[Q2-1-Mis] Wreck of the Cassynder [Unclaimed]

Claim Quest & NPC work
Infragris
Project Administrator

[Q2-1-Mis] Wreck of the Cassynder [Unclaimed]

Post by Infragris » Sun May 22, 2016 8:04 pm

This quest is now re-purposed as a misc. quest in Anvil.

Through latest rumors, the player is alerted to the fact that a merchant living in Anvil is looking for help. Due to a pirate attack, the merchant has lost one of his ships, the Emperor Cassynder, off the coast of Anvil. Normally, such a thing would be written up as a loss, but since the wreck is so close to land, the merchant wants to try his hand at salvage.

Stage 01: there are two things of importance in the wreckage: a jeweled silver cup that belonged to an influential Nibenese aristocrat, and the ship logbook (probably waterlogged, but could still be interesting). In addition, the player can loot any other things they encounter that are still useful. The merchant will add a map marker and directions to find the wreck, and direct the player to a rowboat they can use (loaddoor, use the "ferry" door object).

Stage 02: the player travels to the wreck. The wreck is infested with Lamias, both inside and outside (a crack in the lower hull could lead to a small grotto with more Lamias). The logbook is better hidden than the silver cup. Intrepid player can read the logbook and deduct from its hints that the merchant was also smuggling some moon sugar, and dig up the secret hiding spot.

Stage 03: The player returns the objects that he found to the merchant: the reward increases based on wether the player found only one object, or more than one. Finding the drugs opens an optional dialogue tree, where the player can decide wether to: a. return the drugs to the merchant, for a reward; b. extort the merchant, keeping the drugs for yourself while asking for money (persuasion check); c. bringing the drugs and the logbook to the harbor master, who will offer a reward for them.

Leon
P:C Council Member

Re: [Q1-6-Mis] Wreck of the Cassynder [Unclaimed]

Post by Leon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:55 am

Claiming.

Let's wrap things up shall we?
Lead Interior Designer & Quality Assurance at Province: Cyrodiil

roerich
Project Administrator

Re: [Q1-6-Mis] Wreck of the Cassynder [Leon]

Post by roerich » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:17 am

Go for it, Leon. Release date in sight matey.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:47 am

Sure. Please use one of the existing shipwreck interiors for this: I think there is a suitable candidate not far west from Stirk, on the edge of a great chasm.

Note that this quest should no longer involve Pilious: as discussed elsewhere, misc. quests should revolve around secondary characters and not touch people important for the main quest (to avoid conflicts). Estarria would be the easiest questgiver, or perhaps the dockmaster, Fulvius Leclerc.

Also, feel free to shorten the quest if you see a way to do so.

Leon

Post by Leon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:58 am

Infragris wrote:Note that this quest should no longer involve Pilious: as discussed elsewhere, misc. quests should revolve around secondary characters and not touch people important for the main quest (to avoid conflicts). Estarria would be the easiest questgiver, or perhaps the dockmaster, Fulvius Leclerc.
If you can change/edit the quest in the first post, than that would be awesome. Fulvius Leclerc sounds good. Working on Estarria will give me headaches, as I need to edit the Q1-4-Mis quest while working on this one.
Seriously, multiple quests involving the same person will cause nothing but trouble and unnecessary stress.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Updated OP: the quest now revolves around a merchant called Caperno, who is not involved in any other quests.

Leon

Post by Leon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Sounds awesome, thanks Infragris. :)

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Any progress on this?

Leon

Post by Leon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Yeah, I haven't done much on this to be honest, but will upload an update this weekend.

I want to include this idea:
Infragris wrote:(optional idea: use the rowboat in the harbor that is normally used to travel to the lighthouse. Add a messagebox with a choice as to where the player wants to go)
But the problem is, that I have to edit the rowboat, which is not possible because it's the generic "PC_ex_rowboat_transport" object. So I need to create a whole new object, and where do I put the new rowboat, a lot of frustration you see as all of the quests I work(ed) on has to edit the main Stirk file one way or another which can only work if I actually make the quest within the Stirk file...

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Make a copy of the current rowboat with a unique name, attach a script and place around the same place as the current one. I will remove the original boat from the main file when merge the files.

Leon

Post by Leon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:27 am

It's not much, unplayable at this state and the scripts are broken, still, this is an update :P
Attachments
PC_Q1-6-Mis_Leon_01.ESP
wip
(7.15 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:03 pm

I don't want to make needless pressure, but I'm wondering, what's up with these last quest claims. Can't we try to get these completed finally?

Leon

Post by Leon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:15 am

worsas wrote:I don't want to make needless pressure, but I'm wondering, what's up with these last quest claims. Can't we try to get these completed finally?
Mainly because I have also other projects to work on, and the motivation working on this claim (and quests in general) isn't what it used to be, to be honest.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you will eventually find some time to finish these for us. But let us know, if you can't finish them at all, so that someone else can finish your work.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Any news on this, leon? If this quest proves too tricky we can maybe reschedule the idea for Anvil.

Leon

Post by Leon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:15 pm

As in my previous post; it has become impossible for me to find time working on this, sorry. Yes, it would be best to move this to Anvil, unless someone else is willing to claim this, if not, then Anvil would be good.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:50 pm

No problem, we'll keep this one back.

Return to “Unclaimed”