Saint_Jiub's Art Thread mk. II

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Saint_Jiub's Art Thread mk. II

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Characters/Outfits:
Spoiler
Hierophant noblewomen:
Hierophant headdresses:
Traditional Hierophant costume:
Blind Moth Priest:
Colovian belts:
Countess Millona Umbranox:
Creatures:
Spoiler
Nibenese lich:
Tantha variants (Highland and river) - names are outdated:
Kelpii (AKA river-wolf) and Alphyn:
Deer & Nibenese farm animal (coutal name is outdated):
Tiger and painted leopard:
Architecture/Places:
Spoiler
Imperial palace:
Hierophant Spire-Fortress:
Dragonguard Temple Stronghold:
Highland Urban (WIP):
Misc. Items:
Spoiler
Colovian Tomb Clutter:
Deities, Shrines, Statues, Etc.:
Spoiler
Quarter Palm Shrine (Mehrunes Dagon):
Horned Negotiator Shrine (Boethiah):
Derelict Mysteries Shrine (Sheogorath):
Dried Lotus Shrine (Vaermina):
False Worm Shrine (Peryite):
Last edited by Saint_Jiub on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

SamirA
Lead Dev

Post by SamirA »

Some really good stuff in here we need to follow up on.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Millona Umbranox

Small update. Currently working on concepts for amulets/belts, lower/middleclass shirts for the Northern style, and a few new critters. Stay tuned.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

That is looking spot-on, Saint Jiub. Just wondering, if the lower part of this dress could be made by just adding a fitting skirt to the respective shirt or if the bracers call for a distinctive shirt aswell. Probably depends on whether clothing gloves can be bracers aswell. just making some practical considerations on this. Also, I should probably create some more claims for the concept pieces you and Ald Ma Cyrod have been posting, as soon as I'm done with the section maps for SHOTN.

Edit: Fixed wrong vocabulary.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Just tested it in the CS by assigning the iron bracer body part as a clothing piece- it'll still be classified as a glove in the engine, but it won't cover up the hand. And yes, just adding a skirt to the existing shirt is totally fine. Anything in the Characters/Cultures subheading isn't necessarily meant to show up in-game exactly as is, they're just flavor pieces for inspiration.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

I'm not great when it comes to architecture, but here's some preliminary ideas for Colovian buildings:
Colovian Architecture

Please ignore the [Vehk]'d up perspective on some of them :P

SamirA
Lead Dev

Post by SamirA »

I like those.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
PT Modder

Post by TerrifyingDaedricFoe »

I'm not sure about the blue roof for Skingrad. That colour strikes me more as Nibenese (Cheydinhal) rather than Colovian.

Edit: What about an earthy dark brown colour?

SamirA
Lead Dev

Post by SamirA »

Should have a dark and gothic feel to Skingrad for sure.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Colors can certainly be tweaked, though Cheydinhal should still have its purple roofs, IMO.
Colovian Leather

The upper-class version of Colovian fur armor. Not 100% happy with the helmet, I may work on an alternative design at some point.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

The look of Cheydinhal should depend on the designs and themes we want to have for Nibenese architecture in general, I think. I actually quite liked the flair of Skingrad in Oblivion, and we should definitely keep some of its dark atmosphere - those iron roofs on the towers, for example.

Love that Colovian armor, though the shape of the pauldrons reminds me of Ordinator armor a bit too much. The chestpiece feels quite like the description of Rislav Larich's klibanion mail.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Colovian Leather V2

Definitely see what you mean about the pauldrons, I think rounding them off helps alleviate the effect. Also made good on my threat and designed a few alternate pieces, being as how in terms of usage this will essentially be the bonemold of Colovia and diversity will be much needed.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

This is all very nice stuff. I'm currently mostly concerned with the Skyrim exterior work, thus not saying much on P:C - matters. But your Colovian Equipment seems to be actually relevant for Skyrim aswell, due to the Colovians in Western Skyrim and the climate. Would you mind allowing this to be a possible legion uniform aswell? (I'm sorry, if I sound like stealing your stuff away for Skyrim. It would be mostly to show Imperial culture in a foreign province)

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Hm, I definitely have no issues with you using it for Skyrim but I prefer it not be used for the Legion; I designed it specifically for non-Legion affiliated nobility. Maybe it could be used for the personal guard of the provincial government?

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

More Colovian armors, this time based on MK's foreign helms concept that he recently posted. Top row are the steel sets, bottom row is iron.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Amazing! But I think the Skingrad needs another helmet. Сurrent helmet suitable to captain of city guard or something.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Nibenese Lich:

Remnants of the 1st and 2nd Era mageocracy. Would supplement the use of the vanilla lich model from Tribunal.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Great! I believe that the all liches must be unique.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I love this guy, the moth in amber is a nice touch. So this guy would either be a pre-Akaviri battlemage royal or a member of the extinct First Era Priest-King caste, correct? Lore-wise, Mannimarco is supposed to be the first to perfect traditional lichdom, though the Ayleid kings seemed to know a similar trick - if anyone knows, it would be their human students.

On a related note, what would you imagine a Moth-Eater to look like, Saint_Jiub? They're supposed to be some kind of elusive Nibenese brotherhood of liches or something - literal soul-eaters. There's some mention of them in lore. I'm thinking of something Ascended Sleeper-like, though we are at liberty here to do whatever.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Infragris wrote:I love this guy, the moth in amber is a nice touch. So this guy would either be a pre-Akaviri battlemage royal or a member of the extinct First Era Priest-King caste, correct? Lore-wise, Mannimarco is supposed to be the first to perfect traditional lichdom, though the Ayleid kings seemed to know a similar trick - if anyone knows, it would be their human students.

On a related note, what would you imagine a Moth-Eater to look like, Saint_Jiub? They're supposed to be some kind of elusive Nibenese brotherhood of liches or something - literal soul-eaters. There's some mention of them in lore. I'm thinking of something Ascended Sleeper-like, though we are at liberty here to do whatever.
I wasn't able to find anything more on them but based on your description- something like this, maybe? We could rig it to the Greater Bonewalker skeleton.

Or would we want to go with something more esoteric? Based on the name moth-eater, I'm thinking something bat-themed.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

They're mentioned once or twice somewhere in the paraphernalia, I can't find the source right now. Supposed to be a sort of Illuminati-like presence. I'm guessing they could be some kind of liches or otherwise abominable - you'd have to be, eating moths in the Nibenay.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Alternate take on a moth-eater:

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Very nice concept art, but a bit too bat-like in my opinion. He reminds me a bit too much of the Vampire lords from TES IV. At the moment, we can get away with referencing the Moth-Eaters in dialogue and such, no need to nail down their style just yet. Also, we'll have to remember to add Moths-in-Amber as an ingredient or item somewhere.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

New concepts!
Revised helmet on the Skingrad steel armor:
Nibenese bronze armors:

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I like those bronze armor helmets. They look menacing - especially the Harn-Etar, that balance between the cool mask and the practical visor is very nice. Things like the snake-pauldrons are kind of ridiculous, but also very appropriate for the Nibenay. These designs are probably agreed on while everyone is high, you know.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Extremely cool designs there. Funnily, I especially like those little hanging diamonds on the cobra armor.

EridaniusNovatus

Post by EridaniusNovatus »

Wonderful!

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Here's a few creature concepts I made for Beyond Skyrim by painting over Skyrim models:

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Very nice. We should definitely include a kind of jungle spriggan variety. Ad I really like the look of this Lichs (?), especially the colors and the mask. Spot on for the Nibenay.

Saint_Jiub

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Thanks Infragris :) I made up a couple alternate mask designs as well to represent other ancient animal cults:

Return to “P:C Concept Art”