Haimtír NPC + Dialogue Planning

All topics related to NPCs, Quests and Dialogue
Yeti
Lead Dev

Haimtír NPC + Dialogue Planning

Post by Yeti »

I'm opening up a discussion of Haimtír's characters and dialogue, starting with a proposed list of my own, which we can build off of. Feel free to use this thread to submit dialogue for the topics listed below, along with possible quest ideas.

Haimtír's inhabitants are peaceful, but suspicious. They survived military campaigns that destroyed many of the nearby villages and they don't trust strangers much, and might even resent them. In tone, their dialogue should lean unfriendly, unless at high dispositions. Most inhabitants work the land as farmers and laborers, and a majority are Reachmen of the Pachkan tribe.
Pachkan:
The Pachkanan inhabit the southern Druadach Highlands (mostly the Braig Cnoss mesa) and are known for their agriculture. The Pachkanan today live peacefully alongside Redguards and Bretons and willingly pay tax to their Nord rulers.
Prominent locations: Haimtír and surrounding lands.
NPC List
Interior 01 - Weslay’s House

Weslay - female Redguard commoner

Interior 02 - Jhorcian’s Tradehouse

Reachmen-run tradehouse. One of the beds is rentable.

Jhorcian - male Reachmen trader

Dralen Guls - male Dunmer bard

Corthac - male Reachmen warrior

Qa’darri- male Khajiit rogue

Interior 03 - Gorova’s House

Gorova - female Reachmen farmer

Interior 04 - Nadd’s House

Nadd - male Redguard commoner

He works for Farkon, the village headman, but resents the Nord for lording over him. He was formerly a notable landowner in the area, but lost most of his possessions when Jarl Jona the Ansei-Ender led her troops through the region.

Reesha - female Redguard commoner

Interior 05 - Farkon’s House

Largest house in the village, always occupied by the area’s wealthiest inhabitant, whoever that may be at any given time. In recent years, a Nord veteran has taken over as the village headman.

Farkon- male Nord farmer

Village headman. A former warrior, Jarl Jona awarded him farm for his loyalty. He’s the wealthiest person in the village (though that’s not saying much) and thinks very highly of himself. The villagers grumble about him under their breath, but mostly just want to get on with their lives without making a fuss. For his part, he complains about his “shifty” Reachmen farmhands and blames their “witch-kin” for bad weather and poor harvests.

Cerise - female Breton commoner

Interior 06 - Ovocor’s House

Ovocor - male Reachmen farmer

A poor wretch who works for the village headman.

Interior 07 - Reachmen worship house (Name Needed)

A communal house of worship. Inside the house, there is a smaller sacred hut with shrines, where worshippers may ask the gods and ancestors for guidance. You must be blessed before entering. Outside the inner house, Reachmen gather to sing, drink, worship, and mourn. A local landmark, Orcs also come here to worship Trinimac. The inner sanctum also has a magicka well that replenishes and fortifies magic.

Oonah - female Reachmen shaman

Spiritual leader of the village Reachmen. As a matriarch of the peaceful Pachkan tribe, she focuses on rituals that benefit the village’s agricultural activities. Her in-game role is to educate players about the Pachkan tribe and warn them about their unfriendly Braign tribe neighbors.

Aynoc - female Reachmen healer

Yaga gra-Sarakh - female Orc pauper

Interior 08 - Hathric’s House

Hathric - male Breton commoner

Interior 09 - Ceadach’s Hut

Ceadach - female Reachmen hunter

Interior 10 - Torgar’s House

Torgar - male Nord farmer

Interior 11 - Communal Dwelling [Better Name Needed?]

A large, communal hut housing three Reachmen

Dhunchadh - male Reachmen pauper

Muirah - female Reachmen herder

Lathova - female Reachmen monk Demographics Total Inhabitants: 20

Male: 10
Female: 10

Reachmen: 10
Redguards: 3
Nords: 2
Bretons: 2
Dark Elfs: 1
Orcs: 1
Khajiit: 1
Topics Needed

Generic Dialogue - Along with providing gameplay tips, generic dialogue should point players towards interesting characters, locations, and quests. Topics should also reflect the characteristics of the village overall, not individual personalities.

Generic greetings (High Disposition) - 3-4 needed

Generic greetings (Low Disposition) - 3-4 needed

Haimtír

A topic that describes the village (its people, its economy, its history, ect) in a short, concise summary.

Latest rumors - 3 needed

Rumors cover gossip and hearsay about characters and locations in the village and nearby area. They're a great way to direct players to quests.

Little advice - 3 needed

Advice includes any tips that might aid the player.

Little secret - 3 needed

Secrets highlight knowledge about the game world that player's might not recognize on their own, such as a well-hidden landmark, or an obscure lore tidbit.

Services

A topic about the settlement's services. Where to buy things, where to sleep, where cure diseases, ect.

Someone in particular

A topic about the settlement's important NPCs.

Specific place

This is basically a verbal map of the village.

local area

Lists nearby landmarks (ruins, caves, shrines, ect) and gives directions to the nearest settlements.

Unique Dialogue

Unique dialogue gives important characters personalities, either because they serve a role in a quest, or are in a unique position to teach players about lore and the game world. They should make up a majority of any settlement.

For our project, I've generally given these NPCs a unique greeting or two, a unique background, and a unique response for the settlement's main topic. Additional topics can be added where desired/needed.

Quests

Haimtír deserves at least 3-4 miscellaneous quests. One of them should touch upon Farkon, the Nord headman of the village, and his strained relationship with certain villagers (in my outline, these include Nadd and Ovocor). Another quest could involve NPCs gathered in Jhorcian’s Tradehouse. They look like an interesting bunch. Oonah could also give the player a Reachmen-related quest. Perhaps the Reachmen of the Braign tribe camped a short ways east of Haimtír have been causing trouble lately, and she asks you to see why they're upset?
Braign:
This tribe lives spread out along the eastern part of the Druadach Highlands. The Braignan are known to be unfriendly or even hostile to outsiders, even if less so than the Hunnathan. They live on hunting and maintain some cultic caverns (cavern tomb and cave of trials) around this area. Most are adept at hedge wizardry.
Prominent locations: Villages at -109, 6 and -112, 16

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I'll get the ball rolling:

Greetings (High Disposition)

You've reached Haimtír, traveler, a village on the Braig Cnoss mesa. Anything you need help with?

Greetings (Low Disposition)

You've reached the village of Haimtír. You won't find much else on the Braig Cnoss mesa.

You're a stranger. We don't like strangers much in Haimtír. What do you want?

Yes, you're in Haimtír. What you'd want here, I couldn't guess.

You looking for services, traveler? You won't find many in Haimtír.

Haimtír

Reachmen
Haimtír is a village of the Pachkan Tribe, though we aren't the only ones who live here. Farmers of all races make a hard living on the Braig Cnoss mesa, high in the Duadach Highlands. Once there were other villages in the local area, but none remain after years of war. Why can't Nords leave us alone?

Haimtír is a village of the Pachkan Tribe, though they aren't the only ones who live here. Farmers of all races make a hard living on the Braig Cnoss mesa, high in the Duadach Highlands. Once there were other villages in the local area, but none remain after years of war.

little advice

Many tribes-people live in The Reach, and not all are peaceful like the Pachkanan. Approach their camps with caution.

little secret

You know Mirilstern, the elf ruins to the east? Do not go there. A great mage-lord once ruled these lands from those keeps. But that was long ago. Now it is a bad place, traveler. A very bad place.

Sinclair
Forumite

Post by Sinclair »

I like the idea of the tribes and dealing with them. I also like how you said "and she asks you to see why they're upset", but I would like to have an option to simply go in and just kill all of them. Of course, this would make Oonah angry, but either way the quest would be complete. I like the mistrust with the leader, Farkon. Perhaps he will go missing every couple of nights and some supplies are going missing. Nadd and Ovocor think something is going on, and they ask you to investigate the matter. Upon investigating the matter, you would learn that Farkon is giving some tribesmen supply. (The supply could be materials sent in such as iron/steel or food not grown in the local area) At this point you could either tell Nadd and Ovocor what you saw or you could confront Farkon. He'd say "That is none of your concern, stranger. Now leave" (Low Dispostion) or " I'm trying to protect the town. These tribes are threatening to completely raid the town, and we don't have the resources to protect ourselves. If I told thw townsfolk what was heppening, I know they would try and fight back, but we simply can't beat them." (High Disposition). Then you'd get a quest to wipe out that particular tribe. If you went back to Nadd and Ovocor, they'd say "The traitor! I knew Farkon was up to no good. He's never had Haimtir's people in mind. It has always been about the surrounding tribes." Then they would run in and kill Farkon. They would then tell the townsfolk what is happening. After this Nadd would say "We're going to asseble a team and attack the tribe." Since you helped them, they would offer to let you join them in their raid. This is just a quick idea, you can change things as you see fit, but I think it would be cool to see something like this.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Great posts, Yeti. I like that.

As for quests, apart from quests directly related to the town, I imagined Haimtir would be a good place for some hooks for quests taking place in Druadach Highlands, something like finding the missing missionary or Reachman brew recipe I proposed for Midkarth and so on. Since it's still the most civil place in Druadachs it would make good starting to gather some initial info, suggesting player where they could try looking next.
Yeti wrote: You know Mirilstern, the elf ruins to the east? Do not go there. A great mage-lord once ruled these lands from those keeps. But that was long ago. Now it is a bad place, traveler. A very bad place.
The only road leading to Haimtir goes through these ruins, so the advice to entirely steer clear from it isn't really feasible. It could perhaps be changed to something like:
You know Mirilstern, the elf ruins to the east, by the road to the lowlands? A great mage-lord once ruled these lands from those keeps. But that was long ago. Now it is a bad place, traveler. A very bad place. Don't fool around there too much.
Also, wasn't it "Mirilstaren"? :P
Sinclair wrote:I like the idea of the tribes and dealing with them. I also like how you said "and she asks you to see why they're upset", but I would like to have an option to simply go in and just kill all of them.
Of course, having the outcome where quest targets are killed rather than efficiently dealt with covered in Journal entires is vanilla MW convention we're following in our quests. :) There'll always be an option like that. That being said, I'm not sure about your quest proposal. Native radicals would rather go directly hostile towards Nords (especially), Imperials or Redguards, rather than their fellow Reachmen, even from different unfriendly tribe, I'd wager. I rather see Oonah responding with "What? They're dead?! I never told you to kill them, stranger! Begone! You're from the same mold as Jona's butchers! goodbye" etc to their deaths, to be honest. Tying some Farkon's intrigues with these folks can be an interesting idea, though.

Either way it's probably still too early to discuss quests for Haimtir that thoroughly. We need to brainstorm basic dialogues first.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I have a minor misc quest idea which could work in this area.

Ghoul hunt

Asking about latest rumors in Haimtír will get the following response:

Not long ago, a group of [weird people] came through here. An utterly unpleasant lot, clad in rags and stinking like corpses. After Nadd found them scavenging through the ruins, Farkon and his men chased them out of the village. He might know more, if you ask him.

Farkon
[weird people]
Yes, we chased those wretches until they were off the mesa. You should've seen them run! Dirty thieves. There was something off about them, I tell ya.
Saw them crawling through the ruins, like beasts. Sent a shiver down my spine, when I saw one of them gnawing on a human bone! When we returned, we discovered that they had managed to steal a bunch of valuables from around town.
  • . You seem like a competent fellow. If you find these bastards, would you please make an end of them, and bring back the stolen goods? I'll make sure you get a fine reward.

The weird people is a travelling cult of Namira worshippers, the Cult of the Smiling Ghoul. They travel around in the wake of war and famine to prey on the fallen and the weak. After being chased from Briag Cnoss, they have hidden in a location near Mirilstaren.

The player can kill them and bring back the belongings to Haimtir. Talking to the head of the Karthwasten Imperial Cult, reporting the cult activity and that the player has dealt with them, will give the player a disposition increase as well as one reputation point.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Great contribution, roerich. Thanks for posting.

I had a burst of inspiration lately. After transferring so much older dialogue into the CS, I felt like writing something new.

Greeting (High Disposition)

Best not linger long in Haimtír, friend. People here don’t trust strangers, I’m afraid.

Latest rumors

The Braign Tribe’s never been friendly, but the group camped east of here are riled up more than normal. Maybe our shaman Oonah can talk some sense into them.

Little secret

Nearby caves are home to all sorts of foul things. Bandits, goblins, crazy hermits, and worse. Farkon’s guards won’t lift a finger clearing them out.

Poor, poor Ovocor. Farkon mistreats him the worst of all his farmhands. Can’t blame him for feeling bitter.

Local area

These are the Druadach Highlands. Dragonstar is to the north, Karthwasten to the south. Mirilstern is the old Direnni fortress on the western cliffs. The Braign Tribe live in nearby camps.

Someone in particular

Farkon’s the village headman. He owns the farmland the rest of us struggle to make a living on. Oonah is a shaman and matriarch of the peaceful Pachkan tribe. Jhorcian barters with travelers at his tradehouse.

Services

You can haggle with Jhorcian at his tradehouse, or spend the night in one of his spare beds. Otherwise, there’s healing and potions at the shrine. That’s about all we’ve got in Haimtír.

Farkon

Greeting

Who’re you? Not another whiny villager, I hope.

Background

Name’s Farkon. I’m the headman in these parts. Jarl Jona herself gave me this village to watch over. She knew I’d keep these shifty Reachmen in line.

Haimtír

Not a bad place, long as you don’t pay much mind to the villagers and their grumbling. Nothing but grubby peasants, the lot of them.

Reachmen

Aye, they’re the poor excuse for farmhands I put up with around here. I swear them and their magic's to blame for my crops going bad. Scheming witches.

Ovocor

Greeting

What do you want from poor Ovocor?

Background

I am Ovocor, the poor %Class. I am poor, foolish, and not worth much. That is what Farkon says. But I can be clever too. Clever and tricky. He’ll see.

Haimtír

It is poor Ovocor’s home. Nords burned his old one to the ground. Killed many of his kinfolk too.

poor Ovocor

Yes, yes, I am poor. It is all Farkon’s fault. I tend his crops and what do I get in return? Cold gruel to eat and rags to wear. Always he is yelling in my ears. Thinks he can make me crawl in the dirt. But I’ll teach him. Perhaps you could help with this?

QUEST: [Ovocor hates Farkon. He wants the player to ask a matriarch to cast a curse on the Nord’s fields, so he’ll suffer a poor harvest. Haimtír’s shaman, Oonah, refuses, saying it would hurt the whole village. Instead, she offers a charm to hide besides Farkon’s bed that will put him in a better mood and incline him to treat Ovocor better. The matriarch of the nearby Braign Tribe camp will gleefully agree to make the village suffer, however.]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Good to hear from you Yeti. And great stuff as always! I like how the Nords blaiming Reach-magic for all kinds of misfortune is not entirely untrue.

How far along is Karthwasten NPC'ing? Need any help with anything?
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Alrighy. By my count, we still need:

2 friendly greetings

1 latest rumor topic

2 little advice topics

Plus any unique dialogue for notable characters.

A specific place topic isn't really needed for a village this small.

Again, I'd love for more people to contribute topics, to add more variety. The stuff roerich wrote up is better than a lot of what I've written here.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
PT Modder

Post by TerrifyingDaedricFoe »

Greeting (SpokentoPC > 0; Disp >= 70)

Greetings, %PCName. I didn't think I'd see you again so soon, there's not much cause for outsiders to come to Haimtír.

latest rumor
They say that bands of Orcs loyal to King Gortwog are hunting followers of Malacath in the Vorndgad Forest. Some Orcs come to our village to worship Trinimac in the *worship house*, but I don't think anyone's dared to ask them about it.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

In the next few weeks, I'd like to edit together a complete draft of Haimtir's dialogue. Feel free to post ideas and samples now, and afterwards I'll see if I can fill in any remaining spots.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I have some ideas, I will try to compile them.

Btw, I think the cave the Cult of the Smiling Ghoul hides in should be on the western end of the mesa instead, to add some more content there.
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Has the cave already been made, or do we need a new interior?

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

We need a new interior. Doesn't need to be so big.

Here's some dialogue. In retrospect, I think I'm setting a more positive tone for this area than you've been doing, perhaps we can find somewhere in between so we don't have to alter too much. I think it's good farming land, and that the coexistence between the 'outsiders' and the natives in generally peaceful, and is as such an exception from general Reachman-outsider relations.

Haimtír

(Non-Reachman)
It's a small village on the Briag Cnoss mesa of the Druadach Highlands. Not much happens here, we are mostly farmers and herders. We don't have much, but we live good lives here. There used to be more villages, as you can see if you've travelled around the mesa. Some were raided by hostile natives, but most were burned down during the war or in the chaotic aftermath. A lot of refugees fled here during the war, to be safe from all the bloodshed. The local Reachman tribe, the Pachkan, are a friendly lot. You shouldn't worry about them.

(Reachman)
Yes, Haimtír is very old place. Land of Konoch Haim, who ruled all the mesa in days of Faolan. We, the Pachkan, live here. Outsiders live here too. Many came here, after big fight between the Men of East and Men of South. Pachkan welcome them, we good friends of peaceful outsiders. We farm the land and praise our old gods. The outsiders farm the land and praise their own gods. No problems. Good life.

Friendly greetings:

(non-Reachman)
Are my eyes playing tricks on me? A stranger in Haimtír! Welcome, friend. We usually don't get visitors here.

(non-Reachman)
Welcome to Haimtír, %PCRace. How did you manage to find your way up here?

(Reachman)
Is new here, yes? Old gods bless your visit to Haimtír. The tribes of Braig Cnoss want no harm.

Little advice:

(non-Reachman)
While the locals here are peaceful, it's generally a good idea to steer clear of Reachmen. You've got to admire some of their craftsmanship, though. If you decide to trade with them, do remember to keep an eye out for their witchery! If you're lucky, you might just end up paying overprice. If not, I dare not think of what can happen to you.

(non-Reachman)
The cities of the The Reach are big and populous, but in the highlands there's sometimes very far between services. Remember to stock up on goods like potions and other equipment when you can, you don't want to find yourself low on healing potions deep into hostile Reachman territory. Jhorcian is a trustworthy fellow, he runs the tradehouse and can sell you some of what you might need.

(Reachman) (non-Jhorcian)
We Pachkan want no fight here. Peace, yes? Many kin-brothers and kin-sisters have good wares to sell. You try Gyrrg? Strong Reach brew. Make you relax after hard work. I think Jhorcian has Gyrrg, he run tradehouse.

(Reachman)
If you see Wormmouth, you back away. Evil creature, big mouth full of bad spirits. Make you sick. Strong hunters make armor from hide. Good armor.

Little secret:

(non-Reachman)
Most would probably scoff at the thought alone, but there are many torched villages in the Druadach Highlands. Back from the war, you know? I'm just saying, some people are still finding valuables when searching through those ruins. Some call those people looters, but in these days, you've gotta get by however you can, right?

(Reachman)
Seek the wise men and women of the tribes. Know much about wild herbs and old whisper-words. Know more than city-folk.

(Reachman)
Farkon. Big dumb Nord. Think he makes rules. Not know old Reach tricks.
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Meeting halfway should be possible, though the tone should at least lean a little dark, I'd think. Going by the number of burned villages on the mesa, this place has a bad history. At least some of that destruction probably dates to Jona's recent excursions in the Druadachs.

I like your Reachmen dialogue. The broken grammar might a be a tad overdone, here and there, but that's something I can tidy up when editing all of this together.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I've been slowly trying to edit this together. Here's what I have so far. I sort of lost inspiration for Unahon's dialogue.

Generic

Greetings (High Disposition)

You’ve reached Haimtír, a village on the Braig Cnoss mesa. Anything you need help with?

Well met, traveler. Are you going to be in Haimtír long? We don’t see many strangers in these parts.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me? A stranger in Haimtír? We usually don't get visitors.

Welcome to Haimtír, %PCRace. What brings you to our village?

Greetings (Low Disposition)

You've reached the village of Haimtír. You won't find much else on the Braig Cnoss mesa.

Yes, stranger? There's not much cause for outsiders to come to Haimtír. What do you want?

Yes, you're in Haimtír. What you'd want here, I couldn't guess.

Looking for services, traveler? You won't find many in Haimtír.

Haimtír

Reachmen

Yes, Haimtír is very old place. Land of Konoch Haim, who ruled all the mesa in days of Faolan. We, the Pachkan, live here, though we are not the only ones. Many others came to live among us when the Men of East fought the Men of South. We farm the land and praise our gods. The outsiders farm the land and praise their gods. All we want is peace. No problems. Good life.

Non-Reachmen

Haimtír is a small village. Not much happens here. We are mostly farmers and herders, making a living on the Braig Cnoss mesa. There used to be other villages in the local area, but the war took care of that. We don't have much, but we get by. The local Reachman tribe, the Pachkan, are a friendly lot. You shouldn't worry about them.

Latest rumor

Not long ago, a group of weird people came through here. An utterly unpleasant lot, clad in rags and stinking like corpses. After we found them scavenging through the ruins, Farkon and his men chased them away. He might know more, if you ask him.

They say that bands of Orcs loyal to King Gortwog are hunting followers of Malacath in the Vorndgad Forest. A few Orcs come to our village to worship Trinimac in the sanctuary, but I don't think anyone's dared ask them about it.

Little advice

Reachmen

You know the Braign? They live along the cliffs, east of here. Not friendly like us Pachkan. You be careful going near their camps.

If you see Wormmouth, you back away. Evil creature, with big mouth full of bad spirits. Make you sick. Strong hunters craft armor from their hides. Good armor.

Non-Reachmen

There are many tribes of Reachmen, and not all are peaceful like the Pachkan. Be careful when approaching their camps. And if you decide to trade with them, keep an eye out for their witchery!

Here in the highlands, you can go very far before seeing any towns. Remember to stock up on goods and equipment when you can. You don't want to find yourself low on healing potions deep in Reachman territory. Jhorcian is a trustworthy fellow, he runs the tradehouse and can sell you what you might need.

Little secret

You know Mirilstern? The elf ruins to the east, by the road to the lowlands? A great mage-lord once ruled these lands from those keeps. But that was long ago. Now it is a bad place, traveler. A very bad place. Don't fool around there too much.

Nearby caves are home to all sorts of foul things. Bandits, goblins, and worse. Farkon’s guards won’t lift a finger clearing them out, the useless oafs.

You can still find valuables in the many torched villages around the Druadach Highlands. Left over after the war, you know. You might scoff at the thought of looting, but in these days people get by however they can, right?

Local area

These are the Druadach Highlands. Dragonstar is to the north, Karthwasten to the south. Mirilstern is the old Direnni fortress on the western cliffs. The Braign Tribe live in nearby camps.

Services

You can haggle with Jhorcian at his tradehouse, or spend the night in one of his spare beds. Otherwise, there’s healing and potions at the shrine. That’s about all we’ve got in Haimtír.

Someone in particular

Reachmen

Farkon. Big dumb Nord. Thinks he makes rules. He doesn’t know the ways of the Reach. Talk to the wise woman Unahon instead. She knows much about wild herbs and old whisper-words.

Non-Reachmen

Farkon’s the village headman. He owns the farmland the rest of us make a living on. Unahon is a shaman and matriarch of the peaceful Pachkan tribe. Jhorcian barters with travelers at his tradehouse.

Unique

Farkon

Greeting

Who’re you? Not another whiny villager, I hope.

Background

Name’s Farkon. I’m the headman in these parts. Jarl Jona herself gave me this village to watch over. She knew I’d keep these shifty Reachmen in line.

Haimtír

Not a bad place, long as you don’t pay much mind to the villagers and their grumbling. Nothing but grubby peasants, the lot of them.

Reachmen

Aye, they’re the poor excuse for farmhands I put up with around here. I swear them and their magic's to blame for my crops going bad. Scheming witches.

weird people

Yes, we chased those wretches until they were off the mesa. You should've seen them run! Dirty thieves. There was something off about them, I tell ya.

Saw them crawling through the ruins, like beasts. Sent a shiver down my spine, when I saw one of them gnawing on a human bone! When we returned, we discovered they had managed to steal a bunch of valuables from around town.

You seem like a competent fellow. If you find these bastards, would you please make an end of them, and bring back the stolen goods? I'll make sure you get a fine reward.

Very good! We last saw the scum running to the western end of the mesa. Probably gone to hide in a cave. You can start there.

Bah, you’re just as cowardly as the rest of the villagers. Be off with ya.

Jhorcian

Greeting

Yes? Want to trade? My kin bring me good wares to sell. You try Gyrrg? Strong Reach brew. Make you relax after hard work.

Background

Jhorcian, they call me. You hear of my tradehouse? Many good things I have here. Gyrrg tea and wormmouth hides. Good hides.

Haimtír

We Pachkan want no fight here. Peace, yes? Why others want nothing but fight?

Dovoc

Greeting

What do you want from poor Dovoc?

Background

I am Dovoc, the poor %Class. I am poor, foolish, and not worth much. That is what Farkon says. But I can be clever too. Clever and tricky. He’ll see.

Haimtír

It is my home. Nords burned my old one to the ground. Killed many of my kinfolk too.

poor Dovoc

Yes, yes, I am poor. It is all Farkon’s fault. I tend his crops and what is my pay? Cold gruel to eat and rags to wear. Always he is yelling in my ears. Thinks he can make me crawl in the dirt. But I’ll teach him. Perhaps you could help with this?

Unahon

Greeting

Is new here, yes? Old gods bless your visit to Haimtír. The tribes of Braig Cnoss want no harm for you.

Background

My name? It is Unahon. I am a matriarch of the Pachkan tribe.

Haimtír

With two feet, you stand in our village. It is good place. Pachkan live here many years.

Return to “SHotN Characters & Questing”