Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-27 [COMPLETED]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-27 [COMPLETED]

Post by worsas » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Scamp wrote:Cave. Suggest something if you are interested!

Exterior Location: #2 on this map

Leon
P:C Council Member

Re: Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-27 [Unclaimed]

Post by Leon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Claiming.
Lead Interior Designer & Quality Assurance at Province: Cyrodiil

Leon

Re: Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-27 [Leon]

Post by Leon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:45 am

Here's the first wip file.

I designed it as a quest cave, only the first 15% of the cave is accessible (without quest) which contain a smugglers hideout, but even those smugglers can't open that massive gate and whatever lies beyond it.
There is a sword near one of the crates to open the gate, it's a placeholder for testing; it will be removed after completion.

Quest Idea (spoilers): There is a scholar in Brina Cross who seeks someone to help him and support him financially with the search of an ancient tomb.
The fun part is that the player will follow him most cases instead vice versa. Artifacts are needed to pursue the depths of these dungeons and tomb. The tomb will contain puzzles to solve and traps to avoid as it is a dangerous place as no one has been there for hundred of years. The tomb is a massive labyrinth, and when the scholar will find out about these treasures of this tomb; he will collect these treasures and will abandon the player in this massive labyrinth waiting for him/her to get lost in there and die. When the player get's out of this tomb; there will be a way to confront the scholar, but the scholar has fled Cyrodiil with all these treasures to Vvardenfell where he lives in isolation; in a cave.

That's all I got so far.
I love to hear what you guys think about that idea. If that idea sucks, then so be it. :lol:
Attachments
PC_i2-27_Leon_01.ESP
First wip file
(94.41 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:30 pm

This is again a really impressive cave. Looking at this, I imagine you would be good at making exteriors, too.

The quest idea sounds fine to me. Only: Why would he collect all of these treasures, only to live alone in a remote cave on Vvardenfell afterwards? Won't he use the treasures to make himself a nice living instead? I would rather beat him up in his new luxury manor in the imperial City, or alternatively Anvil.

Leon

Post by Leon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:46 pm

worsas wrote:This is again a really impressive cave. Looking at this, I imagine you would be good at making exteriors, too.
Thanks. I never thought about that before. Could be fun, making exteriors too.
worsas wrote:The quest idea sounds fine to me. Only: Why would he collect all of these treasures, only to live alone in a remote cave on Vvardenfell afterwards? Won't he use the treasures to make himself a nice living instead? I would rather beat him up in his new luxury manor in the imperial City, or alternatively Anvil.
That sounds even better. :)
I think we could really flesh out this concept in the quest development of the Gold Coast...

Leon

Post by Leon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:10 am

Update.

I'm kinda stuck with this one. I need feedback and possible ideas of what I could further add to this cave.
Also, I don't know if the gate has anything value of gameplay to the player, love to hear opinions.

I also removed the outer valley part of this cave, and made some overall adjustments.
Attachments
PC_i2-27_Leon_02.ESP
(40.7 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:43 pm

I've had a quick look at this. Interiors aren't my forte, but I really like the look of that gate and of the chasm. I think it's a solid idea for a quest. For now, you could just add an antechamber with the smuggler hideout in front of the gate, with some pickaxes, mining equipment, infodump notes etc. strewn about. We can always revisit this cave when it's time to implement the quest.

As for the nature of the dungeon, we already have plenty of tombs and catacombs strewn about. Perhaps this could be an abandoned Colo-Nordic temple of Shor worship? The original cultists all died out due to wars and plagues, and our Brina Cross scholar has found a rotting piece of parchment describing the rituals required to access the inner sanctum. The progression could simply be three identical gates, with a different kind of "ritual" needed to open each one, interspersed with bits of maze, trap rooms, collapsed caverns, etc. I like the use of the ruined fortress tileset combined with the caves.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Damn, you've got a talent. Looks great, I like the concept for this interior.

Some ideas:

the canynon could be dotted with crystals and ores, for even more stunning look

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/4HqJrb0.png[/hsimg]

there could be some mummies in the canyon's walls

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/2RW5WLE.png[/hsimg]

there could be an ancient, creeky platform halfway the walkway. The walkway itself wouldn't be too stable as well, there could be some fallen planks in the bottom of the chasm

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/mxwYFPn.png[/hsimg]
Infragris wrote:As for the nature of the dungeon, we already have plenty of tombs and catacombs strewn about. Perhaps this could be an abandoned Colo-Nordic temple of Shor worship? The original cultists all died out due to wars and plagues, and our Brina Cross scholar has found a rotting piece of parchment describing the rituals required to access the inner sanctum. The progression could simply be three identical gates, with a different kind of "ritual" needed to open each one, interspersed with bits of maze, trap rooms, collapsed caverns, etc.
I like this idea a lot.

Leon

Post by Leon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Thanks Berry and Infragris.
Infragris wrote:As for the nature of the dungeon, we already have plenty of tombs and catacombs strewn about. Perhaps this could be an abandoned Colo-Nordic temple of Shor worship? The original cultists all died out due to wars and plagues, and our Brina Cross scholar has found a rotting piece of parchment describing the rituals required to access the inner sanctum. The progression could simply be three identical gates, with a different kind of "ritual" needed to open each one, interspersed with bits of maze, trap rooms, collapsed caverns, etc. I like the use of the ruined fortress tileset combined with the caves.
Which tileset could be suitable for the temple/sanctum? Just the Nordic-tomb tile set ones?
berry wrote: there could be some mummies in the canyon's walls

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/2RW5WLE.png[/hsimg]
Are those the new mummies from the PC_Data? Looks awesome.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Actually, I would go with the new ruined fortress tileset, if at all possible. We don't have any of those forts in the current claim area, and it would be fun to include them in some capacity. Especially since you're already using the exterior pieces in the cave.

Leon

Post by Leon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:59 am

Update, experience the awesomeness!

I extended the cave part, filled the chasm with water; and you can get across with a small rowboat or the old-fashioned way; swimming.
There is a problem with the rowboat script that I can't seem to fix, (the player has a chance of falling off the rowboat and getting stuck in the air) if someone can take a look at it, please by all means.
Attachments
PC_i2-27_Leon_03.ESP
(153.92 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Leon

Post by Leon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Update.

Behold; the first use of the ImpRuin Tileset!
It's 80% finished, must detail some areas here and there and I'm going to extend the ruin a bit by 2,9%.
There's only one trap, will add more in the final update.
Attachments
PC_i2-27_Leon_04.ESP
(268.45 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

Leon

Post by Leon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:46 pm

This is the entrance to the tomb in the labyrinth. Opinions, is it over the top? Please give me tha feedback. Image

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:58 pm

If I have to be honest, I don't like it very much. I know these statue models, and I consider them to be beneath our standards for meshes and textures. More to the point, these models have no relation to the place or time which they are supposed to invoke: kneeling figures and angels have nothing to do with Colovia. Also, I'm not a fan of an over-reliance on statues as a way to make a location seem impressive, which is something I've seen a lot of in other mods. Vanilla Morrowind is very sparse with that kind of scenery, and we should follow suit.

Leon

Post by Leon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks Infragris, I really appreciate the criticism/feedback. I shall have them removed and replace them with pillars, thanks. :)

Leon

Post by Leon » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Finished.
Attachments
PC_i2-27_Leon_05.ESP
(351.44 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Leon