Dialogue - Entries in Skyrim_Data

All topics related to NPCs, Quests and Dialogue
worsas
Project Administrator

Dialogue - Entries in Skyrim_Data

Post by worsas »

We do have a couple of dialogue entries included with Skyrim_Data that have erroneous response-conditions. Most Skyrim Lore responses show up on Vvardenfell when unlocked, for example. There are a few typos and some of the responses are probably outdated by now.

Would it make sense to carry these topics over to the main file, update them and remove them from Skyrim_Data afterwards?

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

For now, I'd suggest copying and pasting them into a Google Doc and deleting them from Skyrim_Data. We need to mount a larger effort to complete province and Hold-wide responses for commonly accessed topics like regions, fauna, drinks, and the like, and it would be easier to organize, update, edit, add to the topics we have already in a Google Doc format.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'll just upload the export of all dialogue entries in Skyrim_Data for now. I'm not sure how to reasonably structurize the google docs for this.

We should maybe look about adapting our way of working to that of P:C. P:C assigns "noLore" to all of their npcs in order to rid themselves of vanilla dialogue and utilize a spare PC_NoLore variable for actual nolore - npcs. However, they are also missing the useful control variable.

Edit: I'm going to remove the dialogue entries aswell as the outdated regions from Skyrim_Data.
Attachments
skyrim_data_dialogue.7z
(19.11 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Another thing:
At P:C Nibenese are differentiated from other Imperials by a PC_Nibenese - Variable. Would it make sense to do the same around here to differentiate Reachmen from regular Bretons? That way they could be part of different factions, like Mages- or Fighters Guild or Legion.

Would it be possible to rename the control-variable into Sky_Control? Having all of our variables in a single place would probably make things more convenient. TR's npc scripts feature two controls, btw. "control" and "controlQ". I imagine that these two could save us having to create spare scripts for many quest-involved characters, when just some advanced dialogue filtering is needed and no additional behaviour scripting.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

That sounds like a better solution for the Reachmen dialogue filtering issue, though we can still keep the faction for tribal Reachmen.

I'm pretty sure we've already implemented npc scripts for filtering Hold-specific dialogue, at least.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Yeti wrote:I'm pretty sure we've already implemented npc scripts for filtering Hold-specific dialogue, at least.
They currently look like this:
  • Sky_Hold
  • Control
and
  • Sky_Hold
  • Control
  • NoLore
And I would like to change them to this:
  • Sky_Hold
  • Sky_Control
  • Sky_ControlQ
  • NoLore
and
  • Sky_Hold
  • Sky_Control
  • Sky_ControlQ
  • Sky_NoLore
  • NoLore
That way a lot of vanilla dialogue would be filtered away from the beginning, as many of it relies on noLore not being set on the npc. For our own noLore npcs, we'd be using our distinctive Sky_NoLore variable.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Sounds good to me.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Cool.

Yeti, how are we going about the exported dialogue above? Do you want to set up and manage the google documents or should I do it?

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Sure, I'll start putting it together.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I've actually started putting this together, adapting some of the dialogue Infragris compiled for Project Cyrodiil.

Link

Return to “SHotN Characters & Questing”