Stirk NPCs [Infragris]

View and discuss completed claims
Leon
PT Modder

Re: Stirk NPCs [Infragris]

Post by Leon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Infragris wrote:I'm wondering if it might be better to merge the NPC file directly into the mainland .esm and edit the quests on top of that, rather than to build/merge the quests with the NPC claim?
Well, it's going to be named PC_mainland.esm anyway when we are going to release it? Sounds good to me.
Lead Interior Designer & Quality Assurance at Province: Cyrodiil

Leon
PT Modder

Post by Leon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 am

I was wondering; what needs to be done on this before we can put this into finish and start merging the quests?500 posts already, yay!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:07 am

I was about to ask the same thing... :D

Edit: Maybe finish the move to the new data files (which should go relatively quick as soon as all remaining details are settled with TR)?

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:24 pm

A bit of testing, basically. Following things still need to be checked:
  • Rent scripts: rent rooms at the Safe Harbor and Sload's Tale in different situations (low disposition, not enough money, etc.)
  • Check if all the merchants have money and don't sell things they're not supposed to.
  • Stress-test crime scripts (get arrested, check if fines are deducted/stolen items end up in evidence chest in Town Hall.
  • Just basically see if nobody has inappropriate dialogue.
  • See if Cyrodiil topics don't show up anywhere on Morrowind.
There's also still a bit of cleaning left to do: there are a couple of dirty edits to Vvardenfell cells that, and some new/edited objects that either need to be cleaned or added to Data (a container or two and a static door, I think). I'd also like to add a small shrine to Kynareth on the summit with the new wayshrine stuff, once that's finished. It would play a small role in the main quest, and otherwise be a reward to those dedicated to exploring the island.

Sadly, I don't have any time to get into this until next week.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 am

Oh, another thing I'd like to do is define the three political factions (Imperial Curia, Colo-Nordic Nobility, Niben Hierophants) in Data, so that key people on Stirk can be added to these factions. This would open up more options for dialogue filtering, too.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Hey Infragris, what is the current state of this file? I have not patched it, since you might have worked on it in between. But I can still do it, if you wish.

Regarding those three factions... Add them to the file for now and let's include them in another version of the data files. I'm not very open to additions to the current version of Tamriel_Data anymore. If you call the factions something like T_Cyr_XXX they can be painlessly included in a future version of the Data.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:42 pm

Sorry, I've been very busy these last couple of weeks. I've tried using the translator patch, but the program kept hanging for some other reason and I didn't have time to work it out. Could you do the translation, please?

This newest file has the basics for the three factions added, along with a couple of bugfixes. Note that the extra stuff (lvld lists etc) that I uploaded in data contributions is no longer present in this file, meaning that it will give error reports if opened in the CS.
Attachments
Stirk v3.768.ESP
(33.38 MiB) Downloaded 23 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:13 am

Here it is. It went through smoothly for me. But maybe the version of the filepatcher you were using was outdated and had some bugs. If you are ever in need of patching something else, make sure to download the latest Tamriel_Data and use the filepatcher & translation.txt included with it.
Attachments
Stirk v3.768.7z
(6 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks. I'll give the file one last look-over, but I think we might just be done with this.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:25 pm

There are still some floating barnacles around the docks that used to be attached to one of the ships. But that is something Leon can deal with when he takes over. Apart from that everything feels very polished now.

The game crashes when you are arrested or you use divine intervention, but it seems to be a bug of the vanilla game (or something else in my setup breaking it). OpenMW handles it correctly, placing you at the respective markers on the island, when you are arrested or use divine intervention.

Leon
PT Modder

Post by Leon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:06 am

Infragris, can you grammar fix/check the remaining quests that are currently in the review thread, and merge them into the Stirk file, asap?
We can release Stirk in 2016 or in 2024, depending on how we look at it.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:39 am

I'll try to get them out by the end of the week. Been very busy lately.

Leon
PT Modder

Post by Leon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Damn, most containers in the latest Stirk file, are... gone. The ship interiors for example, all empty. :shock:
The new tamriel data did more harm then good.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:48 pm

Are you using the latest data files? Container IDs went through some changes.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:46 pm

You are most definitely using the outdated alpha version of Tamriel_Data. When I load the stirk file, all containers are there, also within the ship interiors.

The container ids had to be changed again, because they needed to be cropped to 23-24 letters like the creature ids. The game needs the last 8 positions to add a counter to the id of the container/npc/creature in the savegame. Container ids are a bit ugly now but it couldn't be helped.

Leon
PT Modder

Post by Leon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Can someone help me to locate the latest Tamriel_Data? Thanks.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 pm

It's one of the two download links at the top of this thread: http://project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is alternatively a download at tesnexus:
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods ... 4537&pUp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leon
PT Modder

Post by Leon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:06 am

worsas wrote:It's one of the two download links at the top of this thread: http://project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is alternatively a download at tesnexus:
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods ... 4537&pUp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, the containers are now fixed.
But yet another problem has emerged; I got a lot of yellow error markers across the island.
I'm using the latest Stirk file.
Attachments
StirkErrors31.jpg

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:02 am

At least two of those are water layer statics. The rest I'm not sure of, could be flora containers in the distance. I don't remember having any such problems on my setup (though I can't check right now). It could be that the Stirk file you are using is out-of-date, using a previous translation. I have a small update ready with dirty edits/bogus cell removals, will post it this evening.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:54 pm

well fuck. While I am not seeing the same issues as Leon, it does seem like all the flora containers have disappeared from the latest file. Strangely, other containers are still fine.This is probably due to the changes in container names, so it should be simple to fix. I'll look into it once I feel less tired.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:38 am

@Leon: You most-likely need to register TR_Data.bsa and PT_Data.bsa still (PC_Data is now redundant, btw). Your error markers mean nothing than that the CS doesn't find the assets.

The disappearing container plants- issue sounds more serious. In the above version they are still there, at least. I'm not sure how this would be caused by the changed container - ids, because they are already up-to-date in the above version. Did you do anything special with the file or did you separately patch a different version of Stirk with maybe an older translation.txt or an outdated version of the patcher program? In the worst case you might have to start over with the above file again.

Leon
PT Modder

Post by Leon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:03 am

worsas wrote:@Leon: You most-likely need to register TR_Data.bsa and PT_Data.bsa still (PC_Data is now redundant, btw). Your error markers mean nothing than that the CS doesn't find the assets.
Ah, I didn't registered TR_Data.bsa, lol. Thanks Worsas. :D

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Right, this version should be correct.
Attachments
Stirk v3.769.ESP
(33.51 MiB) Downloaded 26 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:50 pm

Alright, work on the Anvil dock set is mostly finished. Implementing it in Stirk will require some minor adjustments, but the set does not look out of place in my opinion.

I've gone over Stirk again, and besides some minor adjustments all is well. I would like to propose replacing the graveyard fence with the Anvil property wall set, which is used in other parts of the town and fits the local environment well. The graveyard fence is a mediocre quality resource + also used by SHOTN. I think we should drop the fence and use local materials only for future graveyards. One less thing to worry about.

The same cannot be said for the Crypt entrance (T_Imp_DngCrypt_Entrance...) and its door: these are resources from the same set, but part of the larger crypt dungeon tileset. I would appreciate it if someone could give the meshes a more detailed visual overhaul. At the moment, these are the lowest-quality mesh used on Stirk (besides the gravestones, which Saint_Jiub is rectifying).

I think we could release a Stirk beta by the end of the year or early in the next one if we implement the micellaneous quests and make a couple of small adjustments. Waiting for the main quest to be finished is not a feasible strategy in the long run: a large questchain takes a lot of time to iron out, implement, and test, while the rest of the project grinds to a halt. All but one of the island is there, and if we pack the finished main quest with a beta of the Anvil hinterland/Brina Cross area we could launch a second release in fairly short order.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:09 am

The graveyard fence is a mediocre quality resource + also used by SHOTN
The graveyard fence is currently there to support old exteriors, but it's not really used for nord settlements. So far there is only one sample at a supposedly imperialized town.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Are you thinking about Dunbarrow? It has been removed.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:07 pm

I think it makes little sense for each graveyard across the entire province to use the same style, is all. Cases where the same set style is used across multiple regions/culture spheres should be logical and consistent, like in the case of Legion forts and roads.

Leon
PT Modder

Post by Leon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am

Infragris wrote:I think we could release a Stirk beta by the end of the year or early in the next one if we implement the micellaneous quests and make a couple of small adjustments. Waiting for the main quest to be finished is not a feasible strategy in the long run: a large questchain takes a lot of time to iron out, implement, and test, while the rest of the project grinds to a halt. All but one of the island is there, and if we pack the finished main quest with a beta of the Anvil hinterland/Brina Cross area we could launch a second release in fairly short order.
I don't agree here. It wouldn't motivate us to work on something that is already released two times at that point.
Besides, the holiday is near which means more free time, but we have to make sure that the layout of the main quest is finished and ready to go, so that I can start implementing.
I'm almost finished with the Q1-6-Mis quest too. Having something to be released and knowing that we don't have to look back at it will be a huge relief.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:32 pm

I get what you're saying, but I feel like motivation is our main obstacle right now: a big questline requires, at most, two or three people. The single biggest complaint of mod users I've seen about province mods in general is that they never release anything: I think a limited beta might be a boon to pique interest before a more finished release.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:45 pm

I agree that we just have to release something in close, foreseeable future. If the main quest can be pulled off until then, I'm all of including it, but delaying the release for another two months doesn't seem like an option to me.

Return to “Completed”