[Q1-1-Main] Stirk Main Questline [Miamian]

Post progress on your claimed work
Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

Reposting some ideas from Discord:

Regarding the very first part of the MQ: it would cost 429 gold to Travel (service) from Ebonheart to the Stirk docks. The service could be added to Titus Corilex (making him more of a generic captain) who would then refer you to an EEC NPC in Ebonheart if you can't afford the trip. The new EEC NPC would start the first quest as envisioned.

Rakanishu
Lead Dev

Post by Rakanishu »

More Discord ideas from 4/10:
Titus Corilex would have his travel dialogue replaced with a travel service (fast travel) to Stirk.

The quest start upon arriving on Stirk (by the boat fast travel, only the first time) via a ForceGreeting from a nearby sailor. Something about having to visit the Census and Excise bureau for a quick inspection, local authorities being paranoid. The Census officer then directs the player to the pirate issue (as do some local rumors).

"2.5 outcomes":
- Player sides with the Prefect, respects authority of the Empire, defeats the pirates and brings the corruption of the other parties to light
- Player sides with the merchant-prince, rakes in the money, defeats the pirates and sabotages/blackmails the other parties
- Player uncovers the corruption of the local nobility, but decides to support them anyway, restoring them to greatness by cooperating in their scheme

The last one being more of an optional, "join the 6th house" path, maybe not as fully fleshed out as the others.

Vilina helvor, the Baron's sister, is actually funding the pirates in a complicated scheme to restore honor and respectability to her clan. It's more morally ambiguous than the other two. Depending on the way the player sleuths the plot, it might not be as obvious to side with her as opposed to the other two. Although in the end she does plan to double-cross and kill the pirates.

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

It's a WIP of the first quest from the main questline. It is 90% ready (only the end phase is not finished).
Attachments
The_Other_Side_of_the_World.ESP
(40.12 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

Completed quest, ready for review.
Attachments
(39.26 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I'll try to give this a proper look as soon as I have time. Thanks for picking this up!

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

I've added generic dialogues from Infragris' doc.
Topics: Cyrodiil, Cocious Hassell, Victus Pilious, Vilina Helvor.
Attachments
(45.69 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Sultan of Rum
PT Modder

Post by Sultan of Rum »

Posting the first draft of the dialogue text for the Cocious Hassell part of the questline (In Defense of the Westernmost Shore) here for safekeeping.

The same text is also on this google docs link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Np ... sp=sharing

Feedback/critique welcome!
Attachments
Stirk main quest - In Defense of the Westernmost Shore.zip
(60.62 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Sultan of Rum
PT Modder

Post by Sultan of Rum »

Slight update to the above text, fixing all of the missing names. The google docs link is the same as above.
Attachments
Stirk main quest - In Defense of the Westernmost Shore v2.zip
(53.73 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

Added MQA1 quest (first quest for the Hassell part of MQ).
Attachments
(135.37 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

Update with a quest MQA2.
Attachments
(144.73 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

Update with quests MQA3 and MQA4.
Attachments
(201.91 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

Here's my playtest report:
  • Clicking through the dialogue with Geval after the Kynaret blessing stage I somehow skipped the step with the potion. I don't remember having the needed potion (of restore intelligence) in my inventory, but he suddenly starts acting as if I have given it to him.
  • These dialogue choices appear when you click "find an antidote" topic again before visiting Aurilie. I think the word "salve" should be dropped from the response as it gives away to the player the fact that he'll get the salve from the apothecary. It's meta knowledge. Without the word this response would appear as if the PC tries to give Geval something random from his purse.
  • Before venturing after the ring the player has this response choice, though he shouldn't know that he will bring the ring.
Stylistic suggestions:
  • About implementing a third person's reply in the player's response. Maybe it should rather be made like this: [allow Tynellion to speak] - and then Tynellions response comes as a system message (white text in dialogue window).
Overall, I enjoyed the questline very much! The moment when you repeat the Seyda Neen C&E procedures was not only entertaining due to her comments but also made the game world feel much more consistent. The acquaintance with the local power figures was cool. It showed that the town has a character, problems, and also some serious impending threat. The encounter with a previous governor was very dramatic (even though funny) and not only introduced you to the recent history of the town but also looked like I'm actually rescuing a person from the depth of degeneration. My only ask is to make it so we'll get an option to successfully cure him (since I expect that the Sheogorath ring will ruin him again).

Thank you, all, for your hard work on this!
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

File with corrections
Attachments
(210.95 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

I have replayed the quest from the point before going to Geval and until the granary search (I didn't find the paper :P). Some findings:
- This part of Geval's speech contains minor typos.
- Another small typo in the one last remedy entry.
- There might be a wrong response here.
- Some typos in Geval's final dialogue.
- Also, I made the Atmospheric Dictative quest before the concoction of the second cure was made and the alchemist invited me to help him with the dictative after that nevertheless.

Most of these probably need some topic shuffling in the dialogue window. And I know how tiresome it might be, so thank you!

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

Reminder for myself:
in MQA1:
- add dialogue for Geval for the time when we were sent to bring Tyrellion, but haven't returned with him yet.
- change the script to check if Tyrellion is near the door before his dialogue starts.
Attachments
The_Other_Side_of_the_World.rar
(108.76 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

Hey, thanks! I played it on my old save, OpenMW (that contained progress up until picking up the document in the granary). I got the password from the Khajiit in the tavern via drinking with him Ok. After that I went to the ship. Here's what I found:

- The mercenary didn't forcegreet me and I had no option to tell him the password (the only response was "No, I'm not").
- Upon collecting the ship log my journal entry said that I had got a sack of drugs.
- A small typo in the ship ledger: two redundant letters in the word jewelry.
- When picked up the sack there was no journal update (interacting with the moonsugar barrel did update the journal correctly. The sack mesh works correctly).
- After bringing everything to Hassel he only recognised the drugs and the moonsugar info. After there was a moment to present the journal my response was that I didn't find anything else.
Minor Suggestion:
- This woman should probably have a unique dialogue about the Snarleyohwl since she is part of the crew (a captain?)
- The door to the lowest deck trapdoor is clipping in it when opened.
Keep up the good work !

Miamian
PT Modder

Post by Miamian »

I've fixed the bugs pointed out, in addition I've improved the script of Victus' door guard who now ForceGreet us until we can convince him to unlock the door, not just once - same for the Snarleyohwl guard
Attachments
The_Other_Side_of_the_World.rar
(111.34 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

Thank you, I have tested it (Khajiit, male, OpenMW, on the old save):

1. this female Khajiit seems to be a part of the crew, so maybe she should get a unique comment under this topic.
2. the guard forcegreets me, but I can't give him the password, even though the sailor told me the code words. Also, maybe you can make him to attack you if you don't get out of the ship? Sounds hard, but otherwise it's very easy to bypass him. Alternatively, to not fight a guard you could make it how they made the Hlaalu guardsmen in Andas manor in Andothren -- they ask you, why you're in the restricted area, and if you have nothing convincing to say, the game teleports you outside the manor as if they led you out.
3. Upon giving the pieces of evidence to Hassel, he successfully accepts the ledger and the legal drugs, but then my dialogue options .end with "That's all". If I press it, he asks again whether I've found something andhere is an option to tell-give him the moonsugar. But from that point, the dialogue is in the loop and you can't finish the quest.

Everything else seems to work good 🙌

Return to “Claimed”