Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-26 [COMPLETED]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-26 [COMPLETED]

Post by worsas »

Scamp wrote:Garlas Agea. This is the Gold Coast capital of old, make sure this goes DEEP and looks majestic. Giant halls, long hallways. There may be a quest related to a group of explorers trying to discover secrets in the deep caverns below this place.

Exterior Location: #1 on this map

Ragox
PT Modder

Post by Ragox »

I'd like to claim this one.
Not sure how much I can do with the stuff that's available, but I'd try my best.
Would feature some cave-ins that lead to the cavern area.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

At this point we are still missing most objects, so we'll have to revisit the interior claim at a later point when a certain range of objects has become available. If you are fine with that prospective, I'd say, go for it.

Ragox
PT Modder

Post by Ragox »

worsas wrote:At this point we are still missing most objects, so we'll have to revisit the interior claim at a later point when a certain range of objects has become available. If you are fine with that prospective, I'd say, go for it.
Well, after playing around some in the editor I managed to get more done than I thought possible.
So yes, I'd like to work on this, even if it'll just be for testing purposes for now at least.

I hope the Ayleid containers will be ported over soon :)

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Since none of the other people are around, I'm going to grant this for now. I'm not anything like a head of interiors at P:C, but I've been granting and moving interior claims for a while by now. If Scamp and Infragris have anything to object, I think we'll be able to look at this as an experimental push and in any case something will be reusable for the final version of this dungeon. I already like what I can see so far, at least.

Ragox
PT Modder

Post by Ragox »

First version here.
Still very early WIP, so It's a great time for any suggestions.
Attachments
PC_i2-26_Ragox.ESP
(9.68 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Hey (Scamp's back in town)!

Just letting you know this needs to be a lot bigger. If you know Kemel-Ze from Tamriel Rebuilt, that's a good starting point (doesn't need to be quite such an amount of cells... but it should be gigantic indeed). And like I mentioned... I'd love to see big halls. And I really mean big. I hope the tileset can do that kind of thing.

Edit (much much later): Argh, this vision is much outdated, a remainder of our past-time philosophy. Absolutely not Kemel-Ze size.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Scamp is a patent size queen.

Looking forward to this one!
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Just dropping in before this gets out of hand.

Back in the days, a couple of guys including my humble self decided that we wanted Cyrodiil to be something really grand, much beyond the size of the vanilla game, as the heart of the Empire spanning the entirety of Tamriel. This is a rather unsophisticated concept for several reasons: We lack manpower, and we can't afford too much of an inconsistency with vanilla Morrowind, since that's where our players feel at home. Dungeons and cities being small is what they're used to.

More recently, we've thus decided to tone it all down quite a bit. For instance, we've decided to cut a good deal of interiors from Anvil, which, before we decided it was much too large for our own good (think "Karthwasten" and you'll remember), was deemed "appropriately sized".
This doesn't necessarily mean we're not establishing the thought of Cyrodiil being somewhat more "grand" with its strong economy and other reasons. However, we must not exaggerate.

Another point here: I know I've mentioned Kemel-Ze, by the time I wrote this I had planned Garlas Agea to be the biggest Ayleid establishment within quite a radius from it. With Garlas Malatar and Beldaburo planned as large Ayleid cities of great kings of old, we really shouldn't be going that way anymore. Kemel-Ze is waaaay too big for this. Just now I realize that the deal with Kemel-Ze is that there's no Dwemer ruin anywhere near that size, making it incredibly unique and literally legendary. If we make every Ayleid ruin this size, we lose that vibe. I cannot allow this. Sorry.

So, I must appeal once more to stay away from anything I've said regarding total size of this interior in the past. Huge hallways and such, yes, by all means. In the end, we should have no need to impress players by creating overly huge, and as such, probably overly boring dungeons.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

These are all good points in regards to size. We should also keep in mind that we are at the literal border of both Cyrodiil and the old Ayleid sphere here. Even the major cities in this region should not be that big - relative to the heart of the province. Closer to the Heartlands, there will be a place for suitably impressive ruins and cities.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Not necessarily- Ayleid dungeons are the remnants of their crypts, temples, and palaces, but their actual cities were built on the surface. It would make sense that the interiors would be more modest in size.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Locking the other ayleid ruins for the time being is probably a good idea.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

You'll find the answer to that in my previous post, actually.

Really, if there were a consensus on this I'd even revisit the exterior and tone it down quite a bit.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

If you find the attention given to certain things in asset development misplaced or frivolous, please argue so in a friendly and thoughtful manner. I understand the frustration of having to work with a limited tileset, but without clear concepts our scope is limited (as my own attempts at making Ayleid furniture attest).

Apart from clutter, furniture, etc., what is missing? I was under the impression that the basic tileset is complete: if not, then I will need a list of which new tiles are needed. Ayleid clutter and furniture need concept art and reference pics before any modeling can take place. I would appreciate it if modders who worked with the tileset could share their thoughts on what style of clutter would best suit the interiors, in what way they would have been used, etc.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Not offended, but there seems to be a lot of people confused about what I actually do here. I do concept art and texture assets. That's it. I am not, have not, and for the foreseeable future will not be a modeller. If there's a texture problem with the Ayleid assets, feel free to hit me up. But I get the feeling that's not the reason they're unusable lol.

Beyond Skyrim uses an improved version of our Ayleid assets for their project, why not reach out to them and see if we can update to their version?

Return to “Completed”