PC_Ex_Imp_?, PC_In_Imp_?[Final]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

PC_Ex_Imp_?, PC_In_Imp_?[Final]

Post by worsas »

Overhaul all currently existing legion fort assets in PC_Data to use a different, more highres set of textures. They should have a more yellowish/brownish and lighter color scheme to fit better into the landscape scenery of western Cyrodiil (for the other regions we may create a new different set of textures, but they are far off). Create copies of all vanilla legion fort assets to use the new textures. A tedious, but needed job.

Download link with the improved imperial fortress meshes by SGMonkey
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... %3D1&pUp=1

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'll claim this for now to extend on my previous work on the imperial ruins. The wall work of these will be a bit newer and cleaner, but they will use the same stone color for the bricks that the imperial ruins, so they can be mixed, if desired.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Even though I started off with the same basic color tint, these are ending up looking quite different from the fortress ruins of my previous claim at the moment. Nevertheless, I'm not that unhappy about the current result. St Jiub, I'm using some of the textures from your imperial retex here. They work incredibly well.

Here is a preview:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... mpkeep.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I was already done with most of these when I finally seriously considered looking for a program that can auto-change the texture paths in a pile of nif files (the manual renaming in nifskope turned out very tedious over time)

So I found the Texture replacer which I could execute via windows xp mode and voila, done.

:mrgreen:
Attachments
imperial-fort-assets.7z
(5.13 MiB) Downloaded 178 times

Mwgek
PT Modder

Post by Mwgek »

The progress of renaming all the texture paths was the main reason for me to not give this a try. Nice find on the texture replacer.
--Mwgek--

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

There were a number of issues with the custom models from the modder resource (material color, texture assignment, uv mapping). I have taken care of the worst. Only the odd church windows remain unchanged. We should probably remove the church windows from the Data Files altogether. Other than that

Approved

Return to “Completed”