Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-21 [COMPLETED]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-21 [COMPLETED]

Post by worsas »

Scamp wrote:Gottshaw Inn. Pretty standard with beds on the second floor. Player should be able to rent a room.

Exterior Location: #2 on this map

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

May I claim this interior?

I'll make a 2x4 two story interior (minus the space absent on the exterior tavern space), using the PC_int_Sti tileset. It's admittedly a tight fit, but it's workable with about two beds and Spartan accommodations. (Though if this is too small feel free to say so). Furniture should be a mix of p_ and rm_ (the latter mainly for the bar assets).

PS: This is my first interior for P:C, so I'm still getting my head around the various new tilesets and whatnot present in the project. If the Stirk tileset isn't the correct one to use for this tavern please state what the correct alternative would be, I was merely going off of other forum posts that said the Stirk tileset was the right one to use in a similar instance (plus I couldn't really find any other acceptable alternatives in the P:C data file, at least as far as I could see).
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. f**k if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Matin Sanguine wrote:May I claim this interior?

I'll make a 2x4 two story interior (minus the space absent on the exterior tavern space), using the PC_int_Sti tileset. It's admittedly a tight fit, but it's workable with about two beds and Spartan accommodations. (Though if this is too small feel free to say so). Furniture should be a mix of p_ and rm_ (the latter mainly for the bar assets).

PS: This is my first interior for P:C, so I'm still getting my head around the various new tilesets and whatnot present in the project. If the Stirk tileset isn't the correct one to use for this tavern please state what the correct alternative would be, I was merely going off of other forum posts that said the Stirk tileset was the right one to use in a similar instance (plus I couldn't really find any other acceptable alternatives in the P:C data file, at least as far as I could see).
The stirk set is the right one.

Have fun with your claim. :)

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Update Overview

-the interior shell and major object placement have been completed

-I included a fireplace which I then had to sink a bit into the wall in order to prevent it from blocking the door to one of the bedrooms upstairs.

-I decided to leave out a 2x1 space in the interior cell on the first floor behind the staircase because it wasn't workable to include it while also adding a staircase and accommodating the other essential features of the inn (beds etc.) given the space provided.

-There are two bedrooms upstairs, each being a 1x1 space. The doors open outwards (at least I think they do...) so there is no issue with the doors bleeding into the beds when they are open

-The lighting still feels a bit inadequate and needs further work, and the placement of actual light objects for the interior hasn't been done yet.

-Minor tinkering and detailing is what remains with regards to object placement for the interior.

The next update should be the final one, though it will take some time given the amount of work I'm dealing with at the moment.
Attachments
PC_i2-21_Matin Sanguine_1.ESP
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

3 months consisting of a monster workload and a month-long internet outage later

Apologies for the time taken for the this update; typically I try to at least have something each month, but circumstances beyond my control made making meaningful progress on this claim rather difficult. I will try to ensure this doesn't occur again.

Anyway.

Update Overview

-Light settings and various light objects are set in place. the light settings I used were copied off of an interior in Caldera.

-Fixed a few issues regarding the placement of the doors that slipped my notice the first time.

-Completed detailing on the bar/general area on the first floor, though I would like to add a few more things behind the counter in the form of containers and whatnot
Attachments
PC_i2-21_Matin Sanguine_2.ESP
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

I would like to submit the file attached to this post for review

-Northmarker added and rotated to fit the exterior, I must have accidently taken it out at some point.

-Did a fair bit more detailing to the first floor

-Fixed various minor caspering/bleeding issues

-Cleaned the file using TESAME

-Locked the small chest in the first floor, as well as the doors to the bedrooms
Attachments
PC_i2-21_Matin Sanguine_3.ESP
(8.2 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Off to review!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'll try to provide one with the next update. Let's leave this in reviewing until then.

Return to “Completed”