the included interiors, mostly missing beams on the interior tiles and stuff of that nature, which I have fixed.
- I filled all of the fillme containers in this file and renamed them according to the ints they are in.
- All fish statics have been replaced with containers and ingredients related to the fish inhabiting the Abecean Sea
- All instances of the thistle have been replaced with groups of Spike rice, which I think feel more fitting in this environment.
- All wispstalk mushrooms have gotten a light source.
- The lighting settings of the goblin cave have been changed to be more on the lightness level of other caves or tombs on the island.
- A Colovian Barrow has been added at the backside of Stirk. The interior still needs to get reviewed by Scamp.

Currently there are still some unlinked doors. PC_i1-38, Lower has got a cave door in it that currently leads nowhere. Also the Ayleid ruin of Vabriasel hasn't been linked to its interior yet.
It would probably be cool to get one more Barrow on the island or one of the little neighbor islands, but someone else would have to volunteer for that.

Opposed to what I said I would do, I have not deleted PC_Flora_GC_Shrub01. Instead I will probably just replace it with a nicer looking shrub in the next Data version. There are really many issues with the flora as unfitting color, missing collision objects, alpha blending issues and other things that need to be looked into for the next Data version. I would also like to do something with the Stirk houses. They aren't exactly beauties.

Also, I had some additional ideas for the faune. The one very colorful slaughterfish seems a bit repetitive as the main hostile encounter at sea, so I'm probably still going to make a orangeback slaughterfish for the Abecean Sea. There are two other creatures on my wishlist, but I'm not sure if I wouldn't be overstretching myself with them. 1. A more colorful seabird to accompany the regular seagulls. Also, I have come across that little bird ape concept by Nalin, when I had to download our old Stirk alpha from Tesnexus. That would be an extremely nice addition as a passive creature around Stirk. But maybe I want a bit too much at this point.
Attachments
Stirk v3.3.7z
(5.96 MiB) Downloaded 196 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Link? I would love to review that interior.
Could you maybe review it at the same time your new tomb gets added to the file, so we can have your new tomb and the reviewing of my tomb in a single update of the Stirk file? Yes, it is within that huge file. Sorry for that. Yes, I'm a fool.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Everyone can edit the Stirk file. Just rename it "Stirk v3.4.esp" and upload it again, when you're done. I only meant to suggest that adding your new tomb could happen at the same time the interior gets reviewed in this file, so we have one update of the big file rather than two tiny ones.

My suggestion: Upload your new tomb as a separate file in this thread here first. We review it together and when we're done, you download the latest Stirk file, if you haven't yet, merge it with your new tomb-file, calling the merged file "Stirk v3.4.esp", then you look for PC_i1-stirktomb1 within the merged file and perform your review. After that, upload the new Stirk file. Would that make sense to you?

Edit: Linking the new tomb to an exterior part could then happen in a separate update afterwards, preferably when Vabriasel and other doors get linked with each other. I didn't deal with that, because I have no idea where the door in PC_i1-38, Lower is supposed to lead to. Also pathgrids still need to be added to all interiors.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

worsas wrote:Everyone can edit the Stirk file.[...]
Sure, but please - if someone other than Infragris or Worsas works on Stirk at this point, please do not make any changes to any exterior or interior cell other than what you're supposed to be editing without a "general consensus". Also, we should clean the whole file once at some point, no need to make any changes here yet either.

I know this is basically saying "I don't trust you". But what I mean is: Stirk's exteriors and interiors are (other than a few points Worsas mentioned which nobody has objected to) finished. If you are not content with something, please open up a discussion or post an error report. These rules apply to myself, too.

Sorry for this weird, paranoid post.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Wow. I haven't reckoned with something like this!
I was actually a bit afraid of things being cleaned out wrongly and my most appreciated 2000+ levelled creatures disappearing, after reading you had cleaned the file. But you seem to know what you're doing and everything still seems to be in place. This means that you cannot only script and make and review interiors. You are a capable chap.

This is a big push towards a full release of Stirk.

Return to “Completed”