-Banned-

Anvil Interior Claim PC_i2-Anv57[Reviewing][Matin Sanguine]

Post by Kaiel »

Seaside Flophouse North
Building 57 on this map:

Please use the T_Imp_SetGC_I - Set

Notes:
57. Seaside Flophouse North
a. Perella(Bosmer, f, agent):At first glance, a common pauper. Perella is in fact a secret Blades agent, posted to keep an eye on the criminal element in the port(specifically, the redguard smugglers). Paranoid about another Blades agent somewhere in town(Nontus Jorrel, in the Praetorium), Perella has hired a private investigator to seek them out(Habashi, in the Sailor's Fluke Tavern).
b. Rok'dun(Redguard, m, sailor):Tenant.
c. Khafiz(Redguard, m, sailor):Tenant.
d. Galtus Melussa(Colovian, m, sailor):Tenant.
e. Lassinia Maro(Imperial, f, pauper):Tenant.
f.There are more inhabitants, but they are out working around Anvil. Be sure to include living space for 7-10 total inhabitants.
The exterior file can be found in this thread.
Always use the latest file.

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

May I claim this interior?

It's a vaguely* 2x5, three story high interior using the aforementioned tileset, with a smattering of 1x1 rooms for the various tenants scattered about (I can reasonably add about seven rooms of this size in the interior, with maybe another two being possible depending on how the tower section comes out). Objects will primarily be com_p.

*vague on account of the tower section, which is going to be bit larger then just a 2x2 block..
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. f**k if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Sounds good. The horizontal dimensions for a single house shell usually vary between 2x5 and 3x5.

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

This building should be 3x5 on the main part, and then a 3*3 square on the circle but with angled walls to make it into an octagonal room. I suggest matching the center interior floor piece with the corresponding piece of the main room where the door between the two will be and then letting the outside be cut off weirdly, it will save you lots of trouble with the door frame later. Are you on the discord?

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

worsas wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 pm Sounds good. The horizontal dimensions for a single house shell usually vary between 2x5 and 3x5.
Thanks for clarifying.
Kaiel wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:54 pm This building should be 3x5 on the main part, and then a 3*3 square on the circle but with angled walls to make it into an octagonal room. I suggest matching the center interior floor piece with the corresponding piece of the main room where the door between the two will be and then letting the outside be cut off weirdly, it will save you lots of trouble with the door frame later. Are you on the discord?
Firstly; sorry for taking a bit to get back to you; I only just checked the thread.

I think I might have accidently caused some confusion; when I said that the tower section would be a 'bit larger than just a 2x2 block', I just wanted to give a rough idea of what the size would likely be, minus the walled off sections that wouldn't be part of the interior proper - I was always going to use a 3x3 block, and then employ walls angled such as to make the section resemble the shape of the tower. I probably should have just said that it was 3x3 in size outright and mentioned how parts would be cut off due to the angled walls, as it's a bit clearer with respect to my intent.

So to restate things; the main section is 2x5, and the tower section is comprised of a 3x3 block, minus the space cut off by the angled walls.

As for the size of the main section; I'm going to keep the width the same, but that can change if I see there's a need for it.

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the doorframe, but I've already handled joining the two sections up.

Yeah, I'm on discord, though I don't think I have a 'PT modder' tag, so that's why you probably missed me (I'll shoot you a message so you can find me.

Update Overview

Basic shell and layout of the interior is complete, the cell's name is 'PC_i2-Anv57'; I'll get started on detailing for the next update.

I know I said I was going to put seven rooms in the main section, but I had to revise the layout due to being unable to put one of the windows in the earlier layout (I intially did a basic layout of the whole interior just so I could get a clear idea of how I was tackling it prior to claiming), so now there's only six; to make up for this, I've decided to place two rooms in both the 3rd and 2nd floor of the tower section, though I'll have to wait until I start detailing it to see if it's wholly workable (it's a bit of a squeeze).
Attachments
PC_i2-Anv57_Matin Sanguine_1.ESP
(11.83 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Update Overview

Sorry for going over the deadline by a few days; the past month has been very busy for me.

-Detailing is done in the six rooms of the main section (I envisaged the room in the corner of the third level, next to the stairs, as being the blades agent's room; I might have gone a bit overboard with the detailing there, given they are supposed to be posing as a pauper, so I might revise a few things.)

-I reset the tentative layout of the rooms in the 2nd and 3rd levels of the tower section; this was due to issues that arose with it stemming from the atypical proportions of the tower section that didn't really make them workable. I may downscale the number of rooms in each of the two levels of the tower section from two to one each (it's a bit tricky to find a setup that works well, looks goods and isn't out of place compared to the other rooms.)
Attachments
PC_i2-Anv57_Matin Sanguine_2.ESP
(18.43 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Sorry about being late to update; I meant to do this sooner, but my free time kept getting eaten up by work.

Update Overview:

-Not going to lie - trying to solve the issue of the layout of the tower section is a major reason for this claim not being done yet; the atypical nature of the proportions of the room and making it work with their intended purpose - bedrooms - proved troublesome to handle in a manner that didn't cause technical issues (doors clipping each other when opened, lack of space in the rooms proper), but I think I've figured it out a way to make it work. The solution I used was to employ wall screens to act as 'walls' within the room proper (so, to actually act as the ‘walls’ between a specific bedroom and the rest of the space in the tower section) which handles a few key issues rather well:

.Ensuring the sizes of the bedrooms were roughly akin to the other bedrooms of the interior
.Ensuring there was enough space in the bedrooms of the tower section for the NPC/PC to actually navigate (which wasn't possible with normal walls, hence my earlier revision, among other things)
.Avoiding technical issues related to clipping etc.
.Ensuring that the layout in general wasn't bizarre and wouldn't look aesthetically offensive

Of course, if it isn't acceptable (I personally think we can get away with such an arrangement, given the interior's status as a flophouse) then I'll do something else - but I really think this is likely the best solution to this that we're going to get, short of reducing the number of rooms and simply employing normal walls (which would still look kind of awkward, hence my reluctance to do something like that, on top of wanting as many bedrooms as can be managed within the space.)

-Detailing in the top two levels of the tower section mostly done - still have a bit more to do there, not to mention doing the bottom floor (I haven't fully settled on whether to make another set of bedrooms, or try to create a mix of a living/storage space).

-Northmarker set

-Replaced T_Imp_SetGC_I_Wall with the relevant T_Imp_SetAnv_I_Window object, not to mention replacing incorrect com cutlery objects with T_Imp_ColClay; thanks to Torlof for pointing these out to me - I'm still getting acquainted with all the new objects.

There really isn't much left, so I imagine the next update to be the final one.
Attachments
PC_i2-Anv57_Matin Sanguine_3.ESP
(23.58 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Matin Sanguine
PT Modder

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Update Overview

-Cluttered the bottom floor of the tower section; I opted to have it serve as a storage space, mainly so that the interior didn't look too monotomous and because there are enough bedrooms in the flophouse.

-Added some minor objects and clutter to the other sections of the interior to flesh it out a bit, added locks to some of the containers.

-Added lighting settings (I'm not too good with these - I just used settings from another Anvil interior).

-Fixed some floating, caspering and bleeding objects.

-Applied some blacksquares to cover the outlying parts of the tower section cut off by the walls.

-Cleaned the file

Hopefully I haven't missed anything obvious.

Submitting claim for review
Attachments
PC_i2-Anv57_Matin Sanguine_4.ESP
(35.47 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Off to review!

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Reviewing

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

"PC_i2-Anv57"
Clean: Yes
Fits exterior: No, fixed.
Northmarker: Good
Lighting: Good
Illegal to Sleep Here: Good
Pathgrid:Added

Floaters:
sc_paper plain x2
Misc_Quill
T_IngFood_Apple_01 x2
T_CyrCom_Var_Cr4FoodGC
T_CyrCom_Var_Cr4IngGC
T_Com_FireplaceBroom_01
T_IngFood_Garlic_01
T_Com_Var_BottleBroken_06

Bleeders:
T_Com_CuttingBoard_03
T_Imp_ColClayCup_01

Other:
Tried to warn about the interior not matching the exterior. Should have been a 5x3 not a 5x2 on the main building. Also as minerman has recently informed me, changed the tower wall angles from 135s to 120s
Replaced T_Imp_setGC_DJamb_02 at entrance with DFrame_01, the Jamb is meant for intracellular doors, the Frame is for exterior to interior
Replaced expensive alcohols with poor variants, this is a poor tenement building
Decreased the total value of items in some rooms, this is a poor tenement
Replaced north colovian pants with the west colovian variant
Replaced two vanilla food sack with a FoodGC T_D variant
Replaced roast boar meat with Lycoae, to my knowledge boars aren't local and this is a poor tenement
Removed a barrow jar
Removed deprecated books
Reduced total book value in pauper tenement room from 280 to only 40 gold
Replaced armor chest in legionnaires room from stl to lgn
Replaced FurnM_Cl1_ClEtFGC with FurnP_Dw1CCmFGC
Replaced some XP rugs with cheap ones
replaced vanilla com_sack_gold_rnd with T_CyrCom_Var_Sk2G020
Replaced vanilla com_sack_01 with T_CyrCom_Var_Sk1Empty
Replaced deprecated T_com_Hammer_03 with hammer_repair
replaced silverware chest with cltcmGC
Replaced rm wood beds with p ones
Replaced a potato with colovian bread
Added a bit of clutter to the rooms since they got bigger

This ended up being a lot more work than I had originally anticipated, but I am going to upload it here. There is a lot changed, if someone wanted to give it a second look-over, it would be appreciated.
Attachments
PC_i2-Anv57_Reviewing.ESP
(50.18 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

chef
P:C Head of Exteriors

Post by chef »

merged

Return to “Completed”