PC_Ayl_Guard [Reviewing]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

PC_Ayl_Guard [Reviewing]

Post by worsas »

Ayleid Guardian Spirit.

It is possible that a retexture and slight tweak of the Ancestor Ghost model could be used to create this resource.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'll see, if I can make a worthy implementation of the above concept. At least, I have started to get a hang of sculpting in the new blender (also thanks to a hint by SGMonkey) as you can see on the below screenshot. For the final model, I intend to utilize additional alpha planes to add finer lines as seen in the concept. We'll see how it turns out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... t_wip1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

That looks excellent so far!
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Oh this is good stuff. What do you mean by "finer lines"? I must say I'd rather see the opposite to achieve a more blurry ghost-y look and feel.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Scamp wrote:What do you mean by "finer lines"? I must say I'd rather see the opposite to achieve a more blurry ghost-y look and feel.
With finer lines I meant the fumes seen in the concept. I cannot really replicate the plasma substance as it is seen on the concept picture (with the limited possibilities of the old mw-engine at least), so I have been deviating from the concept by sculpting additional extremities and adding more complexity to the surface (finer lines, yes). It's not finished, though. I will either still add particle effects or additional alpha layers to blur up the appearance of the creature. It will also need to carry a lightsource, because it doesn't look as good without.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... 12.373.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... 47.050.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Well - what's shown in your last two shots looks very, very excellent, so I'm fine with it.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

That looks utterly amazing - eerie, creepy, kind of alien, perfect for the Ayleid.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Thanks everyone. I'll post a little update screenshot to show the (probably) finshed model with particle effect.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... 33.987.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also added some more definition and a second highlight around the chest part. Next thing to come will be the animation. But if you have anything to suggest on the model still, that''ll also be fine.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
PT Modder

Post by TerrifyingDaedricFoe »

So cool. Top work Worsas!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'm done. But this creature still needs to drop an ingredient. I thought about something like 'Welkynd Dust'? What effects would it have?

Any particular thoughts on the spells this creature should be using? I thought about a healing spell and otherwise lightning bolts for range combat.

Mwgek
PT Modder

Post by Mwgek »

Looks amazing! Can't be any more fitting to that environment.
--Mwgek--

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Incredibly cool indeed.

For spells, lightning bolts and healing for sure. Perhaps a weaker reflect/dispel one as well?

Welkynd Dust
- Fortify Magicka
- Light
- Drain Intelligence
- Fortify Conjuration
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

roerich wrote:Incredibly cool indeed.

For spells, lightning bolts and healing for sure. Perhaps a weaker reflect/dispel one as well?

Welkynd Dust
- Fortify Magicka
- Light
- Drain Intelligence
- Fortify Conjuration
And done. :D
Attachments
AylGuard.7z
(460.39 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

That looks amazing Muspila!
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I have started to make some tweaks to the current ayleid guard, so leaving this in reviewing for now. I'll see if it is possible to improve the current particles effect so it works more reliable. It seems to stop and restart all the time. not a showstopper, but i'll see if it is possible to fix that.

Return to “Completed”