Inspirational pictures

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Saint_Jiub wrote:It seems like you're saying that as a bad thing, but I actually really like the look of both of those cities as well:

A little cartoony, obviously, just because of the different aesthetic that Blizzard has, but the basic ideas are pretty cool.
No, this is not bad. I like this cities too. I hate 1-3 episodes for another different reasons :)
Spoiler
I think it will be awesome if someone do single player rpg about warcraft universe. Maybe about rexar or lord of the clans

Sssk
Forumite

Post by Sssk »

Saint_Jiub wrote:Naboo
If you like that, look at Dinotopia.

Sssk
Forumite

Post by Sssk »

Colovian soldiers.

(Art by Juha Makkonen)

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Kvatch Arena

Kvatch Castle

Lower-Class Kvatch Home (I absolutely love St_Jiub's V1 concept for lower-class homes, at least the materials and colors for the buildings. Some design elements like the high roofs and above-ground-level windows I like as well, though I feel the homes should be of less square a shape, something like the image below. Compare it to the V1 Design and impose the elements I've mentioned upon the shape of the home.)

Upper-Class Kvatch Home (These would be of similar color scheme, though utilize sandstone from nearby quarries and grey imperial stone in unison. Lower-class homes would attempt emulating this more luxurious design through beige paints upon plaster and cobblestone; as can be seen in the V1 Concept.)

Ancient Nedic Armor (From ESO. Not a huge fan of the entire design, but the etchings in the armor and antlers I think are amazing. Armor description within the game tie the design to the Keptu, Duraki, and Perena Nedic clans.)

Uriel V's Expedition Map (If we can get permission, perhaps this can be used as some artwork somewhere or within a lorebook regarding the expeditions.)

Lady N: "Circulated by every newspaper in the Empire for the duration of the failed invasion. People joke that the propaganda office printed more maps than there were citizens. While this is almost certainly false, it is not uncommon to find versions of this map acting as canvas for children’s drawings or as wall insulation."

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Colovian Highlands

(Higher regions, such as the Hammerfell border or transition toward the Jeralls)

Colovian Brush

Northern Bank of the River Strid (At least, from Kvatch through much of the Weald)

First image I feel is most indicative of my thought for the area, though with the cliffs being somewhat higher, so as to make cliffside locations more imposing; not to mention the river would be much wider. My idea for this is somewhat inspired on the following passage from Rislav the Righteous: "The winter rains had washed through the roads to the south, sending much of the West Weald spilling into Valenwood." Indicating to me a somewhat dry region save for seasonal rains devastating due to it's dried soil. That falloff on the right side of the first picture seems indicative of such a thing.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

These are great. Personally, I picture the Kvatch arena more as an amphitheater with seats on one side only - saves a lot of place. The architecture feels like a great fit.

That Nedic armor feels so generic. The antlers and patterns are nice, but they don't feel appropriate for the Nedes (antlers seem more of a Reachman thing, patterns are almost elven). And why platemail? There are actual lore books that explicitly say that the Nedes didn't have that kind of technology yet.

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Yeah, the amphitheater design makes more sense, as space would be at a premium with how Kvatch is situated.

As I said, I only like certain features of the armor. True Nedic would in fact look far different and more primitive, as you pointed out. However, I can see such designs in later-times inspired by Pelinal being worn by the Alessian Order, after some years of, if nothing else, sapping knowledge and materials from the Ayleids they were forced to share a civilization with. It's an interesting concept to me of the Alessians adopting the visage of Pelinal, in early years adorning it and harassing Ayleid citizens, eventually wearing it to battle when things got to their worst. I see the antlers having originated as a design of the Men-of-Kreath, and the design becoming popular among other Nedic tribes who fought alongside them.

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

I was thinking about oil lamps as new sources of light, they were extremely common in real world. Something similar to this:
ImageImageImage

And these, exotic Hammerfell versions of the lamp (might be very expensive and last much longer):
ImageImage

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

Another post from me, this time regarding Redguards (mentioned before in another topic):
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

If we eventually decide to flesh out Redguard culture a bit more, we need to have some Porcelain armor for sure. Nice pics.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

I know that we already have a lot of Colovian clothes, but I decided to look for some more inspiration and spent a lot of time finding these pictures :D Now, granted, we don't have to do any of that, since we already have quite a bit of stuff, but maybe it can inspire some new variants.

I've separated Colovian clothes into two categories:
1) West Colovians (with stronger Redguard/Mediterranean influence) - Stirk, Anvil, Kvatch;
2) East Colovians (with stronger Nord/Slavic influence) - Skingrad, Chorrol.

West Colovian Clothes

West Colovian Common Female:
ImageImageImageImage

West Colovian Common Male:
ImageImageImageImage

West Colovian Expensive Female:
ImageImageImage

West Colovian Expensive Male:
ImageImageImage

West Colovian Extravagant Female:
ImageImage

West Colovian Extravagant Male:
ImageImage

West Colovian Exquisite Female:

West Colovian Exquisite Male:

East Colovian Clothes

East Colovian Common Female:
ImageImageImageImage

East Colovian Common Male:
ImageImageImageImage

East Colovian Expensive Female:
ImageImageImage

East Colovian Expensive Male:
ImageImageImage

East Colovian Extravagant Female:
ImageImageImage

East Colovian Extravagant Male:
ImageImage

East Colovian Exquisite Female:

East Colovian Exquisite Male:

A lot of pictures :D But once again, these are primarily for inspiration. That's my personal general feeling about Colovian clothes fashion, not necessarily it's the same for everyone.

I will do the same for Nibenay some time later, it takes a lot of time
Last edited by vrolok on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Damn! Good job vrolok, these look carefully chosen and very fitting. I like your tier gradation, seems just right.

And I would like to post my favorite interpretation of Men-o-Tor in videogames - the Vagrant Story ones:
"Half-beast, half-human monster known for its expert use of a viciously heavy mace."
Minotaurs with tattoos of magic protection inscribed upon their bodies.

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

Nice minotaurs! We can totally utilize the tattoo versions of them as shamans or great warrior figures, that could be interesting.

I also thought about utilizing signet rings as a Colovian trademark. Since I have a few of them, I decided to post them here.

Colovian Rings

Colovian Common Rings:
ImageImageImageImage

Colovian Expensive Rings:
ImageImageImage

Colovian Extravagant Rings:
ImageImage

Colovian Exquisite Rings:

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

no complaints here.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

vrolok wrote:Nice minotaurs! We can totally utilize the tattoo versions of them as shamans or great warrior figures, that could be interesting.
I also thought about utilizing signet rings as a Colovian trademark. Since I have a few of them, I decided to post them here.
Funny thing, I had the same idea. Thanks for the reference pictures!

Nibenese glass lanterns (notice the diamond shapes):
Colored glass technology could be brought to Nibenay by fleeing Dunmer exiles/dissidents ages ago.

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

Very cool lanterns, I can totally see them in Cyrodiil. As for colored glass, it doesn't have to be a Dunmer thing. I am pretty sure it's not connected to volcanic Glass material, but instead a technology similar to stained glass, Imperials should know of it.

Some ideas for Ayleid fashion:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

vrolok wrote:Very cool lanterns, I can totally see them in Cyrodiil. As for colored glass, it doesn't have to be a Dunmer thing. I am pretty sure it's not connected to volcanic Glass material, but instead a technology similar to stained glass, Imperials should know of it.
Dunmer have stained glass technology too, that's why I mentioned it. They could discover it separately of course, but that wouldn't be that interesting.

And goddamn it, High Fashion is weird :D Bit it's fitting in this case.

vrolok
PT Modder

Post by vrolok »

Dunmer have stained glass technology too, that's why I mentioned it. They could discover it separately of course, but that wouldn't be that interesting.
I think it's okay, but I just don't know if Cyrodiil should mention Morrowind often. I would rather avoid connections to Morrowind where it's not necessary or organic, just to keep two provinces separate in the game and not remind players that they are playing TES III. It's a bit superfluous in my opinion.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I'd like to make a Morrowind connection where it concerns exotic stuff, like weird pigment colors, bug spice or weird imports, but for generic materials like stained glass we should definitely avoid it. Also, there are very little uses of stained glass in Vvardenfell proper, so it would be pretty weird. Otherwise, I really do like these lamps, and we should definitely feature them in the Nibenay.

EDIT: also remember, if you have one million sweet reference pics of something or other, make a new topic for it here in concept art. You don't have to keep posting only in the general thread.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

That's my bad, I'm the one who asked him to use the existing thread. I think it makes sense to have one "Inspiration thread" rather than a bunch of images spread out over the boards.

On stained glass, if we want to say it originated outside the imperial culture, it'd more likely be an Aldmeri or even Ayleid invention I would think.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

It makes sense to use the existing inspiration thread for one or two pics, but seeing the amount of new stuff we can definitely branch out for Ayleid fashion, Colovian clothing, etc.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Perhaps some use of tags would be of use in a thread like this.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

vrolok wrote: I think it's okay, but I just don't know if Cyrodiil should mention Morrowind often. I would rather avoid connections to Morrowind where it's not necessary or organic, just to keep two provinces separate in the game and not remind players that they are playing TES III. It's a bit superfluous in my opinion.
Infragris wrote:I'd like to make a Morrowind connection where it concerns exotic stuff, like weird pigment colors, bug spice or weird imports, but for generic materials like stained glass we should definitely avoid it. Also, there are very little uses of stained glass in Vvardenfell proper, so it would be pretty weird.
Fair enough. I, for one, would love to see more interplay with Morrowind, to somewhat subvert the notion of it being just "the weird province", and show the ways it can influence the outside world in subtle ways, especially being Empire's neighbor for millennia. After all, we have Cheydin Hall, Empress Katariah, Ebonheart Pact whoops :D et cetera et cetera.
Glassware of different colors seems to be pretty popular in Vvardenfell and Saint Delyn is the patron saint of glassmakers.
Well, that's my angle on it, at least.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

The Dark Brotherhood expansion for ESO included a new "Hide of Morihaus" set which is rather nice:

Something like this would be cool for Sancre Tor.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Saint_Jiub wrote:The Dark Brotherhood expansion for ESO included a new "Hide of Morihaus" set which is rather nice:
Something like this would be cool for Sancre Tor.
Didn't you make a concept art with something like this, Saint_Jiub? Or are you proposing a leather variant specifically?

iceflame542
Forumite

Post by iceflame542 »

Oblivion had Snow Gums in Nibenay, but they looked pretty mundane compared to how the real tree can look, and were too far south into the Blackwoods. Proper snow gums could potentially look good around the Cheydene Highlands or somewhere near Bruma or Artemon.

Also, this:

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Those do look very nice, thanks you. Would be perfect for one of the mountainous regions.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Burial practices of some Kynarian cults:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Colovia? Nibenay? Oh who am I kidding, of course this is Nibenay.

Shishkinbar
Forumite

Post by Shishkinbar »

I found interesting city plan. Maybe should use it for Mir Corrup?

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

Scheme looks like dres cities in TR.

Return to “P:C Concept Art”