Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-27 [COMPLETED]

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-27 [COMPLETED]

Post by worsas »

Scamp wrote:Cave. Suggest something if you are interested!

Exterior Location: #2 on this map

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

This is again a really impressive cave. Looking at this, I imagine you would be good at making exteriors, too.

The quest idea sounds fine to me. Only: Why would he collect all of these treasures, only to live alone in a remote cave on Vvardenfell afterwards? Won't he use the treasures to make himself a nice living instead? I would rather beat him up in his new luxury manor in the imperial City, or alternatively Anvil.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I've had a quick look at this. Interiors aren't my forte, but I really like the look of that gate and of the chasm. I think it's a solid idea for a quest. For now, you could just add an antechamber with the smuggler hideout in front of the gate, with some pickaxes, mining equipment, infodump notes etc. strewn about. We can always revisit this cave when it's time to implement the quest.

As for the nature of the dungeon, we already have plenty of tombs and catacombs strewn about. Perhaps this could be an abandoned Colo-Nordic temple of Shor worship? The original cultists all died out due to wars and plagues, and our Brina Cross scholar has found a rotting piece of parchment describing the rituals required to access the inner sanctum. The progression could simply be three identical gates, with a different kind of "ritual" needed to open each one, interspersed with bits of maze, trap rooms, collapsed caverns, etc. I like the use of the ruined fortress tileset combined with the caves.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Damn, you've got a talent. Looks great, I like the concept for this interior.

Some ideas:

the canynon could be dotted with crystals and ores, for even more stunning look

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/4HqJrb0.png[/hsimg]

there could be some mummies in the canyon's walls

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/2RW5WLE.png[/hsimg]

there could be an ancient, creeky platform halfway the walkway. The walkway itself wouldn't be too stable as well, there could be some fallen planks in the bottom of the chasm

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/mxwYFPn.png[/hsimg]
Infragris wrote:As for the nature of the dungeon, we already have plenty of tombs and catacombs strewn about. Perhaps this could be an abandoned Colo-Nordic temple of Shor worship? The original cultists all died out due to wars and plagues, and our Brina Cross scholar has found a rotting piece of parchment describing the rituals required to access the inner sanctum. The progression could simply be three identical gates, with a different kind of "ritual" needed to open each one, interspersed with bits of maze, trap rooms, collapsed caverns, etc.
I like this idea a lot.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Actually, I would go with the new ruined fortress tileset, if at all possible. We don't have any of those forts in the current claim area, and it would be fun to include them in some capacity. Especially since you're already using the exterior pieces in the cave.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

If I have to be honest, I don't like it very much. I know these statue models, and I consider them to be beneath our standards for meshes and textures. More to the point, these models have no relation to the place or time which they are supposed to invoke: kneeling figures and angels have nothing to do with Colovia. Also, I'm not a fan of an over-reliance on statues as a way to make a location seem impressive, which is something I've seen a lot of in other mods. Vanilla Morrowind is very sparse with that kind of scenery, and we should follow suit.

Return to “Completed”